FF Items Upgrade

Options
wnight
wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
So question is : Are the process of upgrading FF items really f...d up?

I have this nice ring which i want to upgrade. I have all required mats except 2 pieces of FF drop. I know that Lunar,Twilight or Warsoul can be "bought" by using chips which can't be done for FF items.
Is there another way of getting FF drop in order to upgrade FF items?
b:surrender
Post edited by wnight on

Comments

• Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    As in upgrading the Auspicious Ring to Auspicious Ring:Order?

It is not possible because FF has been nuked and made simpler for players to level in groups rather than what it was originally meant for: farming equipment. The drops that used to be in FF are no longer in existence there.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    whats FF? frostcovered city is its name :p, get with the times

anyways i dont think youre going to be better off praying for it to drop off one of the bosses, its an extremely rare one, but does drop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    whats FF? frostcovered city is its name :p, get with the times

anyways i dont think youre going to be better off praying for it to drop off one of the bosses, its an extremely rare one, but does drop.

"The Forgotten Frostlands" (FF, naturally) does not drop mats anymore, except "The Past of Frostcovered City" which can be used to make a couple of gears, or traded for cash at the Martial Arts Master. Curvades, green, and gold mats are just plain gone.

So to answer the question directly, yes, the process of upgrading FF items is "f***ed up" - ie, impossible. Your only chance for that FF-gold gear now is doing Frost runs 'til you're blue in the face and praying the gear you want appears.

Best of luck to you.

*And so we don't have a "this is its name" war - both FF and FC are correct. FF is the name on the map, FC is what you look for in auction house. On Heavens Tear, FF is the norm for world-shouts.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    its had numerous Ah name changes as well, used to be called frostialand on AH. when you actually get in the instance, its called frostcovered city. i know its not anything to do with MY either, its frostwalk there. FCC = normal on sanctuary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    its had numerous Ah name changes as well, used to be called frostialand on AH. when you actually get in the instance, its called frostcovered city. i know its not anything to do with MY either, its frostwalk there. FCC = normal on sanctuary.

Zoom in on your map, its still called Forgotten Frostland that way. And when you enter Twilight Temple, the area location never calls itself Twilight Temple, so whats inside doesnt mean thats what it should be called. The AH filter howver does call it Frostcovered City as you suggest. This is a case where its not "get with the times, this inst PW-MY" type of thing. Its merely a case of non-uniform naming even currently in the game. On Heavens Tear, FF seems to be the dominant name, but FC is a close second. Dont think anyone uses FCC on HT (cause Frostcovered is all 1 word, FCC would be like calling Lunar =LNG or Twilight Temple =TLT, seems odd, but to each server their own culture & naming)
  • MinervaWolf - Dreamweaver
    MinervaWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I for one wished they didnt nuke the FC mats >.> Might as well nuke the FC forges as well b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Here, with the Strana Mechty wolf, we see what may be the epitome of a warrior, cunning matched with instinct and stealth, joined with a final, terrifying attack. For this mighty creature, I name you. You are Clan Wolf." -Nicholas Kerensky
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Old FC mats can still be found in cat shops, so no reason to nuke the forges. Isn't there a way to make the mats from past of fc?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    FC (as it is on Dreamweaver teehee) was violated several ways during the process of turning it into an EXP-fest, and as has been said, you aren't going to be getting any mats from that place anytime soon.

Feel free to farm to the point of ridiculousness to hope that the drop you want actually drops. This isn't including the fact you might not get it, because in six men squad with item distribution on random, you don't have the biggest chance int he world of getting it anyway.

Would you like us here at the forums to write you an epitaph should the above happen?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]