how to lvl through the 80s as non-cashshopping casual

Mrbungle - Lost City
Mrbungle - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
i did my first (and last) bh69 today and yeah...its really expensive
its about 110k everyday, which i cant afford if i want to gear myself properly too.

so is there any other way to overcome this lvl-range?
is pure grinding the only way?
Post edited by Mrbungle - Lost City on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    its about 110k everyday, which i cant afford if i want to gear myself properly too.

Are you tanking that?

If you aren't then the only reason your cost should be even slightly near 100k is if you're wasting all your coin on a 60k wine fee, stoning into the instance, then town teleporting out after the first boss, teleporting to DW because you're too lazy to fly to the pup, teleporting to Archo because you're too impatient to briefly run through the cube and then doing that all over again after the second boss dies.

Hate to say, if you aren't being economical with your money, that's your problem. That doesn't actually make any particular BH expensive. [Personally, I still wouldn't do BH69 again. Such a waste of time for a dreary instance where noobs never cease to **** up on Polearm and destroy a squad.]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Even easier, you don't actually have to finish all three BHs in the same day. All this teleporting out and stoning back in is nice if you have lots of coin and not much time, but it is not required. You can stack up one day's second BH with the next day's first and so on. After a few days, you can make one run without any real travel cost and pick up at least three BHs. I normally get credit for four or five in each run I manage to do in 79.

If you are dead set against doing more BH69, though, lots of people got through this range before there were BHs. Rebirth is a good way to get to 85. Grinding, world quest, and crazy stone are the stand-by. Of course, in one more level, crazy stone is going to start costing you over 71K each time. Really, though, that should not be much more than you make in half an hour of grinding at 8x.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Wait for those elusive tele's of "free wined bh69".

However, someone mentioned teleporting not being economical, however, people get highly impatient with those who fly back and forth without teleporting, so beyond flying to dwp and cubing from there, one incurs 2 10k fees from using the stone. I dunno how they went over 100k though even with that, wine splits for 69s BH, which I do with my barb, are 55-65k on HT. Zero if you are patient and wait for some people tele offering a free run if they get drops. b:bye
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Just farm the wines... do your bh.. have everyone pay you 55k. Not that difficult.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I've gotten through just fine doing mostly WQ and CS.

Personally, I only do CS when sparing the coin won't affect me and I only do BH when I got at least 2 BHs in the same instance.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    or dont do BH...if you level too fast without figuring out how to make money, yeah that's pretty much what's going to happen.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited March 2010
    Just farm the wines... do your bh.. have everyone pay you 55k. Not that difficult.
    b:chuckle

Or this.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    At lvl 85+, FF runs will be common. Its around 10% in the upper 80s per run if I remember correctly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You could also keep an eye out on world chat for FBs you can join.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Two words...

Rebirth Gamma.

RB gets you over 20% of your level in one run, no Hyper XP stones needed. It's what we did before BH and for some reason ever since BH the amount of RBs has declined... which is very sad. RB was and in my opinion still is the best way to level from 75-85. (Unless you have tons of coin to throw around for Hyper stones, which if you did kinda ruins the point of this thread so... yeah)
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Two words...

Rebirth Gamma.

RB gets you over 20% of your level in one run, no Hyper XP stones needed. It's what we did before BH and for some reason ever since BH the amount of RBs has declined... which is very sad. RB was and in my opinion still is the best way to level from 75-85. (Unless you have tons of coin to throw around for Hyper stones, which if you did kinda ruins the point of this thread so... yeah)

i rlly hope im wrong, but those noobs (yeah sorry, but, i cant say anything else to anyone who does this) have managed to make the barbs expect getting paid for gamma, i know of barbs that even did gamma charmleess without blessings and these want charm costs and repair costs covered by the squad... i just facepalm when i see that... so, gamma isnt as good as before
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    i rlly hope im wrong, but those noobs (yeah sorry, but, i cant say anything else to anyone who does this) have managed to make the barbs expect getting paid for gamma, i know of barbs that even did gamma charmleess without blessings and these want charm costs and repair costs covered by the squad... i just facepalm when i see that... so, gamma isnt as good as before

I hope you're wrong too, RB used to be awesome, and there's no drops other than gems but those are random anyway. The money you make from coin drops covers the repair bill AND the charm, there's no reason at all a Barb should be paid for RB.

Because of the drops RB is essentially free, and you get way more xp/spirit per RB than 3 BH's a day. I guess it can't be helped though, if these new oracle and hyper xp babies wanna do nonstop BH's let them.

(Hmm.. just had a thought, maybe there's been a decline because barely anyone in the 8x level range can play their class anymore, thanks to the Hyper xp and oracles?)
  • Mrbungle - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    some things...

