Water Pets

Psymanic - Harshlands
Psymanic - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Are there any good water pets you can get that are not turtles? I'm level 20 Veno.
Post edited by Psymanic - Harshlands on

Comments

• AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Not really, lowest lvl water pets are turtles..lower lvl you start training a pet the more its stats can develop, turtles work perfectly fine and have decent pdef/mres
    For air pet try Petite Sawfly (Winged Elf, bamboo village, will need someone to catch for you, or your own flying mount)
    Land pet - Crystalline Magmite (lvl 17 usually catshops in Wellspring Village)
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • Psymanic - Harshlands
    Psymanic - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Okay, Thank you
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Okay, Thank you

Starting at... 29? 31? Somewhere like that, there are mermaids (death dancer!) and water-undines. Which are pretty good. Less tanky than turtles though.

At 80 is the plumpfish.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Not really, lowest lvl water pets are turtles..lower lvl you start training a pet the more its stats can develop, turtles work perfectly fine and have decent pdef/mres
    For air pet try Petite Sawfly (Winged Elf, bamboo village, will need someone to catch for you, or your own flying mount)
    Land pet - Crystalline Magmite (lvl 17 usually catshops in Wellspring Village)

Magmites have been replaced as land tank pet of choice by the level 19 Glacial Walker from the Tideborn home island.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Mentaz - Sanctuary
    Mentaz - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You don't actually need help - they fly pretty low. With just a bit of luck, you can stand on top of a hill and be in range to catch one.
  • Shelle - Lost City
    Shelle - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There is a TB fish its lv 12 i think, i have it on my lv 25 veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Magmites have been replaced as land tank pet of choice by the level 19 Glacial Walker from the Tideborn home island.
    Really? Great that means taming one and lvling from 19-61.. is there really that big a difference that makes it worth me taking the time to lvl one up 42 times?
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
  • meshktenye
    meshktenye Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Are there any good water pets you can get that are not turtles? I'm level 20 Veno.

I actually addressed this very subject in my Advanced Money Making guide (Shameless Plug b:laugh).
    Due to the rarity of water quests, I don't recommend leveling water pets up. It is much better to just tame whatever water monster is available in the area of your quest when you need it. Taming pets near your level is one of the skills venos are famous for. At level 80 tame a celestial plumpfish for your permanent water pet.

In fact other than the Glacial Walker, and until you get a Hercules and a Phoenix, I don't recommend leveling any pets. While it is correct that a pet that you tame at a low-level and level up will be stronger than a pet you tame near your level - the time spent leveling it up is just not your best use of time. And the difference in strength between a leveled pet and a pet tamed nead your level is relatively minor. Additionally, pets tamed near your level will often have more and better skills than a leveled pet.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I've never actively levelled a water pet - had some late 70s quests, but I waited for level 80 to get the plumpy fish.
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    To be completely honest i didn't really bother with my turtle..got it to lvl 28 and just could not see the point for the amount of quests that actually involve underwater mobs. Anyway..does anyone know if Glacial Walkers are on AH?
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x