forgotten frostland nerfed before i ever got to do it?

Bigtease - Lost City
Bigtease - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
ok i know they changed how frost works and everything but im wondering do any of the bosses drop mats at all anymore for any of us that would like to farm it or is it just a small minute chance % that they will just drop a green already crafted gear cause ive done frost 2 times now and alls ive gotten outta it was 100 perfect stones for several dolls and a gold hp charm and a half is there a different mode setting u have to go on to get drops for crafting that i dont know about cause id much rather have mats drop than have a small % chance to maybe get a green drop that most likely i wont even get since most frost squads are random anyways anymore if anyone can tell me what it is u need to do to get material drops from the bosses plz tell me id much rather farm for what i want than just have a chance of getting it for all the charm and doll waste it is and if not is there a way u can change it to where theres an option like in TT such as squad mode and singles mode b:surrender cause the only other thing that would make frost even close to being worth doing other than farming for all the doll and charm cost is the exp which u dont get alot of without esos/hyper stones anyways so add those too the run along with dolls+charms its about 15$us dollars for a 3 hour run in frost to be succesful at it b:angryb:sad plz give us an option like in TT gms or devs or whoever it is that does this sort of stuff b:surrender
Post edited by Bigtease - Lost City on

Comments

• Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Good lord, PUNCTUATE for cryin' out loud. There's a period on your keyboard for a reason.

And to answer your question, no. Farming FF is impossible since no mobs drop curvades anymore.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    wasnt really 'nerfed' it was changed to be a leveling ground instead of a gear hunt instance. you can still get gear from each of the bosses at a small chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, new Frost is kinda lame... sure if you're just exp-greedy then you'll love it. Everyone is addicted to speed leveling. There really is nothing left to do in PWI but speed level and buy the best gear you can get.

PvE on PWI has been completely nerfed. There is no more real grinding, there are no more really difficult instances... except for 3-3 and Lunar perhaps, but they're both relatively easy to finish. Everything is becoming a rinse-repeat-repetitiveness. There is nothing hard worth working for in this game anymore. I feel the most sympathy for the PvE servers.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There is nothing hard worth working for in this game anymore.

Warsoul? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    . b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    They didn't nerf Frost, they made it better. Anyone who did frost before the change, knows it was just about impossible to complete. It was just too hard. I think you may have more chance for an item from random drop than farming the old one.

Frost gear/equips, imo, are obsolete. I see you are 91, if you want to farm gear try lunar glade.
    edited March 2010
    Frost gear/equips, imo, are obsolete. I see you are 91, if you want to farm gear try lunar glade.

Really? Gold frost rings are better than almost anything except DQ/CoA/Lunar. A few of the ornaments are still the best endgame for some classes. And yes, it was nerfed. What's the point of even doing frost if you don't want exp? There is none.

If you knew anything about Lunar Glade you know farming gear is pretty difficult and very expensive. I farmed more than half the gold mats for my necklace, but it still cost me over 40m coin, not including what I spent in time, charms, pots, etc... That was before they nerfed lunar. It's still not complete... but I'm not holding my breath, the 'awards' for trophy mode are pathetic at best.
  • Failureeee - Lost City
    Failureeee - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    Warsoul? b:chuckle

You realize if you wanted to farm Warsoul, you need frost drops right? That are no longer there.... :D
    might be another item you can trade for that fragment, but i think its also frost not 100% though :O

Mysterious chips gogogo!
  • Arron - Dreamweaver
    Arron - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You realize if you wanted to farm Warsoul, you need frost drops right? That are no longer there.... :D
    might be another item you can trade for that fragment, but i think its also frost not 100% though :O

Mysterious chips gogogo!

ok so basically u say that warsoul is impossible to get, then u mention mysterious chips. nice.

Someone on HT has Arch Fiends Touch from what i hear... o.o

anyone confirm?
    "Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Good lord, PUNCTUATE for cryin' out loud. There's a period on your keyboard for a reason.

And to answer your question, no. Farming FF is impossible since no mobs drop curvades anymore.

lmao

/10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Failureeee - Lost City
    Failureeee - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ok so basically u say that warsoul is impossible to get, then u mention mysterious chips. nice.

Someone on HT has Arch Fiends Touch from what i hear... o.o

anyone confirm?

Keyword "basically." nice.

