We should all get healing abilities

Alliptica - Raging Tide
Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Suggestion Box
clerics are too valued in this game...people spam for hours so they can have cleric heal them for hours...and there simply are not enough of them...there are many times when i went without a bh bcuz we could not find a healer...so...why not make us all healers! i think each class should have ONE healing skill that allows to heal themself and others efficiently. and im not talking about the little wizzy/psychic heal...i mean something that can actually get you through a boss kill. and the cleric class could still be around of course for the revive and buff, just my idea to not make the game so dependent on a class that is very rare.
-retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
Post edited by Alliptica - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Then why play a cleric?....

Almost all classes have hp regen skills for themselves atleast though

Wiz: Morning Dew
    Psy: Bubble of life
    Veno: Metabollic Boost
    Barb: Sunder
    Sin: Bloodpaint
    BM: Diamond Sutra

Only one I cant think of is Archer but they have wings of grace and their plume shell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Only one I cant think of is Archer but they have wings of grace and their plume shell.

It's balanced in a weird way if you think about.

Only the magic classes each have a "true" heal (morning dew, bubble of life, all cleric heals, veno thingy).

While every physical class gets the skills the you listed plus double spark's healing affect. Effectively allowing every class to heal themselves solo.

As far as clerics needing to be replaceable..... no.

That'll just make a rare class even rarer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    genies /thread
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Archer is the only class that don't have any skills that regenerates hp, so be thankful for what you have. And yes, archers have defense skills that last for a few brief seconds or at least absorb a bit of damage, but I think all classes do have defense skills too.

I think a gm had made a comment on a thread similar to this one long ago. He said that there are a lot of substitutions in the game to regain hp besides cleric heals. Hp foods, instant elixirs (the purple ones for example), apothecary pots, genie heal skills - all four of these have separate cooldown times and can be used at the same time.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    so perhaps if everyone just used their skills properly, we wouldnt have to depend on clerics so much
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Every game you find will have a squad being reliant on clerics if it's anything challenging.
    Thats like saying I dont want a reliance on Veno's for a no-mana stealing bramble.
    So you want them to give bramble to every class cause you cant find a veno?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Who says morning dew isn't a real heal?

Unles the boss debufs the tank, I can keep a barb alive through most of the bosses
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If other classes were to get healing abilities similar to that of a Cleric we'd be obsolete. A Cleric's healing gives balance to our weaker DD skills, if DDers and tankers can self heal efficiently without the use of apo/event food/pots then us Clerics may as well re-roll. If you really want a self heal so badly get Tree of Protection or Second Wind for your genie.

Clerics are the main healing class, don't ever make a thread this stupid again. Good bye :)
  • palpdaddy
    palpdaddy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If other classes were to get healing abilities similar to that of a Cleric we'd be obsolete. A Cleric's healing gives balance to our weaker DD skills, if DDers and tankers can self heal efficiently without the use of apo/event food/pots then us Clerics may as well re-roll. If you really want a self heal so badly get Tree of Protection or Second Wind for your genie.

Clerics are the main healing class, don't ever make a thread this stupid again. Good bye :)

That is what I was thinking the whole time...once I read the initial post. Clerics are the healing Class. It seems a lack of knowledge is missing though, which is, Clerics die so easily at times in parties. Yep. Our Healing causes a lot of Mob "aggravation." When the Clerics drops...the party usually drops as well.

Try reading my post about the Cleric issues. Clerics are not as great as you think and there are plenty in the game. Just go to where the Wing Elves have their main homes. Wow.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    palpdaddy wrote: »
    That is what I was thinking the whole time...once I read the initial post. Clerics are the healing Class. It seems a lack of knowledge is missing though, which is, Clerics die so easily at times in parties. Yep. Our Healing causes a lot of Mob "aggravation." When the Clerics drops...the party usually drops as well.

Try reading my post about the Cleric issues. Clerics are not as great as you think and there are plenty in the game. Just go to where the Wing Elves have their main homes. Wow.

