Ok I Need BM Advice

Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Blademaster
So here is my problem...

I have a messed up BM (well I consider it messed up but hey thats why im here) it has all the weapon masteries at around level 9 and has all the path skills, except for the level 59 skill on polearms. This BM is level 70. I want to follow one path but got carried away with this BM and tried each path and now this is why I think its messed up.

I have made a new BM which is strict fist only because I personally worked out as to be my best weapon which is currently 33.

Now, would it be better to try and sort out the fail level 70 BM to strict fists only or carry on with the level 33 BM where I can use the saved spirit which has been saved by not getting the other skills.

I really want help with it because yeah ive failed with the level 70 BM but its level 70 and the lower levels just suck to do over once again b:irritated
Post edited by Drmelvin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Your level 70 BM's fine. Though your SP might be spread out a bit, it's not a fail BM. What is a fail BM is a BM with only one weapon path. BMs multipath later on anyways (some even start from 29, tho not suggested) so learning those masteries doesn't really hurt you that bad. Sure, your other skills won't be as up to date, but Gamma is just around the corner.

You should spend the rest of your SP on axes AoEs and Roar for now then start looking into doing Rebirth Gamma. Gamma is a great source of exp and sp and you also make some money while at it depends on charm cost. When you start doing Gamma, you'll have the sp to level up your other weapons' skills. Once you hit 85, you can stay at that level for a bit by feeding your exp to genies and farm more sp and work on your skills if you need.

So basically, your old BM is fine and starting over would just be a pain. If you really just want to use fists, you can use the sp you get from Gamma and only level fists skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Using all weapon paths is great, I can't see why you'd think you've failed. It gives you far more versatility. Sure you'll be short on spirit, but it shouldn't be too big a deal after 8x if you keep to essential skills. If you were strictly fist only, chances are you'd have the stats to equip most other weapons too. And there are some situations when other weapons would be far more useful (axes for aoe's, heavens flame, swords for myraid, and so on). So nothing wrong with your old bm at all.
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Using all weapon paths is great, I can't see why you'd think you've failed. It gives you far more versatility. Sure you'll be short on spirit, but it shouldn't be too big a deal after 8x if you keep to essential skills. If you were strictly fist only, chances are you'd have the stats to equip most other weapons too. And there are some situations when other weapons would be far more useful (axes for aoe's, heavens flame, swords for myraid, and so on). So nothing wrong with your old bm at all.

It wasn't really a case of "Im using all weapon paths" it was a "I wanna use axes, no wait that sword BM is owning I wanna use swords" and so on, I see it, I like it, I want it b:surrender I want to use Fists since I found I was happier with them in 1v1 PVE but I have the axe skill tree open when I was in my using axes phase. So do you think I should use Fists and Axes just for those moments when people want Axe skills or when AoEs in BH or FB need extra damage? I have gold to restat it but just no spirit at all for it
    edited March 2010
    As far as PvE goes, you can use axes for AoE when you are fighting more than one mob and use fists for single targets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MinervaWolf - Dreamweaver
    MinervaWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I was sorta feeling like that. I made a pure fist BM and for some reason i stopped playing her. She was only lvl76 at the time. But i started to contemplate on using swords as well. Being a LA BM (built my BM like an archer) i used a reset note to obtain some STR. I had plenty of spirit so i opened up the sword skills. I found new love for my BM now and im glad i took some sword skills. Now some fist skills i didnt want. Too bad there isnt a reset note for skills b:surrender So i decided to remake my LA BM and i have been using swords only. I will open up some Fist skills later once i get to the fist i wanna use. In short, i dont think ur BM is failed b:victory Im almost lvl30 with my new BM b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Here, with the Strana Mechty wolf, we see what may be the epitome of a warrior, cunning matched with instinct and stealth, joined with a final, terrifying attack. For this mighty creature, I name you. You are Clan Wolf." -Nicholas Kerensky
    edited March 2010
    You don't have to reset skills tho. It's not like there's a limit on how many skills you can have. You can always level the other ones with future sp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If your BM is fail then so is mine, your BM is exactly like what mine was at lvl 70. I did just fine throughout those levels, and now I have all lvl 9-10 axe skills, lvl 4-6 sword/pole skills, and lvl 10 for all masteries. Just make sure to max Roar, Aeolian, and axe skills ASAP because groups for places like Gamma and FC won't take you unless you have axes.

