What Job kills without skills?

macu85
macu85 Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi, im new at PW and i wanna know wich job doesnt to press keys or press a lot keys for kill mobs?

Blademaster or Venomancer, or another? or some special build? maybe some that has high attack and bad def? what do you thing guys?

Ive a problem with my hand (tendonitis) so i wanna choose the best char for this reason, thanks :)
Post edited by macu85 on

Comments

• Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    your best bet to get around that would be to set up a few macros. theres a macro system included in PWI, and it allows you to put a series of atks into a string you trigger with 1 key. Make a few of those, and youll be good to go. As for the class, probably either a blademaster, or a barbarian. Both are melee atkers withe good physical defense, and they use relatively few skills. Any of the mage classes spam spells, and both Sins and Archers also spam skills. Hope this helps.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yes, macros will be a big help for you. (The in-game macroing system is pretty good, but take a look at things like 'remote commander' and 'auto hotkey' to improve on it further.

And, although other players may mock you, venomancers CAN get away with playing like a bot.
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ^Yup, macros.
    And for the skills... Blademasters use a few skills then kill the mobs with normal attacks. Same for Archers. They mainly use skills for their effects (slowing, knockback) and finish the mobs with normal attacks. It's easy to create attack combo macros for an Archer :)
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • macu85
    macu85 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Thanks a lot for the answers i was confuse

Then i can get a blademaster with dex/str build or something like that to kill fast without skills?

thanks again ^^
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    macu85 wrote: »

Then i can get a blademaster with dex/str build or something like that to kill fast without skills?

thanks again ^^

Dex will not increase your kill speed by much as a Blademaster. It only increases critical %, accuracy, and evasion. However, for Archer and Assassin, Dex is both for those components and also for their damage, as their weapons rely on Dex rather than Str for damage.

Assassins can kill using one or no skills at all. I would say if you want to be able to kill without having to push too many buttons, they would be ideal. They are very squishy though, so an Infliction Genie with Second Wind would be a major aid. As long as you stick to sparks for doing damage, you'll find no trouble with it.
  • Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary
    Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    macu85 wrote: »

thanks again ^^

BM has 4 weapon paths and are learnt individually.

Axe - AOE (area of effect) type
    Pole - Single target + range + a few AOE
    Sword - Single target + range
    Fist - Single Target + Effects + 1 AOE

Str / Dex attributes will affect what equipment you can equip. There's something called the 4 path BMs that require you to distribute carefully. Check the BM threads for more on that.

As far as I know, Axe BMs cannot be put on macro that well.

Otherwise, pole/sword/fist don't need to spam spells and largely use normal attacks. You don't need mana to kill either.

Edit: I forgot to mention. Check the weapon for something called Attack Rate. Usually, weapons with slow attack rate (e.g. 0.83 atk/sec) have higher dmg, and those with high attack rate (1.11 atk/sec) have lower dmg. Weapons with "Quicken" attribute also activate occasionally to increase attack rate. Experiment a few weapons to figure out what works best for you.
  • LTraveller - Dreamweaver
    LTraveller - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Grinding shouldn't be a problem. It is possible to create "kill that (stand-alone) mob" macros for all the classes I played.

Venomancer: ironwood - venomous - pet heal - venomous - pet heal; repeat. Add more attacks as you get them.
    Wizard: make several macros for different mobs. For example, metal mobs are weak against fire, so open with you best fire nuke, and follow with a mix of attacks having chance to slow and other fire spells: divine pyrogram - gush - pyrogram - gush - pyrogram, repeat. That'll work very well on magic mobs (since their attacks won't hurt you much thru arcane armor), but not so well on melee and especially archer type mobs. Later you'll be able to mix in knockbacks and seals.
    Cleric: same as wizard, plus you have another option: cyclone - plume shot - ironheart blessing, repeat; with that you can kill mag mobs up to 20 levels above you.
    Blademaster: high pdef makes grinding on phy mobs easy. It should be possible to kill them with nothing but regular attacks. Of course you can open with a macro: hit a mob with drake ray while he's running towards you, then use aeolian blade (strong hit + chance to stun), etc.

But grinding is quite boring. You'll want to run dungeons with a squad. In a squad:
    Venomancer can remain quite efficient with little input: same attack combos for mobs, amplify damage for bosses (2 keys), lending hand (3 clicks); pulling shouldn't be too difficult too.
    Cleric requires fast switching between squad members, but that can be done with hotkeys or by clicking a squad member list.
    Blademaster is difficult to play well. With little input... well, might work I guess: select mob from a group, launch aoe combo.
    LTraveller, lv85 veno
    NamiOto, lv80 full support cleric
    RoamingAdmin, 7X fist/axe BM
    Ion_Cannon, 6X full mag wizard

(full support: healing + fire support)
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Eh, when it comes to macros, I only ever use them against bosses that take more than 10 minutes to kill. Hit macro + afk for a little bit.

Against mobs, it's a little more like an axe BM. I've tried making macros that cycle the knockback and seal skills, but none of them ever really work out all that well.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adagio - Lost City
    Adagio - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    the best macros for lazy players are on archers. Currently my archer can use the macro: normal,normal, kncokback, normals to finish. This kills all my required quest mobs before they reach me, and every once in awhile i use plume shell to regain whatever mana i might have lost.