Never said it was impossible to get. nice.
  • PewPewSMASH - Heavens Tear
    PewPewSMASH - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Noob question that I'm too embarrassed to ask on my forum main: Forgotten Frostlands and Frost Covered City; what's the difference?
    b:surrender
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Forgotten Frostlands is an instance that is good exp Frost covered city is FB51
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • PewPewSMASH - Heavens Tear
    PewPewSMASH - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    D'oh...am I thinking of the right thing? FC gear?
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I have frost mats from when it used to work. No reason I'm hanging onto them.. lol
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Really? Gold frost rings are better than almost anything except DQ/CoA/Lunar. A few of the ornaments are still the best endgame for some classes. And yes, it was nerfed. What's the point of even doing frost if you don't want exp? There is none.

If you knew anything about Lunar Glade you know farming gear is pretty difficult and very expensive. I farmed more than half the gold mats for my necklace, but it still cost me over 40m coin, not including what I spent in time, charms, pots, etc... That was before they nerfed lunar. It's still not complete... but I'm not holding my breath, the 'awards' for trophy mode are pathetic at best.

Again as I said, before the change it was impossible to complete, much less gather the materials for the items. I ran that instance before the change several times. I can only imagine you haven't.

The OP is lvl 91. Lunar glade is the best bet for equips etc, if they wanted to farm something like frost. Higher grade and better refines and gear can be made into Nirvana. During the last double drops we farmed a guildies gold armor in 1 run. That means for 3 mill coin aside from one gold mat.

I stand by what I originally posted. I was just suggesting another more viable option.

LOL @ complaining about earning gear
  • ButtSekks - Dreamweaver
    ButtSekks - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, new Frost is kinda lame... sure if you're just exp-greedy then you'll love it. Everyone is addicted to speed leveling. There really is nothing left to do in PWI but speed level and buy the best gear you can get.

PvE on PWI has been completely nerfed. There is no more real grinding, there are no more really difficult instances... except for 3-3 and Lunar perhaps, but they're both relatively easy to finish. Everything is becoming a rinse-repeat-repetitiveness. There is nothing hard worth working for in this game anymore. I feel the most sympathy for the PvE servers.

Double drops + Lunar Squad mode = pretty rewarding instance

I did 2 runs and got a 2 guildies Lunar Chests, which for arcane is better then tt99 for most casters. Even if you paid for 4 runs your still under the cost of 1 illusion Stone for tt99 chest.

Old pre-Nerf Frost was insanely hard and not even worth the **** for the rewards. You had to be 95+ to run that instance in a decent amount of time and who needs 85 gear at that lvl? If your over lvl 90 I would run Frost for exp and TT or Lunar for gears.

If you have any questions about the instances further let me know I would be more then happy to help you with what you need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Again as I said, before the change it was impossible to complete, much less gather the materials for the items. I ran that instance before the change several times. I can only imagine you haven't.

The OP is lvl 91. Lunar glade is the best bet for equips etc, if they wanted to farm something like frost. Higher grade and better refines and gear can be made into Nirvana. During the last double drops we farmed a guildies gold armor in 1 run. That means for 3 mill coin aside from one gold mat.

I stand by what I originally posted.

It wasn't impossible to complete. Maybe squad mode was- never got the chance to try it, but saving up the curvades and fragments, was able to solo everything in there at 80ish. It was very time consuming, yes, and gear was impossible to get then too.

1,000 Pasts or random pre- made equipment drops
    or
    Tons of curvades with no uses because other things didn't drop or able to make some warsoul items for a hard-as-hell-to-get weapon

It's really a trade- off of interests in the end. Even Warsong is not that much of a challenge once you figure it out.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    It wasn't impossible to complete. Maybe squad mode was- never got the chance to try it, but saving up the curvades and fragments, was able to solo everything in there at 80ish. It was very time consuming, yes, and gear was impossible to get then too.

1,000 Pasts or random pre- made equipment drops
    or
    Tons of curvades with no uses because other things didn't drop or able to make some warsoul items for a hard-as-hell-to-get weapon

It's really a trade- off of interests in the end. Even Warsong is not that much of a challenge once you figure it out.

Yes solo was easy, I am talking about squad mode :D
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2010
    I thought solo was for farming and squad was just for exp. I also thought that the changes made it so that there were more drops in solo mode. now I gotta go backtrack through the updates to see what they did.

Edit: found it....
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Frostcovered City
    No one would choose to face a challenging Boss if the rewards aren't worth it. Frostcovered City was originally designed to help LV 85-95 Players level-up, so we've taken the liberty of adjusting the EXP rewards to reflect that purpose. Additionally, the drops within Frostcovered City have been adjusted to be more gear oriented, rather than materials or components.

There's more but post length must be limited
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2010
    OMG I keep trying to put it out, but it's not showing it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010

I stand by what I originally posted. I was just suggesting another more viable option.

