100 vit?!

Options
Ryliee - Lost City
Ryliee - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Cleric
I know there's another thread about topping vit atm, but I think my topic is a little bit different :).
I read a few threads recently on vit, your usual wtf u dont need vit shut up u do u noob kind of thread. Most of the clerics supported a high amount of base vit, around 100.
that is a lot.
I know that you need vit/hp/def to survive being support in PvP/tw/bosses/instance, so would 100 vit be enough to stay alive? I don't have a lot of money atm (this lvl 1 icon isn't my cleric i'm using) so my equip is average.
I'm lvl 69 almost 70, around what lvl will i need to get that 100vit and 2k pdef?
thanks for any replies :)

oh and plz don't make this another vit sucks put more mag thread =___='''there's enough out there lol i just want advice thanks. i appreciate this b:laugh
Post edited by Ryliee - Lost City on

Comments

• NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hai ^^ eumhh not sure at what lvl ya be needing it yet but i think 100vit is enough to survive most of things im cleric 82 and have 127 vit xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Jette - Lost City
    Jette - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I capped my vit that I put in at 50 so far, I am not in need of another 500 hp that bad
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I only have 20 vit and I do PK/TW all the time b:quiet

I'd imagine that you could stave off putting a full 100 in till 8x if you really wanted to get that much. In fact, with decently refined/sharded gear, you can shave off some of that extra vit anyway and get to your goal earlier. I hope that answered your question.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Ryliee - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Oh ok thanks :) I guess vit depends on the person and how long/well they want to survive lol

How badly will my attack/heals decrease if I have more vit than 50?
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if u have 100mag and u take 50 points and add to vit then you will reduce ur healing power by 1/4

if u have 200mag and u take 50 then - by 17%

if u had 300 then - by 13%

if 400 then - by 10%

since base magic attack =
    (1+(MAG/100))*(level+equipment magic attack)

attacks? ehh.. every has other formula
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Ryliee - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    That doesn't seem that bad at the moment, my cleric has around 200+, so maybe the healing power won't be decreased that badly, but it would probably mess it up in higher lvl stuff o--o
  • Ivelliose - Harshlands
    Ivelliose - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LIGHT ARMOR SPEC GO!

...I'm going to have 5 base vit forever b:embarrass
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This is the max I would go but all depends on how high I can get my mag. up to.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Myrtle - Raging Tide
    Myrtle - Raging Tide Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i got 100 vit lv 76 and if i wear npc armor and wth barb buff i got 3.4k hpb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Each time the sun goes down,
    I remember that somewhere near,
    It's spreding its first morning sunshines.
    b:shy
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I know there's another thread about topping vit atm, but I think my topic is a little bit different :).
    I read a few threads recently on vit, your usual wtf u dont need vit shut up u do u noob kind of thread. Most of the clerics supported a high amount of base vit, around 100.
    that is a lot.
    I know that you need vit/hp/def to survive being support in PvP/tw/bosses/instance, so would 100 vit be enough to stay alive? I don't have a lot of money atm (this lvl 1 icon isn't my cleric i'm using) so my equip is average.
    I'm lvl 69 almost 70, around what lvl will i need to get that 100vit and 2k pdef?

oh and plz don't make this another vit sucks put more mag thread =___='''there's enough out there lol i just want advice thanks. i appreciate this b:laugh
    i remember rose, our retired forum poster LC 101 cleric still had that 100vit from stats + left over vit from gear, at lv101. Meaning im assuming you dont need to RUSH that 100 vit so add as you go would probably be the better option. when you are higher lvl youll have more chances and areas that you can farm for. If your getting pked 24/7 then maybe you should add it. If your more grinding, then you do need the MAG. At your current stage in cleric life what do you do most and add accordingly to that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Benign - Heavens Tear
    Benign - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i got 100 vit lv 76 and if i wear npc armor and wth barb buff i got 3.4k hpb:laugh

My cleric is lvl 75 and got 30 vit, with all my gears got multiple +hp add ons and barb buff, I got about 3.5k hp.