It's never too late to fix your character. I started out as a LA BM using nothing but fists but never thought about remaking her. No matter what you did with your BM, the time and effort put in has to be worth something.
    edited March 2010
    I have a set of calam axes and I have the TT70 fist which are my main weapon for quests and such but when I see people who are having trouble/AoEing mobs in BH or FB I join in with the axes but the skills are level 3 (on each aoe) so im kinda working on them with the Cyclone Heel, I have no vit on it though for now because im just following the 3 str - 2 dex build per level but when it comes to the time for RB what vit should I add?
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Being able to wield Calamity and Dark Flash at lvl 70 should be the goal of all young fisters: right now the str helps your DPS a large amount, so you're set in attribute.

As for skills, we don't really use em. Not even Cyclone usually, unless someone is feeling froggy. It doesn't change much if you're set with -int eq, so really only lvl 1 Shadowless, maxed phys marrow, lvl 3-5 mag marrow, 5-10 Sutra (depends on how much mana you want to waste), Roar, and Golden. That is pretty much all fist needs. The rest of the skills are for when you want to use different weapons, so you haven't messed up fist path at all on your 70.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited March 2010
    Being able to wield Calamity and Dark Flash at lvl 70 should be the goal of all young fisters: right now the str helps your DPS a large amount, so you're set in attribute.

As for skills, we don't really use em. Not even Cyclone usually, unless someone is feeling froggy. It doesn't change much if you're set with -int eq, so really only lvl 1 Shadowless, maxed phys marrow, lvl 3-5 mag marrow, 5-10 Sutra (depends on how much mana you want to waste), Roar, and Golden. That is pretty much all fist needs. The rest of the skills are for when you want to use different weapons, so you haven't messed up fist path at all on your 70.

I only use cyclone in BH and FB on the bosses for some fun before HF hits from an extra BM if we have it. I have maxed phys marrow, 5 mag marrow, 8 sutra, maxed roar, maxed golden and maxed Aoelian. I have level 4 shadowless and level 3 Cyclone currently and the 3 axe aoes is what I mainly use if I need to.

Im hitting like 1.3k per hit in BH59 so im not sure if thats good or not
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2010

^ this

only time cyclone is worth it is if you just sparked or for a HF combo as a DD

cyclone>(swap to axes during skill cast)>HF>fists during cast>apropriate geni debuff

makes up for the time spent casting cyclone since the higher attack rate will ocour in a 2x + damage space and swaping weapons outside of a skill cast takes about a second with server lag so at least at my lvl no DPS is lost and quite a bit is gained

only have -.15 tinterval so no idea how effective that idea will be in higher interval breaks
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited March 2010

only have -.15 tinterval so no idea how effective that idea will be in higher interval breaks

Level up for once and find out. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2010
    I have no interval equips because they are too expensive for me at the mo but I was going to get the level 60 LA bracers from DQ but would it really make a difference just having that?
    edited March 2010
    -0.1 might not seem like that much but it increases your overall DPS by 16.8%. Those bracers would also last you till 90 so they are worth it imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2010
    Ahh ok thanks I will look into trying to get them
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Kept my lvl 60 bracers all the way up until lvl 99, when I swapped over to Ashura's. Funny thing is, the lvl 60 ones actually had more phys def thanks to their add.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

edited March 2010
    You are 99+ now? b:bored Yeah, I'm keeping the bracers on my Sin til 99.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    You are 99+ now? b:bored Yeah, I'm keeping the bracers on my Sin til 99.

Yeah, made 99 about half a week ago, just slowly building to 100 right now. Wanting to get either a tome or nirvana pants to reach 5 APS, other than that just kinda wandering.

The fun thing will be getting beaten up, as the upgrade dropped me 400 health when I went up to the TT99 pieces I'm using. Gonna be squishy in tournies for a bit.