LOL @ complaining about earning gear

I know at least a dozen people that had farmed or were currently farming Frost ... from a full set of armor, and others at various stages of farming weapons and ornaments. Indeed it was difficult, but it was doable If the original frost were to come back now, there would be dozens farming it, if only to resell the items... many would actually use them. A number of items are end-game for various classes. Frost neck for heavy venos, daggers for sins, rings for casters that can't afford 180m to farm event rings, etc...

Just because you like they turned it into an exp carnival ride doesn't mean it's better. Sure, it's different, but if you've ever run frost, where's the challenge? Sorry, Frost is freaking boring, and you can't even farm gear there anymore

And if you're familiar with the changes to Lunar, the new prices for unknown/ancient tinder, make some of the items rediculously overpriced to actually farm. You won't get all your gold mats by drops, so you'll need to chip and coin them, and you'll have to pay cash to do it now.

Double drops + Lunar Squad mode = pretty rewarding instance

I did 2 runs and got a 2 guildies Lunar Chests, which for arcane is better then tt99 for most casters. Even if you paid for 4 runs your still under the cost of 1 illusion Stone for tt99 chest.

Old pre-Nerf Frost was insanely hard and not even worth the **** for the rewards. You had to be 95+ to run that instance in a decent amount of time and who needs 85 gear at that lvl? If your over lvl 90 I would run Frost for exp and TT or Lunar for gears.

If you have any questions about the instances further let me know I would be more then happy to help you with what you need.

I've farmed my gold CV neck with hard work and a lot of HH and Lunar runs, so you're not telling me anything important. 2x drops? You're kidding? You're saying that like it's a common occurrence. I farmed my lunar without it. *shrug*

Sorry, never done new Lunar. Are you talking about Lunar green? Lunar green is only worth the decomp, IMO. Guess you never had to farm tinders or the gold TT mats you need. Don't have the ability to farm 3-2 or 3-3 or lunar, or are a few mats short... have you priced out any of the chip + coin costs? I doubt it.
  • CJseven - Raging Tide
    CJseven - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    the old frost wasn't impossible to complete, it was just hard and you had to have players that actually knew what they were doing. with practice and good squad it wasn't any harder then tt and was actually fun trying to earn you gear, but pw screwed this instance up and now we just buy our levels there.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    I know at least a dozen people that had farmed or were currently farming Frost ... from a full set of armor, and others at various stages of farming weapons and ornaments. Indeed it was difficult, but it was doable If the original frost were to come back now, there would be dozens farming it, if only to resell the items... many would actually use them. A number of items are end-game for various classes. Frost neck for heavy venos, daggers for sins, rings for casters that can't afford 180m to farm event rings, etc...

So you have never tried yourself.

Not released at time of change.
    Just because you like they turned it into an exp carnival ride doesn't mean it's better.

Nope I don't do frost for exp. I did do Frost before tho.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    the old frost wasn't impossible to complete, it was just hard and you had to have players that actually knew what they were doing. with practice and good squad it wasn't any harder then tt and was actually fun trying to earn you gear, but pw screwed this instance up and now we just buy our levels there.

You do know running frost is free? You dont buy your lvls there, unless you use CS for the extra exp.

Also wrong about not being harder than TT, it was significantly harder. And I think my first post said almost impossible, yea you wouldd need to be a cash shop junkie.

Anyway Lunar is much more viable option especially on double drops.
    edited March 2010
    So you have never tried yourself.

Not released at time of change.

Nope I don't do frost for exp. I did do Frost before tho.

I had run squad mode with a few different parties but was basically there for the experience (not xp) and the fun. I hadn't actually decided on what I was going to farm before it was nerfed as my party of friends were all working to unlock squad for our regular TT group (which later farmed about 8 pieces of Lunar Gold... full set of HA, 2 CV necks, 2 helms). I was a ming essence and a couple random fragments away when they nerfed it. Yes, if they didn't nerf it, we would have farmed at least a piece or two each.

Did the Frost run after the change... sure, it was fun, for the first couple of times, but then the replay value of it disappeared and all that was left was an easy run any average group of half-fail party members can finish in about an hour and a half. *yawn*. No real skill involved.

You do know running frost is free?

Anyway Lunar is much more viable option especially on double drops.

Contradict yourself much? Running Lunar now costs 3m, but even before the change, the time, pots, charms and repairs for having to run 3-2 and 3-3 for gold mats as well as all the runs you need to do to drop tinders to make gold is FAR from free. And, almost everyone who makes lunar gold has to chip at least a mat or two. Like I said before Lunar Green, which is easy to farm, is relatively worthless and only worth the decomp.

And again, what's with the double drops? That's not a common occurrence you can rely on. :P