My gears are not top notch by far and got them fairly cheap. So I guess there is my reason for not adding so much vit.
  • Jahailad - Lost City
    Jahailad - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    at lvl 80 i had 110 vit white and every peice of gear i had added atleast 100 hp
    so i had like 5k hp buffed
    atm i have 115 white vit and 6.8k hp buffed
    only 2 peices of HH90 gear lol
    still using all of my lvl 7x 3* gear with hp adds
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    that is a lot.

100 vit might be, but it also depends on your refines/shards and your overall HP.

Having fewer HP while doing instances like 2-3 (Belial), FB89 Brim, or especially FB99 (Abaddon in particular) is a bad idea and puts yourself, and thus the squad, at risk, because you are in all likelihood going to take painful hits (no real way to avoid these in most cases). A high vit AA cleric (especially a sage cleric) will have no problem with heals and attacks. My cleric has a little over 5K HP unbuffed (6300-6700 buffed, depending on which weapon I use [Blade of the Red Dust vs. Wraith Conquerer] and level 10 vs sage barb HP buff) and surviving these instances has been far greater thanks to gradually putting a lot more vit starting in my 70s/80s. I would say also shoot for more than 2K pdef when you hit your 90s. While having a lot of channeling gear is a plus for when you're not getting beat upon by physical damage, having a backup set of protection ornaments (especially SDP) is highly encouraged when you find yourself stuck in BB for physical dmg bosses and don't need the channeling. I've let low HP clerics use my physical defense stuff when they kept eating it on Belial in 2-3 to make the run a lot less miserable.
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Personnaly i keep the value of my vit equal to my level; e.g: you are lvl 90 = 90vit, lvl 100= 100vit etc.

I have to say i didn t build my char this way, on the early lvl i put only in stats required to wear armor at my lvl and the rest in mag and vit.
    For now i keep going vit=lvl and it s kinda good i get the extra hp from shard/gear bonus and refine and it s a lot enough even for pk. So with this system your base vit (without any bonus)
    should be 100 at lvl 100.

b:bye
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well i am odd wish i love 2 we.

i have hp unbuffed 3019 buffed 3800 or 3900 havent looked.
    now that would we normal but i have 2909 phys deff unbuffed
    4300 selfbuffed. mag deff 6k buffed
    225mag i think havent locked 110str 5dex vit arund 60 havent checked.
    my real priority isnt hp but deff cos my mag is good my deff isnt.

b:cry want more DEFF b:angry moooore
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ooooh i aint sure how high my deff is with bm buff but i think arund 5,5k
    its low i knew sux b:cryb:cry
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i remember rose, our retired forum poster LC 101 cleric still had that 100vit from stats + left over vit from gear, at lv101. Meaning im assuming you dont need to RUSH that 100 vit so add as you go would probably be the better option. when you are higher lvl youll have more chances and areas that you can farm for. If your getting pked 24/7 then maybe you should add it. If your more grinding, then you do need the MAG. At your current stage in cleric life what do you do most and add accordingly to that.

For you Deceptistar -->

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=159c6447a4d8a9be

PS --> the above build was 50 base vit until level 100 b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nieka - Harshlands
    Nieka - Harshlands Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Putting Vit. on a cleric to me is pointless. although you may have a low hp in the lower lvl's once you get in the higher tear of the lvl's and refine your gear you should have enough hp where you should not have to put anyting on vit. when i put my 90 armor on ill have over 4.5k hp and will have an extremely high mag att.

so i say go full mag and shard and refine your gear.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well i am odd wish i love 2 we.

i have hp unbuffed 3019 buffed 3800 or 3900 havent looked.
    now that would we normal but i have 2909 phys deff unbuffed
    4300 selfbuffed. mag deff 6k buffed
    225mag i think havent locked 110str 5dex vit arund 60 havent checked.
    my real priority isnt hp but deff cos my mag is good my deff isnt.

b:cry want more DEFF b:angry moooore

Whoa thar. Your str is like WAY to high. You need erm... *scraches head* 50 something to wear endgame gear. For your 70s 30-40 str should be more than enough.
    b:dirty
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nope i am tank cleric also hp helmet have best phys deff boost why i need or want.
    i dont like pure build and die 1 or 2 shoot and vit on cleric gve 2 little hp so str helmet bost hp and deff. my helmet give me close to 400 hp and 200 deffb:laugh
  • Handmaiden - Dreamweaver
    Handmaiden - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think 100 vit may be overkill.
    At 82 I've just broken 4k unbuffed, I am not heavily refined or sharded either, and I have exactly 70 base vit.
    I think 50-80 may be a good range for vit, though I wont be more precise, because it mainly depends on your play-style.
    If you plan on doing Gammas on your cleric, you should aim for about 3k unbuffed HP by 70/75, for security on the last boss. He one-hits pure clerics(unless they have uber gears with high refinement).

