Yeah, Astoru wants equip advice.

Options
Astoru - Heavens Tear
Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Wizard
As a non-cash shopper, it's taken me a while to get my TT90 set. Now that I've gotten to this point, I'm not really sure what I should be prioritizing next; I get the general gist of what I should ultimately shoot for, but I'm looking more towards short term goals.

This is what I've got so far.
http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a367b8f121a0c133

Yeah yeah, I got a lot of vit. I like having a good amount of HP, and my damage isn't taking that too horrible of a hit because of it. I plan to stat it out completely once I reach 5k HP WITH all the vit.
●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Astoru - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• evilramen
    evilramen Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    first i would consider getting the tt90 wrist, gold or green doesn't matter, but i like the extra pdef from gold but it also cost more >.> second, get the wing trophy, then work on a better helm. the mod on ur current one is nice, but its grade hinder its refine bonus and sharding option. and take advantage of the dragon orb sale now and refine ur stuff to 4 (+5 if you can), cuz +2 is SOOO lvl 80 if not 70....
    above are my 2cent, hope it helps
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    evilramen wrote: »
    first i would consider getting the tt90 wrist, gold or green doesn't matter, but i like the extra pdef from gold but it also cost more >.> second, get the wing trophy, then work on a better helm. the mod on ur current one is nice, but its grade hinder its refine bonus and sharding option. and take advantage of the dragon orb sale now and refine ur stuff to 4 (+5 if you can), cuz +2 is SOOO lvl 80 if not 70....
    above are my 2cent, hope it helps
    Yeah, I'm working on getting the refines on my TT90 up. Remember I'm not a cash shopper, so I don't have an unlimited amount of coin to work with b:surrender

I wasn't bothering with the TT90 wrists since the sleeves of sea captain give the -6% channeling, and socketing it to 4 sockets is pretty cheap. I plan to do so in the near future, then get TT90 sleeves just for the souledge to get TT99 gold.

I've never bothered getting rid of that helmet since it was just so much better than everything at the time, and having a hard time finding a cheap *temporary* replacement for it.

I need packs to come back so I can get a wing trophy b:cry

Side note: I'm surprised that the first post wasn't someone harping at me for my vit.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evilramen
    evilramen Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dont worry about vit, altho it is a little bit much. (50 is max imo)
    pumping vit is one of the way to get more HP to survive if you are not rich.
    beside i always believe people should play however fits them or work best for them.
  • Mongol - Harshlands
    Mongol - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Keep up to date with your OHT culti line, you can get a pretty decent belt at 90, and the best at 95.

The OHT wrists can come out with some pretty good adds, I've made one or two with -channel but usually they have +endurance/accuracy or some ****. Potentially they're better than the sea captain sleeves, but you're right, captain sleeves are cheap to socket and if you don't plan high refines then the grade won't come into effect.

Otherwise I'd look at new rings, either check AH for some 88 rings or wait til 94 for a good pair of Dream of Reality. Most of that +matck can be made up with a higher grade ring letting you get +HP/vit/magic/crit.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Keep up to date with your OHT culti line, you can get a pretty decent belt at 90, and the best at 95.

The OHT wrists can come out with some pretty good adds, I've made one or two with -channel but usually they have +endurance/accuracy or some ****. Potentially they're better than the sea captain sleeves, but you're right, captain sleeves are cheap to socket and if you don't plan high refines then the grade won't come into effect.

Otherwise I'd look at new rings, either check AH for some 88 rings or wait til 94 for a good pair of Dream of Reality. Most of that +matck can be made up with a higher grade ring letting you get +HP/vit/magic/crit.
    I was planning on using these rings until I could get some of those lunar ones with all the amazing stats that they have. Unfortunately, that won't be really feasible until some kind of pack comes around again b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'll have a search through my storage alts for some 88 rings and see what I can find, I made a **** load when I hit 88 and have been meaning to sell some off but never got around to it, that was about a year ago o.O
    I like pie
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'll have a search through my storage alts for some 88 rings and see what I can find, I made a **** load when I hit 88 and have been meaning to sell some off but never got around to it, that was about a year ago o.O
    I'll take some if they got some nice adds to it :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Most are meh, 1 star with single adds, either mag or vit. Don't know why I didn't just NPC them all lol.

Best is probably 2 star 78 matck +14 mactk +4 vit
    then a 1 star 68 matck +5 vit +4 mag
    and a 1 star, 68 matck +1 crit
    also have a +80 HP ring somewhere too
    Nothing to write home about really but let me know if you're interested.
    I like pie
  • Maestro - Raging Tide
    Maestro - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If time isn't a factor for you, you could gain those attendance rings which are some pretty nice rings also. If you want to get your refines up relatively cheap also, use Tienkang Stones instead of dragon orbs. I have gotten gear to +4 for under a mil that way, that could greatly help your hp and pdef if you do that to multiple pieces of gear.

