Are Psychic's wanted for groups?

Options
Bad_Medicine - Heavens Tear
Bad_Medicine - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Psychic
Ok here's the deal. I've been away from PWI now for about 9 months or so. I've recently come back and found we now have had a little expansion, and addition of another race and 2 more classes. My main is a 79 Veno here, and thought since I've been away for a while I'd relearn the game some, and **** around with one of these new classes in the process.

I'm sort of starting to like this Psychic, and was wondering if anybody knows enuf about them to know just how wanted they are in groups in the higher levels? My main is already a solo type class, and would like to be wanted a bit more with whatever other class I decide to play.

Any insight anyone, you can share with me on my question about these Psychic's?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Bad_Medicine - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Anemone_ - Harshlands
    Anemone_ - Harshlands Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ok here's the deal. I've been away from PWI now for about 9 months or so. I've recently come back and found we now have had a little expansion, and addition of another race and 2 more classes. My main is a 79 Veno here, and thought since I've been away for a while I'd relearn the game some, and **** around with one of these new classes in the process.

I'm sort of starting to like this Psychic, and was wondering if anybody knows enuf about them to know just how wanted they are in groups in the higher levels? My main is already a solo type class, and would like to be wanted a bit more with whatever other class I decide to play.

Any insight anyone, you can share with me on my question about these Psychic's?

Although the class is still unfinished and has a few glitches left to be fixed, there a pretty solid class.

The Psychic is definitely a useful DD class for all group settings.

I for one have never ever once been turned down for a DD spot because of my class.
    Although we are no Healer, tank or Herc Veno we can do bits and pieces of other classes jobs very well.

For instance we have a aoe stun like a BM, Yet no amp damage like them.
    We have a aoe heal but it doesn't hit nearly hard enough to replace a cleric.
    We have great aoe and decent single target.

Although most core DD classes still have there own special tricks for groups, we bring a unique blend to fill in what your group may have trouble finding, like an archer, Wizard or Blade Master.

Hope you enjoy it and have fun!
    Who doesn't love pie!?
  • Bad_Medicine - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thank you for your wonderful response. I had read in some other posts here on the forums, Psy's weren't all that wanted for groups, and it got me to worry some.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EvilVisage - Heavens Tear
    EvilVisage - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yeah don't listen to that ****. I've never had a problem finding a squad because of my class.
    Got fish?
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Don t worry about it, you are just considered as an usual DD that can support heal sometimes control agro etc.

I never had problem getting a squad just coz i m a tideborn
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nuuuu you're a cleric D:<

and yea, you wont have any trouble gettin a squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Anemone_ - Sanctuary
    _Anemone_ - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i agree with myself? O.o lol that 2 high lvl psy have suck similar names. anyways yeah your wanted as a DD. some people get mad if u steal aggro but....to be honest...its usually the people who aren't very good at what they supposed to be doing >.> don't listen to any of them who say to nerf yourself pure mag is the best way for a psy. NUKE THE MOBS. b:chuckle
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nuuuu you're a cleric D:<

and yea, you wont have any trouble gettin a squad

b:quiet b:pleased i thought about it afterward

<
    Is it better b:embarrass
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    there is only one Ane !!!!b:angry

back to tpoic ;

getting a party for my psy was kind of a problem, like some weeks ago ...
    eg fc : ppl wanted zhen classes more ... but as more and more ppl play with psys in grps. mre ppl get to know the potential and are ok with the roles we can fill.

in the end its the same for all other classes as for psy ... u suck .. noone will squad u ..

u get ur job done and are friendly chatwise - ull find mroe than enuff ppl willing to squad u

so nothing to be scared of in higher lvls ... just enjoy the class and be polite ingame and ull have a bunch of time with ur fishy

szols
  • Bad_Medicine - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Oh Noes, now you say I can't suck, and then got to be nice on top of that!?!?!
    This is going to be tough! lol
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anemone_ - Harshlands
    Anemone_ - Harshlands Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i agree with myself? O.o lol that 2 high lvl psy have suck similar names. anyways yeah your wanted as a DD. some people get mad if u steal aggro but....to be honest...its usually the people who aren't very good at what they supposed to be doing >.> don't listen to any of them who say to nerf yourself pure mag is the best way for a psy. NUKE THE MOBS. b:chuckle

On noes it's my evil twin! ......Or are you my good twin?

I've lost track. b:chuckle

And Hai Szol girl!
    Who doesn't love pie!?
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:chuckleb:laughb:laugh
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You'll see a lot more hate on the forums than you ever will in game. A couple of months ago, it might have been a problem. But nowadays people have had time to adjust to seeing Psychics, as well as the players having time to adjust to playing one.

So as long as you're on your P's and Q's, it shouldn't ever really be a problem. Just try not to **** off your party and you should be okay. b:chuckle
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Psys have trouble finding groups? Neat! I'll have to check that out... Nope, Rebirth, they like me, FF, they love me, TT, they wet their pants for me. Could be that I'm a freak of nature among psychics, 7 pieces of lunar atm, but I didn't exactly have an issue in my 80s or early 90s either. So, gonna have to say, if you play your char well, psychics are definately a loved class for groups.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol i have no problems with psys, i was once in a squad with 3 psys, a cleric a veno and myself and we kicked ****.
    HOWEVER there have been numerous occasions where a psy in the squad has been nothing but a trigger happy moron. They cast their maxed black voodoo, steal aggro then run around screaming for heals killing everyone with w.e aoe the boss might be spewing out.

Just like every other party, as long as you know how to play your class your golden :D
  • Onin - Harshlands
    Onin - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well yes, as someone earlier said, psychics have improved. Thanks to some good guides and topics around here I would say.
    In a matter of fact, we are just another DD(well a bit better, but nvm) so we can't say its harder to play a psychic. Just mind that you are needed alive in the party. Don't exterminate everything around, together with yourself.