i want to be a tanking barb!!

Untamed_Slip - Heavens Tear
Untamed_Slip - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Barbarian
i want to be a tanking barb.. were should i put my point every lvl or 2 to be a good tank barb i want to have alot of vit si i will be good can someone help me plz?
Post edited by Untamed_Slip - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i want to be a tanking barb.. were should i put my point every lvl or 2 to be a good tank barb i want to have alot of vit si i will be good can someone help me plz?

i think 3str2vit/lv :) and wear alto vit eq with later acc rings
  • Untamed_Slip - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    3 strength and 2 vit wont work cause i need dex for armor and my wep to so what should i put in for a tank build then!!!
  • Barb_nico - Harshlands
    Barb_nico - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    u should add str and dex only for gear req then rest on vit
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    u should add str and dex only for gear req then rest on vit

Like he said, enough STR and DEX only enough for armors on weapons, rest VIT.

At your level, you need 137 STR, 27 DEX, 71 VIT. (3 STR, 0.5 DEX, 1.5 VIT per LVL)

Here is a little algebra for you, L represents LVL

STR = L * 3
    DEX = L / 2
    VIT = L * 1.5

that should be your stats... The gears you need to wear is VIT, HP and P.DEF bonuses, also Beyond 49, you need P.DMG bonuses for your strength of the titan's buff to help hold arggo.

Also, check the guide before you post, searching will save you time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    3 strength and 2 vit wont work cause i need dex for armor and my wep to so what should i put in for a tank build then!!!

sry true,every 2 lv good that, or better the 1dex 6str 5vit/lv2 formula
  • Untamed_Slip - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    that what i been doing i have alot more hp then any barb my lvl nowb:thanks
  • ClericNico - Dreamweaver
    ClericNico - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The way i do mine is even levels i do 3 str, 2 vit and odd levels 3 str, 1 vit, 1 dex. This way i have enough str and dex to keep up with TT weps and armor, while still putting a decent amnt in vit and remaining a pretty good tank. Plus, broken down to even and odd levels like that, it's easier to keep from getting confused. Good luck to ya. :)

P.S. Barb_nico, i love ur name hehe.
    Sometimes, when I'm bored, I blow myself up. b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ClericNico: 7x Cleric, Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 7x Barbarian, Tormented Executor (Hate2Love Alt Faction)
    Durzo_Blint: 6x Blademaster, Tormented

The cleric formerly known as the veno known as Sheeeba. b:chuckle
  • Shyachi - Heavens Tear
    Shyachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    btw it's always about stats that make you a good tanking barb, it's a start but far from being a "good" tank. it's all about skills and timing too, being able to keep all the squishy toons alive, and make sure you never die, always have lots of chi at hand cause you never know when you might need to turtle. Make sure the cleric is always on your **** and not getting left behind just cause you're faster, but not stealing heal agro.

In my experience it's not about all the vit either, i like having dex, so i can actually hit stuff, cause canceling spells become alot more important later, beast of alacrity FTW, but without enough dex you'll miss, unless you get misty rings at lvl 77. i personally have 72 dex with gears. i'm trying to push for 80 so i get the crit bonus. having decent crit helps holding agro too. i personally don't like Sacrifice, so i rely on the crits more.

So stats are a good place to start but you can't base a person's skills as a tank with just stats. it's about the experience

and that's my 2 cents, if i've missed anything or have something to add feel free, i appreciate constructive criticism
  • TerminatorX - Lost City
    TerminatorX - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Depends. If your only goal is tanking, then you're only gonna want the Axe and Pole paths, enough Str to equip Heavy Armor, and enough Dex to equip weapons. Everything else in Vit.

I have a full table of levels and stats for a full vit mainPole/subAxe multipath, but most people would prefer mainAxe/subPole.

If you want to be something other than a tanker simultaneously, well, figure out where you're gonna cap Sta and treat it otherwise like a normal BM.

EDIT: HOLY **** THIS IS THE BARB SECTION NVM.
    Red Truth. A conditional truth - Pole BMs are epic... as tanks.
    Blue Truth. A possible truth - Full Vit Pole BMs are epic at AoE.
    Golden Truth. The absolute truth - My Pole BM is the most epic on Lost City.
    He who masters truth, masters the world. Maybe. Showering daily helps too.
  • Gimlett - Lost City
    Gimlett - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    In my experience it's not about all the vit either, i like having dex, so i can actually hit stuff, cause canceling spells become alot more important later, beast of alacrity FTW, but without enough dex you'll miss, unless you get misty rings at lvl 77.