Also, I don't know if you are able to or if you like the crit tome, but you could also gain some vit/damage through that too.
  • /Krue - Heavens Tear34
    /Krue - Heavens Tear34 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If time isn't a factor for you, you could gain those attendance rings which are some pretty nice rings also. If you want to get your refines up relatively cheap also, use Tienkang Stones instead of dragon orbs. I have gotten gear to +4 for under a mil that way, that could greatly help your hp and pdef if you do that to multiple pieces of gear.

Those stones got my stepenwolf cape (can't wait till 77 for it b:dirty) to +5 from being only +2 on the first try.

I recommend them to anyone on a budget trying to up their gear!
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    whats so great about a steppenwolf cape...i seen 3 stars in AH much cheaper with better mods.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • /Krue - Heavens Tear34
    edited March 2010
    Options
    whats so great about a steppenwolf cape...i seen 3 stars in AH much cheaper with better mods.

Because it is 4 sockets, filled with flawless citrines. And when i only payed 1.4m for it, i was quiet pleased.
  • Maestro - Raging Tide
    Maestro - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

He's referring to the use of the stones I suggested in my original post, they are quite effective at getting gear refined to +4 or +5 and are much cheaper than buying the dragon orbs outright if you have luck half as bad as mine even. The Steppenwolf cape is meh, but the +5 for 90 silver and 3 mirages saves a good bit :p.

4 socket flawless citrine aint bad for 1.4m either I guess xD
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Because it is 4 sockets, filled with flawless citrines. And when i only payed 1.4m for it, i was quiet pleased.

i used a 80 3 star cape with +80 Hp x2 and +94 pdef that was 3 sockets(4 socketed it later) for 200k.

It was a decent deal, but you can get so much better for so much less.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • /Krue - Heavens Tear34
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i used a 80 3 star cape with +80 Hp x2 and +94 pdef that was 3 sockets(4 socketed it later) for 200k.

Sttepenworlf cape is a level 77 legendary ROBE TOP
    b:bye
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

No you cant. I camped the auctioneer for 3+ months in sanctuary. No robes/capes near those stats and near that price.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sttepenworlf cape is a level 77 legendary ROBE TOP
    b:bye

i meant robe x.X
    stepp cape confoosed me :O

@Lloyd ya you can. Im selling lvl 86 3 star boots +5 vit, +94 pdef, +5 mag 2 sockets with 2 beautiful garnets for 400k.

Those things dont have a definite value since they dont use mats or chips so they tend to be cheaper than other things.

Another example,
    my friend found OHT sleeves all resists +105 Hp x3 and 1 socket for 200k.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hook me up with those deals on Sanctuary. Then again, I already have full 4x immac 9x gear. now.

I would still love this "i used a 80 3 star cape with +80 Hp x2 and +94 pdef that was 3 sockets(4 socketed it later) for 200k." Friggen crazy **** deal right here.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I got my OHT sleeves with PDef +94 x2 4 freakin sockets for 150k :)

the price was as nice as the 2% crit magic 88 ring for 200k I ninja'ed :3
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hook me up with those deals on Sanctuary. Then again, I already have full 4x immac 9x gear. now.

I would still love this "i used a 80 3 star cape with +80 Hp x2 and +94 pdef that was 3 sockets(4 socketed it later) for 200k." Friggen crazy **** deal right here.

it was a robe my bad, but ya you can get nice deals for some things

a few days ago in AH there was a +5 heaven shatterer +5 with garnet gem for 6mil

b:chucklecome to dreamweaver!!!!
  • Hampton - Raging Tide
    Hampton - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ZOMG!! Astoru needs equipment advice?......Hi Astorub:thanksb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Can people in this world be so less serious?
    "What you do in life echoes an eternity" Maximus Gladiator 2000 b:pleased
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ZOMG!! Astoru needs equipment advice?......Hi Astorub:thanksb:bye
    This a little different than the private server where getting full TT99 is an easy task b:bye

I'm looking for realistic goals
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hampton - Raging Tide
    Hampton - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You must play there a lot because everytime I pm you, your "there" just not present on heavens tear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Can people in this world be so less serious?
    "What you do in life echoes an eternity" Maximus Gladiator 2000 b:pleased
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You must play there a lot because everytime I pm you, your "there" just not present on heavens tear.
    Actually, I've stopped playing there completely.

Maybe you just PM me at bad times? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]