Tideborn Aerogear, (The better way to fly)

Zuppy - Raging Tide
Zuppy - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Suggestion Box
So I am more or less distraught by the fact that tideborns, which supposedly are born from the sea or from within the sea, fly with wings. Although I could make a thread based upon that argument I am not, instead I am attempting to fix it, with a vast range of ideas from the community of PWI. Basically I want to know what idea's other people have, besides myself, and then reflect upon those idea's in order to maybe help the PWI developing team get an idea for new aerogear.

Allow me to start this off by saying my personal choice in aerogear. I think a good choice for tideborns would be a squid. Now why you might ask, well squids for one are very aero-dynamic in shape, espically around the head, not to meantion their amazingly beastly arms that could allow them to propel themselves through the air. These are but a few reasons as to why I have chosen a squid as a possible idea.

I'm ready for more, let's hear the ideas please.

-Zuppy-
Post edited by Zuppy - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    fly around in a giant bubble.

Propelled by bubble farts.
  • Opalwind - Heavens Tear
    Opalwind - Heavens Tear Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    well..... I just hope no one changes my wings to a squid or ima slap someone b:angry
  • PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    fly around in a giant bubble.

Propelled by bubble farts.

OH MY GAWD I will ragequit if that happens, and they will be making **** sounds too? JESUS CHRIST wtf that's just nasty (unattractive in female TB) b:surrenderb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm the only Harpy, Who's Psychic and knows all!b:chuckleb:pleased

Live Life How You wish To Live It.

I love PWI, Teh Forums, and Konari b:thanks

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    And what's wrong with a fish creature flying with burning wings? I love being a fish fry b:angry
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well, if you look a bit more closely, a lot of them resemble fish fins... And you notice that they're quite rigid in the way they move, unlike the Elf wings.

Anyways, they could've been a bit more creative.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Me suggest fish wings.....
    gasp me suggestion must be teh best because they already use fish wings to fly.....in real life....
    O.o'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i would rather ride on a squid then use wings for my TB wut about a flying turtle aerogear lol you could have a seahorse,some type of shark,some type of whale,sea serpent,& maby a cloud of energy made of souls well thts all i can think ofb:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    anwynd wrote: »
    i would rather ride on a squid then use wings for my TB wut about a flying turtle aerogear lol you could have a seahorse,some type of shark,some type of whale,sea serpent,& maby a cloud of energy made of souls well thts all i can think ofb:victory

There, that would look cool.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Assassins= Anatomy
    Psychic= Souls

That Energy of Souls would only seem right on the Psychic, but Hey an Excellent Idea

If Only they just fraking give me the powah to change some shet, I will have the opinions of Aedrian written and down and make that shet happen! ^_^ b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm the only Harpy, Who's Psychic and knows all!b:chuckleb:pleased

Live Life How You wish To Live It.

I love PWI, Teh Forums, and Konari b:thanks

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You have no idea of how much I would like that to happen ^^

Well, every suggestion but this one:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6858032&postcount=53

But if you decide to do it with every suggestion, it would still be funny ^^
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zuppy - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Just a few things I wish to point out, on the last page there was a comment on how the wings look similar to gills or something along the lines of that, how would that explain first off the wings you get from just hitting level 30, along with Virious Truth wings (I think that is what they are called.) Along with the fire type wings that are also avaliable.

Second I wanted to comment on the comment about how the wings are stiff, it is for this very reason that I do not like the wings, first off that is not aero-dynamic, second off it kind of made me a little upset with the devlopment team, I mean I understand they probably had a deadline to get the Tideborn classes finished, and that's fine, but I would have at least expected them to hold back on CashShop Aerogear till they have developed something I don't know a little more unique, I mean evey other class has a different aerogear.

Meh, also the next thing I want to comment on is the suggestion of a turtle. I love that idea I think that would be rather fantastic, however I would think that the PWI developing team would find that to be more of a mount than a type of aero gear just due to the fact that it has the capablity to walk on land. Although it would be a rather slow mount if it holds true to it's reputation.

Let's keep this going people I want more suggestions, I'm liking the majority of what I am reading.