I currently have 54 dex (at level 100) and I almost never miss bosses, their evasion is so so low that your accuracy is almost meaningless. I've never really been sold on misty rings either, 50% of a vit build barb's base accuracy is pretty low.. and the % accuracy stats do not stack with bloodbath so it's actually a little better to get npc rings with + accuracy values that are non-percentages (e.g. +70 acc etc).
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I currently have 54 dex (at level 100) and I almost never miss bosses, their evasion is so so low that your accuracy is almost meaningless. I've never really been sold on misty rings either, 50% of a vit build barb's base accuracy is pretty low.. and the % accuracy stats do not stack with bloodbath so it's actually a little better to get npc rings with + accuracy values that are non-percentages (e.g. +70 acc etc).

It's true that misty's aren't nearly as impressive on a VIT barb than a DEX BM persay, but I still think they are a good set of rings to use in 7x/8x for a tanking kitty. They are relatively inexpensive and give good adds (acc+vit), so not a bad choice imo.
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Gimlett - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    It's true that misty's aren't nearly as impressive on a VIT barb than a DEX BM persay, but I still think they are a good set of rings to use in 7x/8x for a tanking kitty. They are relatively inexpensive and give good adds (acc+vit), so not a bad choice imo.

You're right, especially now they're cheaper. I dismissed them when I was 8x and the molds were like 3-4m each =(
    The +attack stats on them are supprisingly high for the grade.
  • Shyachi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010

yeah i agree with you to a point about not missing against bosses, but it's still there, and against normal mobs it's different, but i guess towards endgame that doesn't really matter eh? since most runs are wined? i personally don't know, cause i'm only lvl 79. so far i have 61 dex, with gears i have 80 dex, for the crit bonus. I find it a little easier to hold agro if you can have a steady flow of crits going, i have 7% crit atm, aiming for at least 9~10% around lvl 90
  • EmptyWords - Heavens Tear
    EmptyWords - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    cause canceling spells become alot more important later, beast of alacrity FTW, but without enough dex you'll miss, unless you get misty rings at lvl 77. i personally have 72 dex with gears. i'm trying to push for 80 so i get the crit bonus.

I have 60 dex.
    Never used misty rings..and my alacrity works great b:victory
  • Gimlett - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    yeah i agree with you to a point about not missing against bosses, but it's still there, and against normal mobs it's different, but i guess towards endgame that doesn't really matter eh? since most runs are wined? i personally don't know, cause i'm only lvl 79. so far i have 61 dex, with gears i have 80 dex, for the crit bonus. I find it a little easier to hold agro if you can have a steady flow of crits going, i have 7% crit atm, aiming for at least 9~10% around lvl 90

From 90-99 I ran eden and/or brimstone (bh89s) unwined at least twice a week, I also did a bootload of frost runs over the last couple of months which involves lots and lots of mobs, my sunder and surf impact skills virtually never miss! I also grind alot in map 3 and have no problem hitting mobs. The fact is, bosses have insanely low evasion and mobs have very low evasion as well. Pretty much the only time I kick myself for not having much accuracy is if I end up in PvP with an archer or a fist BM.
  • Shyachi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    okay, ty for the correction and info/input. i guess accuracy isn't too important i guess in PvE, but i'm thinking of eventually PvPing so extra dex won't hurt me i guess. and i just can't resist the crit bonus b:laugh
  • Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver
    Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    that what i been doing i have alot more hp then any barb my lvl nowb:thanks

vit doesnt have that great of hp....
    u prob just have better armor than the rest
    9x Barb
    6x Seeker
    6x BM
    6xCleric
    [SIGPIC]http://i38.tinypic.com/nco6ts.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver
    Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    okay, ty for the correction and info/input. i guess accuracy isn't too important i guess in PvE, but i'm thinking of eventually PvPing so extra dex won't hurt me i guess. and i just can't resist the crit bonus b:laugh

2misty forest ring

100% accu ftw
    9x Barb
    6x Seeker
    6x BM
    6xCleric
    [SIGPIC]http://i38.tinypic.com/nco6ts.jpg[/SIGPIC]