Why so much drama?

Options
Yorkin - Dreamweaver
Yorkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 271 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Okay, I get the point that we are all community, and in sort way a big family, helping each other thru quests, chatting while we fly from Raging Tides to Thousand Streams, discussing on forums... but why is there so much drama when someone is leaving. I mean, I would understand for high level gamers, or those that are very active on forum. But what about other gamers. Why so much publicity about it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A small tribute to elven mathematician from a human physicist. b:pleased

Yorkin - The Retired Wizard
Post edited by Yorkin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Because I hate you.

EDIT: seriously though, it's really a big deal when it's the "revolving door" mentality. People join just so that they can level and get to factor guilds. It pisses the established faction members off.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Okay, I get the point that we are all community, and in sort way a big family, helping each other thru quests, chatting while we fly from Raging Tides to Thousand Streams, discussing on forums... but why is there so much drama when someone is leaving. I mean, I would understand for high level gamers, or those that are very active on forum. But what about other gamers. Why so much publicity about it?

I used to do that onceb:chuckle
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle Well it really depends. Some people say goodbyes because of a real life reason or because they're quitting. Others say goodbyes to people because they were well-known before. Saying goodbyes doesn't mean its necessarily drama, its just that its a way of saying "bye" for the last time.
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle Well it really depends. Some people say goodbyes because of a real life reason or because they're quitting. Others say goodbyes to people because they were well-known before. Saying goodbyes doesn't mean its necessarily drama, its just that its a way of saying "bye" for the last time.

Yeah, pretty much this. I've had to say my goodbyes to many people who I'll probably never meet in real-life, but were still awesome companions, either in-game or on the forums. Just because they aren't right there next to you doesn't make it any less hard to say goodbye, if you were close to 'em.

b:shy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yeah, pretty much this. I've had to say my goodbyes to many people who I'll probably never meet in real-life, but were still awesome companions, either in-game or on the forums. Just because they aren't right there next to you doesn't make it any less hard to say goodbye, if you were close to 'em.

b:shy

I understand, I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    EDIT: seriously though, it's really a big deal when it's the "revolving door" mentality. People join just so that they can level and get to factor guilds. It pisses the established faction members off.

^ 10characters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i feel you. people are always saying goodbye to me and leaving me and it stirs up alot of drama bcuz it just hurts me so much b:sad
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Drama makes everything funny.
    When its not revolving around you.
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Welcome to the internet =/
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Welcome to the internet =/

Hahaha, very appropriate. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MinervaWolf - Dreamweaver
    MinervaWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Drama... its everywhere... no matter much you think you can control it, its gonna happen one way or another. So what if people leave the faction. QQ more over them? If you're attached to them, its called a friends list >.> add them? KIT? Play the game more with less emo on top. Onoz! ur leaving! i'll miss you! ='( (toodles b:bye) Wow found a new buddy to QUEST with... >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Here, with the Strana Mechty wolf, we see what may be the epitome of a warrior, cunning matched with instinct and stealth, joined with a final, terrifying attack. For this mighty creature, I name you. You are Clan Wolf." -Nicholas Kerensky
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Because after 1000th return of Anni packs and 1001st comment of "I'm leaving PWI", they finally decided to actually leave. b:avoid
    I mean, people leaving PWI? That does deserve publicity b:shocked

Kidding (kinda).