What was PVP like before safety lock ?

Sekhmett - Harshlands
Sekhmett - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
As I understand it the safety lock feature is a relatively new addition, new in how it applies to PVP, but as a new player I am curious to know how PVP was before this ? I suspect that you had very few red names running around and of those that were, probably were either naked or had vendor trash equipment, banking their good equipment.
Post edited by Sekhmett - Harshlands on

Comments

• Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    pvp was better. players who used bind charms didnt even need to touch dolls. btw the lock thing came with the shattering thing. when the safety lock/shattering came out i lost all will to continue RPKing.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Jakob - Harshlands
    Jakob - Harshlands Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There was actually a lot of red names still. They just cash shopped and bought the dolls (now they're in the boutique as scrolls, they actually used to look like little action figures) but yea.. I don't even bother trying to kill red names for drops anymore because 9/10 won't drop because of safety lock anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Guardian Angels didn't cost so much as they do now.. I remember when I got them for 30k-40k~
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    As I understand it the safety lock feature is a relatively new addition, new in how it applies to PVP, but as a new player I am curious to know how PVP was before this ? I suspect that you had very few red names running around and of those that were, probably were either naked or had vendor trash equipment, banking their good equipment.

pvp did lose a lot of it's fun when they introduced that feature. People are lying if they tell you they pk for the fun, not the drops. As much fun as pvp is and can be, there isn't too many things more fun then seeing someone drop some crazy item b:pleased
  • AngelicArrow - Harshlands
    AngelicArrow - Harshlands Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I actually kinda like it. The drops are less, but now many more people can go pk since it doesnt require dolls.
    edited March 2010
    10 chars...
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
    edited March 2010
    pvp did lose a lot of it's fun when they introduced that feature. People are lying if they tell you they pk for the fun, not the drops. As much fun as pvp is and can be, there isn't too many things more fun then seeing someone drop some crazy item b:pleased

speak for yourself. i used to pk purely for the fun of it. drops were nothing for me being that i never got them.
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    speak for yourself. i used to pk purely for the fun of it. drops were nothing for me being that i never got them.

b:cry I miss our black man flying around with a slingshot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Boojangles - Lost City
    Boojangles - Lost City Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    PVP is too safe now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    What was PVP like before safety lock ?

->worth to pvp

they should change safety lock so you DON'T actually WANT IT to be active while pvping...
    reducing the damage dealt by a pervcentage...
    infamous time should freeze while safety lock is activ...
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited March 2010

I never ever pked for drops, ever! The only reason im bothered going out there for pk is just for the fun of seeing another player die (aka I do it for fun).
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • KmC_bOi - Heavens Tear
    KmC_bOi - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i like PK even with noobs using Safety lock coz its funy to see there gear shatter :D
    RIP Enrage, No One Will Miss You <3b:victory
    edited March 2010
    b:cry I miss our black man flying around with a slingshot

omg your lvl 100 now O_o gratz
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lets make a petition! REMOVE THE SAFETY LOCK!
  • Axels - Harshlands
    Axels - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lets make a petition! REMOVE THE SAFETY LOCK!

then there will be less Pvp =P everybody likes to keep there stuff... only reason some pvp at all now is cause of SL
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited March 2010
    You're playing the wrong game if you're into hardcore pvping.
  • Naturesdoom - Heavens Tear
    Naturesdoom - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    wut is shattering ?
  • AngelicArrow - Harshlands
    AngelicArrow - Harshlands Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    wut is shattering ?

When your gear breaks because of you having the lock on. It is only a small chance even if you are red. You gear becomes unusable and chi stones or mirage drop from your corpse.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You remove safety lock and there will simply be less people participating in PvP, and to be honest, I never saw that many PK drops before it was implemented, not anything of value at least.

In fact I think I've gotten more drops since they added it. A lot of people who use it end up not noticing it when the timer runs out. Before a lot of people just went full bound and never dropped anything.

My current weapon right now was a PK drop. +3 calamities with 2 flawless shards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited March 2010
    You remove safety lock and there will simply be less people participating in PvP, and to be honest, I never saw that many PK drops before it was implemented, not anything of value at least.

In fact I think I've gotten more drops since they added it. A lot of people who use it end up not noticing it when the timer runs out. Before a lot of people just went full bound and never dropped anything.

My current weapon right now was a PK drop. +3 calamities with 2 flawless shards.

your sig is epicness :o
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    then there will be less Pvp =P everybody likes to keep there stuff... only reason some pvp at all now is cause of SL

it's a pvp server. things are meant to drop.
    edited March 2010
    it's a pvp server. things are meant to drop.
    are you saying that because its a pvp server we are SUPPOSED to drop our stuff? wow thats a suprise. i thought pvp server just meant that we have the ability ro randomly pk.