Which class to choose?

Options
xxnouchexx
xxnouchexx Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Well I'm not sure if I should rly open a new topic (I just askes which server to choose), but It's nothing about the server now ^^v

I decided to choose the dreamwaver server first, because I suck at PvP (I'm too slow and too lazy for that xD) and with being new and all.

Wel now I have to choose a class and I just don't know what's fitting for me. In ether saga I play a shaman (I believe some ppl call these kind of classes clankers) and a mystik (cleryc in PWI). As long as I play solo I don't even try to kite (not even with a mage or archer xD) and prefer to spamm myself with healing skills, or pots. In parties I like to fight in the back row and focus on supporting the other or use ranged spells...so what was...ahm....suiting or matching or fitting for me? 0.0
Post edited by xxnouchexx on

Comments

• Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Based on what you said, sounds like either a wizard, cleric, psychic, archer, or venomancer would be right up your alley. Personally, id go with venomancer if i were you. The Veno uses a pet to deal with physical dmg, and just sits back hammering away on the mob with spells and healing their pet. Once you hit the mid 30s or so, you get a series of skills that means youre pretty much self-sufficent when it comes to mp and hp. Venomancer is also the cheapest class to play, coin wise. Your repair costs are VERY low, and after the mid 30s, you dont even really need many hp/mp items. You also dont have that much in the way of skills that you absolutely have to have, so coin and spirit costs arent much of an issue either. Just make sure you keep your pet alive, and youll do fine as a veno.

The psychic is a good 2nd choice, as its a VERY strong hitter right off the bat, and most mobs are dead before they even reach you. It is however, a class which goes through mp items VERY quickly. Same thing as with the veno, there arent many skills you need, so skill costs wont be all that high either. Wizard, cleric, and archer, id avoid for now, as they arent all that friendly to new players (the cleric kinda is, but its extremely squishy, and at lower levels, you focus on either healing or attacking). You can try those classes out once youve played for a while (2-3 weeks) and have learned the basic mechanics of PWI.

Also for consideration, are the blademasters (BMs), barbarians (barbs), and assassins (sins). BMs and Barbs are both very strong melee classes, and fun to play. BMs are usually charged with keeping the others in the squad alive by keeping groups of mobs under control, and Barbs are the tanks of PWI. Very high hp, and they have a lot of skills designed to keep the mobs focused on you. Sins are relatively new (as are psychics), and are also melee atkers. However, they arent as strong as BMs or barbs in the defense area. Sins are more hit and run fighters, but they do have some nice debuffs they can use on mobs and bosses.

Well, i hope this wall o' text helps some, and Welcome to PWI!!!
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wizard sounds about right for you. Just be forewarned, wizard is an end-game class.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If you like supporting and using ranged spells, go Cleric ^^ They have several powerful skills that make them decent soloers and many healing / buff skills, if you want to support your friends. Good luck b:victory
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Agree with posters above. Venomancer is an easy class to learn/play. Cleric is pretty nice aswell although it gets expensive later on and they have a big problem with MP drain especially whilst questing alone. Suggest you go on Class Discussion part of forum and read some of the stickied threads for classes you're interested in playing. Have fun, welcome to the game and forums. :)
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    its like dude, just pick a class. something that you like. something that appeals to you. who cares what we say
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Ivelliose - Harshlands
    Ivelliose - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Cleric.

We all need 'em, most of us don't want to be 'em. You'll never go groupless or guildless.
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    its like dude, just pick a class. something that you like. something that appeals to you. who cares what we say

He was asking our opinions as to what sounded like a good class for him, based on the info he gave us. It makes sense for him to do this, rather than just picking a class, end up hating the game, and never playing again.
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    _Garra_ - Harshlands Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sins are sick..
  • Delmarte - Lost City
    Delmarte - Lost City Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think you should be a Venomancer.

It sounds like you wanna be a turret of sorts, staying away from physical combat and bombing things from a distance, but at the same time you don't wanna kite. You suck at PvP and prefer PvE.

Venomancers are a ranged magic class that hit hard with spells and are not really suited to hand-to-hand battle. If you get bored of this you can transform into a fox, which is a bit more melee oriented, although with the exception of a few very useful skills within fox form this is pretty much optional. You do NOT have to kite because your pet will hold the enemy back, so you'll be functioning as a turret and your pet will be the infantry! Venomancers are weak at PvP because human players use all kinds of tactics to defeat them, including ignoring the pet and targetting the Venomancer. Thanks to the Baby Phoenix, an expensive but powerful pet that makes Venomancers much stronger in PvP than they would normally be (arguably too powerful), people have made careers out of figuring out how to kill Venomancers, meaning you're gonna struggle unless you have $200 to spend or are very skilled and dedicated. However, you'll mostly be in PvE, where the computer will merely attack the enemy with the most aggression (easily the pet if you take time to heal it). This makes Venomancers the absolute best PvE class and the fastest levelers, and their questionable abilities in PvP are irrelevant to you anyway.

The Venomancer fits you like a glove dude. I highly recommend it for you.

(It's one of my favorite classes. BM is my favorite overall and assassins are fun too.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I'm here I'm bored or procrastinating. b:cute