110k because, 10k porting to gate, 8k back to arch...that 3 times + wine (50-60k)
    normally i would fly everything in order to save the teleport fee but at bh69 everyone is in a hurry and so they force me to port
    i only have the standard flying device so flying is just too slow for most of the ppl

i dont have the time to play all the day (just a causal player)

for rebirth: isnt a hp charm absolute essential?
    if yes, not an option for me
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Use the "O" (oh) key to access the boutique shop in game.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    some things...

110k because, 10k porting to gate, 8k back to arch...that 3 times + wine (50-60k)
    normally i would fly everything in order to save the teleport fee but at bh69 everyone is in a hurry and so they force me to port
    i only have the standard flying device so flying is just too slow for most of the ppl

It is, but as I said once you buy one RB pays for itself. Unless every RB I did I was seeing things and it actually causes you to lose 1m each run =P
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    some things...

Since you don't like the cost, I would suggest doing world quest and daily stone. That's what I did when I was in my 80's (before packs with oracles and bh's). I also lived at fish, fish is a grinding spot in Sea of Isolation which is by Boundless grasslands. If you have a grind party with you, the big pool is good, but there is also a solo pool nearby.And you don't have to worry about crashes since no one does that anymore. I think you're a Mage, so that would be really good for you since you have earth attacks (the mobs are water type). You can grind for an hour there and get decent exp and drops. Lots of dq items. When i used to grind there, I would get about 200k an hour solo which was bad, but w/e I was a hybrid back then b:surrender. But yeah..I don't know how long you play for, but max WQ, can take about 2 hours with a slow mount and getting every book, and you can turn in your daily stones for the timer before you start wq, once you get book 30, you can fly to the fish spot and grind for an hour and then when youre ready to log off, afk fly to adc and then turn in everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Mrbungle - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    ok, thanks for the tips
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2010
    I don't see who no one stacks BH's. It's so easy to do, saves all the running about AND a lot of time.

Day 1, get BHI and do it, turn it in and get BHII (DON"T DO BHII)
    Day 2, get BHI, you have BHII, go do them both. You turn in, and pick up BHII and BHIII. (DON"T DO EITHER OF THESE)
    Day 3, Get BHI, you already have BHII and BHIII now you have a complete set. one run all done. Turn in and get BHII and BHIII, rinse and repeat the next day.

yeah it can be a little more difficult if one is in another instance, but multiple sets stack as well. I believe it is possible to have 10 different BH's at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lolwut

Where are you getting your charms for so cheap, I can't ever find any cheaper than 1.2mil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited March 2010
    And the post immediately above yours explains how to eliminate that cost:

If you never turn in a BH quest the same day you picked it up, you do not need to worry about teleport costs.

Once you get started on this you will always have 3+ quests to do (sometimes you might have six of them -- I can give you a screenshot, illustrating this, if you do not understand me). So you go do them and turn them in the day after you pick them up and get another complete set of quests and you get all of this without having to teleport and without making anyone wait on you.

You probably should stone in to start, unless you know your squad will be flying. The time you save by stoning and not flying can be easily made up by grinding for the time that you would otherwise have been flying.

Oh, and you maybe should find something to be doing when you wait for everyone else to be wasting their money on unneeded teleports. That part can become quite boring.

Edit: or see post #19 in this thread.
    I've seen how it's possible to have so many BH's, however, you end up losing BH's (some 2's, some 3's) as well by having so many like this. One really shouldn't need to go these lengths to be economical when one can literally grind bh wine split cost in an hour or two, or, in a fraction of that, farm the mats for their portion of a wine split.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i always have a bh1, bh2 and bh3 on my quest list at all times.. i pay for the wine, fly there, never leave the dungeon. I stack my 69s and my 79s together, i save money, but not time.. since not many people do what i do and I am left waiting for them... however i can do stuff in RL while i wait, while they are running around for some virtual exp.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • eowyn - Sanctuary
    eowyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm sorry, but since when are the possibilities of leveling up scarce? If i remember correctly, it used to be doing quests, grind and help with an occasional FB.

Now you are lvl 80, you have so much options! There are quests, BH's, Gamma (heard it's not as good as before, dunno for sure tho) FCC and even justice quests.
    Just do your quests and grind till you got some money, buy exp stones with it and do 2 FCC runs, that will lvl you up at lvl 87!

To be honest this thread is kinda sad, be creative dammit!
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You're under level 85 so you won't receive as much benefits from doing FCC (experience gained per kill and quests) as those who are. Also because of your level, you won't be able to find a good squad that easily to finish the instance in 60-90 min or much less, unless you have very high level friends who don't mind you tagging along or to slow them down. Even if you use exp stones, its not a very economical solution.