Yea,plenty of them.Try finding a cleric to do FF/TT/BH after 60 or 70.And what might the name of where the Winged Elves have their home are,Mr. Expert on Games
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    palpdaddy wrote: »

I have played a Cleric for 90 un-oracled levels, it is my main character and I'm pretty sure after all the time I've spent using it I know a lot more about Clerics than you. Clerics don't die as easy as YOU think. Plume Shell grants us damn near immunity to physical mobs, which is what most dungeons consist of. And if you do run into the few magic mobs they have, Guardian Light is a good substitute, then again if it's a magic mob a few IH should keep you alive no problem.

Obviously we die easily in parties, we are the absolute squishiest class in the game. We have neither Stone Barrier or Fox Form to boost or defenses, but what we do have are far superior heals. I'm not saying we won't die, I'm saying if you die every time a single mob comes at you, you're a complete fail and need to reroll.

So... I think it's time you reroll, OH! And next time you make a thread like that at least make it with you Cleric instead of some anonymous name...
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I have played a Cleric for 90 un-oracled levels, it is my main character and I'm pretty sure after all the time I've spent using it I know a lot more about Clerics than you. Clerics don't die as easy as YOU think. Plume Shell grants us damn near immunity to physical mobs, which is what most dungeons consist of. And if you do run into the few magic mobs they have, Guardian Light is a good substitute, then again if it's a magic mob a few IH should keep you alive no problem.

Obviously we die easily in parties, we are the absolute squishiest class in the game. We have neither Stone Barrier or Fox Form to boost or defenses, but what we do have are far superior heals. I'm not saying we won't die, I'm saying if you die every time a single mob comes at you, you're a complete fail and need to reroll.

So... I think it's time you reroll, OH! And next time you make a thread like that at least make it with you Cleric instead of some anonymous name...

Wrong, clerics are not the squishiest class. Physics can make themselves squishiest with black voodoo... they can easily get 1 shotted by Qingzi b:surrender. On top of that, clerics can absorb more DMG than archers. Clerics can die easily in parties. But that goes for everybody. Either from a mistake or the situation goes out of hand.

@ the OP

Clerics have their first priority is HEALING, their secondary priority is debuffs. (they can have good DPS as well)
    Wizards have a first priority of DPS, second priority is tanking magic enemies (they can heal good as well)

You want everyone have healing abilities??? Wizards heal fine, you might not need cleric to heal, they might even DD wood based enemies while wiz heals. But other than that, why not make clerics have pets then so they can just ironheart their hercs? Jeez... these powerleveling things are making more fails
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Wrong, clerics are not the squishiest class. Physics can make themselves squishiest with black voodoo... they can easily get 1 shotted by Qingzi b:surrender. On top of that, clerics can absorb more DMG than archers. Clerics can die easily in parties. But that goes for everybody. Either from a mistake or the situation goes out of hand.

Damn... I admit, I forgot about Psychics. I must ask though, what kind of Psychics are you squadding with that use Black Voodoo over White while in a squad? That's a surefire way to get aggro on something you shouldn't.

Also... I'm not saying it's not easy for people to die in parties, it's just easier for Arcanes than it is for a Barb or Blademaster. Anway, as long as the squad has people that know what they're doing things should go fine even if something gets out of hand. But meh, I've been in a few massacresb:laugh
  • Nieren - Dreamweaver
    Nieren - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    That would`nt make the game as fun, all the classes have there specialties, and if everyone had healing, then clerics would be nothing. And, you can also try health potions :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    That would`nt make the game as fun, all the classes have there specialties, and if everyone had healing, then clerics would be nothing. And, you can also try health potions :/

Yep... if they make heals available to everyone I demand pets too, then I can buy me a Herc and solo everything!
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Gah, this is out of discussion, I have healed non fail squads for several bosses, BH runs and even some quests, but the problem is that some players don't use their class as they should.

On the end, wizards are a tad under rated, and if you make everybody on the game able to heal, we will be not more useful than a BM, Would we?
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]