-Zuppy
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sins should have massive flying sharks and like a Massive Liopleurodon. That would make me want to play.. It should also have a cute trail of hearts following it b:dirtyb:dirty
    What? No Hearts? What about a trail of blood or something b:cute
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    2 races have flying mounts, 2 races have wings, makes sense to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Oh oh! New idea! a Manta ray! Oh wait.. Barbs have it.. wtf? I don't get why barbs and venos get Manta Ray as mounts .____.

I vote for a gigantic flying liopleurodon though. Imo that with an awesome trail like the Tidal Serpent would be so pro...
  • Onin - Harshlands
    Onin - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm currently with Virtuous Truth wings and yes, they look like corals with bubbles moving inside.

Flying Octopus will suit sooo cool to my psy XD

(o,O)
    /l l l \

wait!... that's more like owl... nvm

Must be the untamed that came firs with the flying animals. And yea... fishes including.
  • Zuppy - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    2 races have flying mounts, 2 races have wings, makes sense to me

Humans have the nifty little Sword aerogears, Untamed sport the rays and various Cashshop Gears, and elves sport wings, I'm going to attemp knock out a reply that will be directly above this one as well with this next array of words. I myself have never noticed anything simlar to anything water like being placed into the wings that we can aquire, for instance the level 30 npc wings, they pretty much resemble a hercule bettle's wing that you would find out in the middle of the Tropical Rain Forest.

The Soluem Feathers I have yet to find anything that looks simliar to water, on those sets of wings.

VT, Dreamchaser, Shadowbreeze and, Wildfire look very similar to wings you would find on a butterfly, minus a few abstract colors, and odd curves to the wings.

As for Spectural Haze, I have no idea what those resemble I just think they slaped together two rectangles and then angeled them at the bottem of them to make them look like they were coming out of the back of our characters. Poorly designed in my opinon, however I can understand due to the lack of time I'm sure they had to release the wings with the Tideborns.
  • Reinforce - Raging Tide
    Reinforce - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    the best thing they should do id change the "wings" to fins to explain why the tb "wings" look like butterfly and is like a giantic wood plank colourfully decorated.

oh yea,be4 TB came out i had tis idea of tb flyinig witout a mount,jus tat they levitate.But they leave huge trail of water
  • Kotasha - Dreamweaver
    Kotasha - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think the best thing for TBs would to be have them have very square looking almost cardboard wings but with some cool sparkly effects and no flexibility what-so-ever ... and a bunch of lamers yelling about how '****' they look.

Oh wait ... that's how they look now.
    hmmm ... but they're still prettier than elven wings at the same price level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aseroth - Heavens Tear
    Aseroth - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    y dont we just give them the ability to swim in the air when they fly eh?

or maybe a magic platform that caries them around.

or maybe even the ability to walk on air.

or a magic current that drifts them off were they please?
  • Aseroth - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    or maybe a transformation from tideperson to sea serpent that swims in the air!
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I still say this is the way to go for the fishies:

roflcopter_2.jpg
  • Zuppy - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    y dont we just give them the ability to swim in the air when they fly eh?

or maybe a magic platform that caries them around.

or maybe even the ability to walk on air.

or a magic current that drifts them off were they please?

Okay, I honestly never thought of a magic current idea, I mean that is absoultly amazing, if I do say so myself fantastic. I would go as far as saying though that, instead of magic, perhaps you travel on water that appears under you. I think that is a fantastic idea! One that should be considered.
  • Aseroth - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    yeah like maybe they can surf on a flying wave or whirlpool.

or maybe a surfboard.

or they can simply spin the way a bullet does u know the currents of air that spin around the bullet when its shot?

maybe it can be like that except light or water.

but remember the bubble suggestion?

well if there gunna use bubbles then they should be less disturbing like riding on or in a giant bubble.
  • Aseroth - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    heh this is great the more we talk on the subject the closer we get to a better idea!
  • Aseroth - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    so wat we gunna put for tideborn idea eh?
  • Strellont - Raging Tide
    Strellont - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Here's what I say, personalize the Meditated state thing for tideborn. Then that is your general flying state. It could be a different color, and make the fins larger. They could flap quickly, much like a hummingbird.

And if all else fails, a Bicycle like ET. :P
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Necrob:sweat

And if you must necro, make it a GOOD post. Seriously, ET?!