How do I activate account stash?
Post edited by Ryukio - Harshlands on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    How do I activate account stash?

DOH! Ignore that.

You talk to... the boutique lady, I think. It says in the mouseover text.
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The basic one, where you can put just coin into it, doesnt need activation. The expanded one, which requires an Acount Stash Stone, i believe uses one of the NPCs near the banker, the one who handles the various inventory stones. (cant remember the name off the top of my head, atm xD) Hope this helps ^_^
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    1) Buy account stash stone
    2) Talk to PWI Boutique Agent (quest to activate account stash doesn't appear until you have the stone, and no, it isn't the inventory master like Dosinn implies)
    3) Account stash is now activated (for all characters on that account, 16 spaces non-expandable.) Go see the banker to use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    _Garra_ - Harshlands Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    What is the Account Stash for? .. wat do u use it for?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It's used for transferring items between characters on the same account without using the post box/trading with other trusted people/dropping stuff in an isolated location and picking the stuff up with the other character.

Some stuff (certain untradeable items and bound items) can only be traded this way, other stuff can not be traded even with this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    _Garra_ - Harshlands Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    oh ok.. sounds like a waste of money to me. id rather just use Post box b:victory
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    oh ok.. sounds like a waste of money to me. id rather just use Post box b:victory

The instant transfer (and the ability to transfer items that you normally couldn't) completely changes how I use the bank.

But yes - it's expensive. For just occasional use, the post box is a fine substitute.
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Me, i just use the basic account stash as a coin bank any of my chars can get at. But yah, the expanded account allows you transfer ANY item between chars, so long as that item doesnt say "Unable to be put into Account Stash" on it somewhere. Expensive, but usefull.
  • Mentaz - Sanctuary
    Mentaz - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If you're just looking at it as a substitute for the mail, then yah - it's expensive ... at current Gold prices, you're looking at about 10,000 message before you break even ...

However, I also see it as a subsititute for bank/inventory expansion. Think about it - first four slots in my account stash are celestone framents - that's basically equivalent to 1/2 a bank extension stone for every character right there (since that's where they used to be stored). And being able to easily pool mats frees up even more space (I don't keep those in the stash, just use it to pool it to one character).

Yes, you could get the same affect with messages - but are you really going to mail every celestone as you get them? And same with mats? If you do, you'll likely hit that 10,000 threshold before long anyway - and if not, you're not saving the space.

It also depends a lot of course on how many characters you play ... personally, I have 7 ...
  • gazabeast
    gazabeast Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    my PWI acount is not saving dater
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    gazabeast wrote: »
    my PWI acount is not saving dater
    First, I don't understand your question, so I can't answer it.

Second, new questions should be asked in new threads. Hijacking old dead threads to ask new questions is a major no-no here. Please read the "PWI Community Forums: Rules of Conduct v1.0 - read meh!" thread.

Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
This discussion has been closed.