Question about armor...(noob question)

nsbwing
nsbwing Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm currently using a lvl 21 assassin. However, i'm still using the steelwing armor set ( the ones you get from completing quests between lvl 14 ~17. Should i be using the steelwing set or am i behind and should be using self made armor??

thanks!!
Post edited by nsbwing on

Comments

• AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You get armour throughout lvl 21-30 then 31-40, 41-50, and so on.. if you visit your local Tailor.
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • Daedr - Heavens Tear
    Daedr - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You can use that armor also if you want to :p (it looks kinda cool)

At lvl 30 ya get rank 1 armor (body and pants) so ya could wait till that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Enliven Executor~
    In Game Names:
    Daedr - Cleric
    KittyD - Venomancer

Whisp if ya wanna have a talk :D
  • Kotasha - Dreamweaver
    Kotasha - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You can use that armor also if you want to :p (it looks kinda cool)

At lvl 30 ya get rank 1 armor (body and pants) so ya could wait till that.

^^This

By the time I reached Archosaur with my Assassin, I got new armor. It's always better if you have tailor skills and can at least go for a two star armor, but just compare with the NPC on what you have and what they have to offer.

And def, get the Rank 1 armor from the dealer in Arch (near General Summer) when you get to level 30 because that will last you well into your 40s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary
    Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    At lvl 20-30, equipment is not really an issue yet. Your armor seems fine.

Generally, equipment from lvl 20-39 are obsolete rather quickly, and you can't find good armor or deals in catshop/AH (auction house) yet. So just equip quest rewards or random drops (and identify them if they have unidentified features).

Self-made equipment is fine. But given the mats required to make the equipment, it's not necessary. If you're into the manufacturing quest, I'd suggest keeping all mats, and then using it to craft the necessary items for the next lvl of manufacturing. <-- Check pwdatabase or go to the Crafting Nook section for more.

Lvl 40+ onwards, you can consider 1) self made 2) deals from AH 3) mold equipment.

Edit: And yes, as above posters have said, rank equipment at lvl 30 is good.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Simple answer: Check the stats.
    If the piece of armour has higher defence (especially physical defence, early on the magic defence is less important) then that's the armour you want to use.

If it's only a small difference, then you also want to check the magical bonuses on any random piece. A couple of +vit or +hp (let alone something lovely like increased regen or runspeed) can outweigh the advantages of a little bit more defence.
    That's a tradeoff you'll have to decide on for yourself though.