Options
Adamaeus - Dreamweaver
Adamaeus - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Blademaster
My BM is lvl 73 poleblade

Stats: 212 str
77 vit
75 dex

Since the start, i have been using a 3-2-2 build ( 3 str. every lvl. alternating between 2 vit or dex every lvl)

1st question :is this a good build?

2nd question: should I now stop adding points to vit. and just towards str. and dex. from this point on...or should i just stick with my original build?

(I.E Since lvl 71 i have been holding back on adding points..so i still have 11 available)

Look forward to hearing back
Post edited by Adamaeus - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Ehmi - Heavens Tear
    Ehmi - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yea I would stop putting VIT and dumping more points to DEX
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grospoliner - Heavens Tear
    Grospoliner - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

b:victory
    I agree completely
  • Adamaeus - Dreamweaver
    Adamaeus - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

But would'nt a stop to my vit adding affect how i take mag and physical damage in the future?
    edited March 2010
    Options
    But would'nt a stop to my vit adding affect how i take mag and physical damage in the future?

You already have ridiculously high vit...if you want more roll a barb and be a fulltime tank. BM's are damage dealers at the core you can't deal damage if you can't hit. Add more dex...use Misty Forest Rings, and Amber Shards...
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^^^ what everybody else is saying.

Dont worry about your survivability, learn to flux marrows at the correct times, don't forget your sutra and your gold. b:victory
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have 3 base vit and I tank all the bosses in TT I and TT II. b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have 3 base vit and I tank all the bosses in TT I and TT II. b:victory

cant main tank drum or SB in 1-3 yet or wur in 2-1 or pole/nob but just about everything else at level me can tank...with 3 base vit

looking forward to trying those again at 80

b:surrender
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I also have 3 base vit...I tank everything in FB 59 and 69 with ease so long as the cleric doesn't suck
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I also have 3 base vit...I tank everything in FB 59 and 69 with ease so long as the cleric doesn't suck

You can tank everything in 69 with ease....right.

And finally the thread degenerates into lies. =/ BM's aren't tanks. But minimum vit fragile BM's definitely aren't tanks.
    edited March 2010
    Options

And finally the thread degenerates into lies. =/ BM's aren't tanks. But minimum vit fragile BM's definitely aren't tanks.

You do realize I said so long as the cleric doesn't suck right. How is that a lie. The "with ease" part is probably a stretch because I do need a good cleric but I can do it and have done it.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

least we can holds tah aggro?

and considering anyone with fists + int can shadow 2x spark to cancle every spell thown at em by a boss...

ill venture that ourside of gamma they make better tanks than vit builds

and no a bm will not tank pole/nob untill they get 5.5k hp + so doable with low vit but it gets pricy
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • eowyn - Sanctuary
    eowyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    minimal vit build fails before lvl 90+ and even then it only works if you can afford high lvl shards and high refines. I would never put less than 60 vit on my BM. Those points are not spent better elsewhere. 3% crit? more acc/eva? You have enough with 160 dex at 90 and that leaves enough for vit.

BMs are meant to be secondary tanks and DD, get a good mix between max att power and high vit. Try to get both high as possible.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Actually, the problem comes if you want to get fists and axes at 90. You need 450 stat points, 10 of which are base stats. 272 STR for 90 axes and 178 DEX for 90 fists. That leaves you with only 5 stat points. So, if you want to have all weapons up to your level at 90 without equipment boosts, you won't have too much vit. Btw I got 80 VIT if you don't count equipment boosts.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • TerminatorX - Lost City
    TerminatorX - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Then restat, right?
    Red Truth. A conditional truth - Pole BMs are epic... as tanks.
    Blue Truth. A possible truth - Full Vit Pole BMs are epic at AoE.
    Golden Truth. The absolute truth - My Pole BM is the most epic on Lost City.
    He who masters truth, masters the world. Maybe. Showering daily helps too.
  • MinervaWolf - Dreamweaver
    MinervaWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Im with DarkSeph, not only can his BM tank, but my Archer can tank (using fist mind you) fb69. Heck she can tank almost any boss w/o any problems. The other day i solo'd the Raged Wraith Chief, no cleric either.

BM's not tanks? I beg to differ. If ur BM cant tank, then obviously something is wrong with your toon...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Here, with the Strana Mechty wolf, we see what may be the epitome of a warrior, cunning matched with instinct and stealth, joined with a final, terrifying attack. For this mighty creature, I name you. You are Clan Wolf." -Nicholas Kerensky