Target of target

Options
ciucciamicincincima
ciucciamicincincima Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Suggestion Box
Hi all, i only want give you some suggestions.
Afther all tks for using my suggestion to select target with tab key.
Now why dont use Target of target options?
One of my character is cleric and when i heal tank i never can see what appened to a boss.
Same appened to a veno when she had to heal other veno pet or when she give spark to tank.
Target of target options can display with a small icon under the primary target, what appened to the target of target.
Thanks for reading.
Post edited by ciucciamicincincima on

Comments

• Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well, as a cleric your primary job is to keep the squad alive, instead of fighting the boss as well. A simple 'how's the boss coming?' in squad chat can do just as well.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mentaz - Sanctuary
    Mentaz - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well, as a cleric your primary job is to keep the squad alive, instead of fighting the boss as well. A simple 'how's the boss coming?' in squad chat can do just as well.
    It doesn't sound like the OP is asking for the ability to attack - just some info. Yes, you can ask in squad chat ... but that takes time to ask and time for someone to reply - time away from what they're supposed to be doing.

But even though the OP wasn't talking about attacking, I think having skills go against your target's target could be an interesting option ... so:

1) If a squad-mate is selected, and you use an attack skill, it goes against their target (if they have no target, can't use skill)
    2) If a mob is selected, and you use a heal/buff skill, it goes against their target (if it has no target, skill goes on yourself)

So what would be the benefit of that? For a Cleric, no you really shouldn't be attacking (at least on a boss fight), but it could still help - instead of selecting the tank, select the boss. Then just start casting Ironheart ... generally, the boss's target will be the tank, so works the same as before. BUT - if someone else grabs aggro, boss's target changes, and immediately your heals are going on that person! Then when tank grabs aggro back, boss's target changes, and your heals switch back to the tank again.

As a Veno healing someone else's pet, you'd still be able to attack. For that matter, you should be able to have your own pet out as well, select the boss, and have your pet heals automatically go against whichever pet the boss is attacking (of course if the boss goes aggro on a player, your pet heals would go against your own pet)
  • zciulany
    zciulany Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    10 characters
  • ciucciamicincincima
    ciucciamicincincima Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Tks for ur attention.
    Target of target mean u can only see, in a small icon under your target, Boss/Mob picture and hes hp/mp.
    You cant use any attack skill against target of target, becouse ur primary target normally is your party member.
    Why, if i'm a cleric, i cant know how much hp is left to kill boss or mob?
    Why i cant know if i have to use another mp pots or stop to heal tank and do DD to help give last shot to a Boss?
    Same if i'm a veno healing other veno pet (in this case the pet i'm healing is my primary target).
    Have u never try to do this? If u loose other veno pet as your target to see how much life boss have, u have to select again with the mouse other veno pet, to continue heal him and that is not simple when u got 4 or 5 ppl around the boss.
    I'm not new about mmorph, i'have played about 4 years WOW (World Of ********) where target of target is a normal and very helpfull option.
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    stuff....

So what would be the benefit of that? For a Cleric, no you really shouldn't be attacking (at least on a boss fight), but it could still help - instead of selecting the tank, select the boss. Then just start casting Ironheart ... generally, the boss's target will be the tank, so works the same as before. BUT - if someone else grabs aggro, boss's target changes, and immediately your heals are going on that person! Then when tank grabs aggro back, boss's target changes, and your heals switch back to the tank again.

.... stuff

I do think it's helpful for clerics to know how much hp a mob/boss has left and wish we could see just that information.

However, the suggestion above.... no thank you. This is all part of being a good cleric and part of the risk involved in playing PWI. I don't want autoswitches for my skills... they then aren't skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • Mentaz - Sanctuary
    Mentaz - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    However, the suggestion above.... no thank you. This is all part of being a good cleric and part of the risk involved in playing PWI. I don't want autoswitches for my skills... they then aren't skills.
    Problem is the risk is to the DD's, not you b:laugh but anyway, it was just a thought - I'd certainly agree just displaying the target of target info is more important.
  • Kuroi_Sin - Dreamweaver
    Kuroi_Sin - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

This

+1
    Kuroi_Sin
    The Holy Black Assassin
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    not necesarry
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    not necesarry

I absolutely DISAGREE. I agree with the OP and others who agree that Target of Target option would be very helpful to All of the team. The cleric could see if the boss has changed to another party member so they could be faster in anticipated heals, DD can see if they are pulling too much aggro as they would see the boss change target to them before seeing their health begin to go down, Tank could see if the boss is looking to another member and who so they would KNOW who is pulling and if two people attack the same mob as happens often... both people could see who gained the attention first.

While not an item of NEED, this would be a Def. benefit too app parties in PWI. I do not think it should be something standard but as optional for those of us who have experience with it in other games or enjoy the option. To those who dont think its needed: The option would be there for those people to NOT use it.

I am shocked as old as this game is that the option has not been added. Thats like a car with out a radio or a kitchen with out a microwave.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    what level is your cleric?

generally speaking, with a decent build - just set BB and target the boss. your tank should be able to survive with this method, and many clerics I know will prefer to just BB on longer boss fights such as in TT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..