The best way I see for you to level up to 85 as mentioned by previous posts is RB gamma. Keep in mind you don't have to complete a full gamma run to get lots of exp (which every squad expects as it seems now a days). Get together with a group of friends to gamma, none of them have to be charmed so cost won't be an issue there. With practice you're group will become experienced and can do fine without hp charms up to the last few waves (even for the exp'ed barb). But its ok if you failed to achieve a full run, you would still get plenty of exp. The coins and reward drops will be more than enough to pay for your repairs. If I recall correctly, a full gamma run is on average 2 1/2 hours with about 20% exp for your level, and close to 10% exp around the double wave. And its also more fun than a risky bh69 run :D

I recommend you save up all your quests and don't do them until you are out of gamma level (lvl 86). I remember getting from lvl 86-88 with just my quests alone that I had saved up. After that, FCC is the best way to go.

From lvl 88-90, solo grind on fishes in Sea of Isolation. They will give you 500+ exp per kill for normal mobs (non increased speed, life, def...etc) for your level. The fished north of the sea does ranged magic damage. I think but am not entirely certain that a few of the fish mobs south of the sea does melee damage. If so, then the ones to the south are best for bm.

- Good Luck
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    REALLY don't understand this 85 requirement for frost.

Ok, I get one extra pet heal, another 500hp or so on my pet and 15 stat points.
    That's really not going to change my effectiveness very much.

Ok, so I don't get a quest reward. So what? That doesn't hurt the squad any.

Bah. Cowards.

Anyway. Rebirth - did they fix the rainbow squad yet? Because the death of that was the death of my getting into rebirth ever. BH69 can just bite me and die. FB89 is a bit too slow still.

The low 80s are sloooooow for me.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    difference might be the wep if ur DD, 85+ have access to frost weps. tho since your a veno it would matter less considering you have a pet to DD.

maybe you should take up grinding, then alternate with BH when you have the coin.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    stack many bhs and when u do it then farm mats for wines
    REALLY don't understand this 85 requirement for frost.

Ok, I get one extra pet heal, another 500hp or so on my pet and 15 stat points.
    That's really not going to change my effectiveness very much.

Ok, so I don't get a quest reward. So what? That doesn't hurt the squad any.

oh god, i so understand you. my veno is lvl 83 and its ridicilous hard to get into RB squad and no1 taking me to FC because of 2 level difference
  • Kotasha - Dreamweaver
    Kotasha - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Grind for just a little bit at your level and sell all DQ items - even at NPC prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I've seen how it's possible to have so many BH's, however, you end up losing BH's (some 2's, some 3's) as well by having so many like this. One really shouldn't need to go these lengths to be economical when one can literally grind bh wine split cost in an hour or two, or, in a fraction of that, farm the mats for their portion of a wine split.

I have to kind of agree here. While I've been working on my lower level alts, I know when I grind on them, I save enough coins specifically for their BHs (saving up enough bh's to do the entire fb69 in one go) and Crazy Stones (commons suck lol). I can't be bothered with tele's for world quest as i just fly it (good thing I only do one of my alt's wq lol), and while I'm flying it, I take that time to do things in real life that may need done.

Wine costs as JanusZeal said can be ground up in about an hour or two. Being a wizzie I'm not exactly sure which you'd prefer, but I know someone mentioned Fishes at Sea of Isolation, I would imagine that with your fire shield and water attacks you could probably take on the Cragg Boulderarms in Burning Heart too and even the Ninetailed Firefoxes.

All in all, I've gotten my alt cleric from level 81-82 and now more than halfway to 83 in a relatively short time and still have been able to afford pots and repairs without having to use my veno to farm for the money. She mostly does BHs, Cs, Wq, and I go back and forth aoe grinding poison mobs with her and single targetting Craggs for the one man armies.

Only thing I'm not liking is the fact that the Justice Orders only have the butterflies for the magic mobs. The rest are all physical. :S
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Grinding rogueknights was fun the first couple of times. Yes, it's nifty that justice-quest and one-man-army coincide again, but I am now officially bored of that.

Access to frost weapons... ok, yes, upgrading AGAIN would be mildly nifty - but of course I can't get a frost weapon unless I, you know, RUN FROST A TONNE OF TIMES. Gah!

And frost has all the really interesting bosses!
  • eowyn - Sanctuary
    eowyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Its not like the frost weapons make the difference. The thins is, players need to be in the same lvl range to maximize exp. And since most ppl are over lvl 85 who do it, you should be as well.

So why wait till 85? Well, why do you not grind on mobs 10-20 lvl higher than you? Is it your attack power? Your defence? Perhaps, but more importantly, the lvl difference with the mobs. That wont allow you to do much dmg and receive much more. So higher lvl means easier run, and lvl 85 is around that point where is gets doable nicely. Ofcourse 1 player in a squad that is 84 or 83 wont make much of a difference.