How are we coming along?

Options
Delmarte - Lost City
Delmarte - Lost City Posts: 216 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Blademaster
Just wanna compare my progress towards endgame along with everyone else at this level, and exchange ideas/advice.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=70ceaf35d9835559

Side arm: http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/8280
+ 40 Accuracy Shard

Hey it was cheap ok?

Bonus Skills Obtained
Will of the Bodhisatva, Smack, Spark Burst, Spark Burst +

Maxed Skills
Polearm Mastery, Axe/Hammer Mastery, Aeolian Blade, Draw Blood, Alter Marrow Physical, Roar of the Pride, Cloud Sprint, Tiger Leap, Leap Back, Piercing Winds, Farstrike, Drake's Ray, Diamond Sutra, Aura of the Golden Bell

Level 5+ Skills
Alter Marrow Magical, Heaven's Flame, Glacial Spike, Fissure, Drake Sweep, Drake Bash, Fan of Flames, Highland Cleave, Meteor Rush

The rest I don't care.

Planning on going Sage at level 89.

Genie
Lv 82, LP 62/80
Points distributed across all attributes, but mostly strength
Skills (Lv9+) True Emptiness, Thunderstorm, Second Wind, Balance, Wind Shield

My Experience (Perhaps more personal skill related)

Pros: Great at PvE, Strong against bms/barbs/archers in duels, average/good against wizards in duels, deadly against robe/LA classes in PvP, difficult to kill in PvE/PvP
Cons: Poor against Psychics/assassins/venomancers/clerics in duels, low survivability in ambushes by Level 89+ in PvP, low survivability in TW without a charm.

Good moments:
-Once I killed a barb my level in PvP, and neither one of us had a charm.
-I once 2 shot a cleric my level using True Emptiness and Farstrike.
-I once saved a pary by holding off BH69 boss Polearm, with no charm.
-I've almost never been one-shot in a TW without a critical hit.
-I once lasted 5 minutes against a demon Barbarian in PvP, with no charm.

Bad moments
-I've never successfully tanked BH boss Polearm.
-I can die AoE grinding against 7+ mobs if I forget to heal.
-Once I was killed by an assassin my level.
-Once I was killed by a cleric, lower level than me. b:cry

So yah, there's my experience so far as a BM. It's been a wild ride.

How are you guys doing?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If I'm here I'm bored or procrastinating. b:cute
Post edited by Delmarte - Lost City on

Comments

• CuteLilDemon - Lost City
    CuteLilDemon - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    hmm not a bad bm
    ur better than me when i was 8x
    Skills cost a lot of $ but u were able to afford em...great
    But i suggest u not to use citrine shard in weap or amber in armors
    Im not a big pvp player, so my build is for TW/pve, which is vit build
    I only use axes at lvl8x, so all of my aoe r lvl8, all stun skills r max w/ phy marrow, tiger leap n buff
    here was wat i used for lvl8x
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=221ac79f281506e8
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Really not a big fan of evasion ornaments. Chances are you'll evade pretty much the same without them. They don't stop wizzies, veno's, psy's or clerics or make much difference against archers or dex bm's. Maybe elemental to compensate for low mag res. Pirate kings seal boosts evasion anyway.

Besides that, nice bm. Best of luck with it, you're going pretty well so far.

I wont post mine. Low dex builds tend to attract flames. o.o
  • Delmarte - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    hmm not a bad bm
    ur better than me when i was 8x
    Skills cost a lot of $ but u were able to afford em...great
    But i suggest u not to use citrine shard in weap or amber in armors
    Im not a big pvp player, so my build is for TW/pve, which is vit build
    I only use axes at lvl8x, so all of my aoe r lvl8, all stun skills r max w/ phy marrow, tiger leap n buff
    here was wat i used for lvl8x
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=221ac79f281506e8

Argh, i can't afford all those refines.

lol, yah I got those shards mixed up because I aquired those items at different times, so I got impatient and used what I had on me at the time. Not a lot of harm done.

Anyone else wanna compare how they're doing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CuteLilDemon - Lost City
    CuteLilDemon - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yah i did wasted lots of money on my 8x gears
    You dun have to buy orb to refine, just use mirage n try ur luck or ask some1 that has better luck at refining
    Try to get +2 on ur armors then rings
    Also one of the embarass moment is when i tried to kill 7x pvp barb who always camp on lowbie
    And i failed...Cuz i was a vit build, i couldnt do much dmg on the barb n he kept using ToP or pots
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Here's my BM:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=62e2abf5fd555313

Currently saving up for a misty and possibly a tome.

Looking to be axe/fist at higher levels :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Delmarte - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    One thing that's driving me crazy is that the next axe I wanna use (http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8281) has strength requirements that are way too high and I won't be able to use them until the 90s unless I dump everything into strength for a few levels. I was hoping to cap vitality and split between dex and strength. One alternative I'm considering is saving up to buy a highly refined pair of calamity axes (+6), which are very popular and have low requisites. I'd feel kinda silly being lv 90 running around with a Cudgel of Ancient Alloy, although it's special ability is kinda fun and less dangerous, and considered by many better for PvE and tanking. Poleblade is my main path anyway, though I wanna use them both equally.

So yah, a little confoozled. Help! D:

@Asperitas
    I kinda recommend you get 2 misty forest rings instead of that tome. Same price and you get way more accuracy than a tome's dex can give you. But that's just me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think decently refined Calamities is a good, viable option. Since I won't be having enough strength at 90 to use the lv 90 axes, that's what I'll be doing too :) Another alternative is you could restat a little vit into strength. You can also try to find some ornaments with a lot of strength adds, and that might help lessen the load you have.

And at your suggestion, I've definitely thought about it. I'm really debating between 1 heavenly lord + 1 misty vs. 2 misties. I've got a decent amount of dex, so even with one misty, I'll be looking at 2.6k accuracy. Just thinking whether to go for that 2% crit which is pretty nice, or hit up to 3k+ accuracy. Of course one can never have enough accuracy, but having that extra crit is nice too :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Delmarte - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yah, I've put a lot (maybe too much) into vitality but thanks to ornaments I'm able to use that cudgel I currently have.

So I'll be thinking about it for a while, but fortunately I won't have to worry about it for weeks or even months.

Since I'm not really a dexterity build misty forest rings are more important to me. So yah, I see your point. You might not need 2. With one you'll still have good accuracy on mobs and the majority of players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    One thing that's driving me crazy is that the next axe I wanna use (http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8281) has strength requirements that are way too high

Unfortunately it's a reeeeeeeally rare mob drop mold, so gonna be pretty much impossible to get hold of one. =/

Your aim for lv90, including tome, should be 272 str in order to be able to equip tt90 axes. If necessary, putting just str for a few levels is probably the best idea. After 90 you could quite easily refine your axes well and make them your endgame and wouldn't need to add any more str at all.