PinkSuccubuS - With the right shards and minimal refinement, you can have that HP unbuffed at 80 or so, without using an HP helm. Clerics should always use arcane helms. No if's, and's or but's. You should not be getting hit in instances, since the barb will be tanking, so pdef shouldn't matter.
    Relent - 8x HA Veno
    Handmaiden - 9x Cleric
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    At 82 I've just broken 4k unbuffed, I am not heavily refined or sharded either, and I have exactly 70 base vit.
    I think 50-80 may be a good range for vit, though I wont be more precise, because it mainly depends on your play-style.
    If you plan on doing Gammas on your cleric, you should aim for about 3k unbuffed HP by 70/75, for security on the last boss. He one-hits pure clerics(unless they have uber gears with high refinement).

PinkSuccubuS - With the right shards and minimal refinement, you can have that HP unbuffed at 80 or so, without using an HP helm. Clerics should always use arcane helms. No if's, and's or but's. You should not be getting hit in instances, since the barb will be tanking, so pdef shouldn't matter.

uhh. . . you don't get hit in instances? tell me how you do this b:angry
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

my cleric has over 160 vits base(not counting bonus from gears)

and wut dont get hit in instance?...
    try belial, 3-3 last boss, even 1-1 you could get hit
    and all bosses in fb99s(both hell/heaven) are aoe.
    btw im not saying anything about what helm you should use.. just what you said "cleric should not be getting hit in instances"
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    did those instances with 4k hp (no barb D: ) tho i didnt feel very comfortable then rofl

anyway, vit is handy - it can save ur butt a lot, and some bosses just require you to have some minimum amount of hp/ p.def to survive

and for pvp: never enough hp/def/mag
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

WOW, next time lets go nakkid except with weapon since we dont get hit lol b:chuckle

good lord what did u do, lv up only by oracles and hyper exp? As along as the stats are good and its within wearing range you can wear whatever helms u want not just limited to arcane. The part i highlighted in red is SO absurd im half wondering if your stupidly serious or a troll trying to teach **** to newbies. Ima replace one of my sig quotes for yours. its epic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You should not be getting hit in instances, since the barb will be tanking, so pdef shouldn't matter.

i totally missed the pdef doesnt matter b:laugh
    so you're saying okay even if you go gearless(beside wep) you'll be fine without dying.
  • Handmaiden - Dreamweaver
    Handmaiden - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    uhh. . . you don't get hit in instances? tell me how you do this b:angry

I married a SMART barb.
    b:victory

EDIT: It pays to not heal before the barb reams. :3
    EDITEDIT: >_> didnt notice the Belial remark.
    Yeah in those situations pdef would be nice, but I'd honestly prefer HP over pdef alone.
    x.o
    Relent - 8x HA Veno
    Handmaiden - 9x Cleric
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Personally I just shard. A lot.

That and I troll the AH for +vit and +hp gear.

Currently my gear gives me +700 hp total (+vit included).
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Also- I've been drooling over the scroll of tome since the first anni packs. +45 VIT tome is the sexiest gear this game has.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Nieka - Harshlands
    Nieka - Harshlands Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Handmaiden - Dreamweaver

WOW, next time lets go nakkid except with weapon since we dont get hit lol

good lord what did u do, lv up only by oracles and hyper exp? As along as the stats are good and its within wearing range you can wear whatever helms u want not just limited to arcane. The part i highlighted in red is SO absurd im half wondering if your stupidly serious or a troll trying to teach **** to newbies. Ima replace one of my sig quotes for yours. its epic.

I agree what he said is against my religion and he should never get to play a cleric again. just a note here if your healing the person who is attacking your the next target the aggro falls on you if they die. and you will always get hit. ive had a lvl100 barb tanking and ive still gotten hit in instances