Mirage Celestones

hawkflight
hawkflight Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
How can one get a decent number of Mirage Celestones? I'm already up to level 31, and I've only managed to get 3 or 4! And somehow my friend managed to get 7. So is there a trick to getting celestones that I'm just not aware of?
PLEASE, for the love of all that is chocolate. If your advice involves me spending IRL money on this game, save us both the trouble and don't bother. And before you tell me to suck it up and get a job, I have plenty of money, for me it's the principle of the matter. I will be the best, and without spending a dime. Thank you for your time.
Post edited by hawkflight on

Comments

• Reysassin - Heavens Tear
    Reysassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    aside from decomposing 3* gear, you can combine to make them (3 each of heaven,earth,human celestones or 25 celestone fragments) aside from that, you don't really get them from quests and nothing i can think of drops them until u get some more levels and get into twilight temple runs (when ur closer to 60) but at level 31, you shouldnt really need them that much. they're used for refining equipment (generally not done til 60+ at the earliest) making dice tickets for cube of fate and instance for 40+ that most (aside from venos) have little to no chance of completing til 60/70+, or selling for a little bit of extra cash in a pinch.

so, don't worry about your lack of mirages, my friend.
    ReYVynN-93 barb (semi-retired)
    Reysassin-8X assassin (semi-actively levelling til sage/demon skills drop)
    Sbiggs-54 veno
    and others to remain unlisted...

"What is best in life?"
    "Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And here the lamentation of their women."

"Oracles... wtf are oracles..? I'm here to play the game, not power level through it so i can call other people noobs..."
  • AngelicArrow - Harshlands
    AngelicArrow - Harshlands Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Once you get to 5x there is the Tideborn quest chain that gives you over 50 mirage in total.
  • hawkflight
    hawkflight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Okay, but what about the other celestones? Is there any way to get them other than as a quest reward? Because they seem to be very few and far between. I already have refined my rank 1 shirt up to +1, I'd rather like to refine the rest and make a full set of them. ( Honestly I really wouldn't mind refining them up to level 2 so I can just keep them until I get to level 60 and get the rank 2 armor. =\ )

EDIT: Wait, if the Tideborn quests give out nearly 50 Mirage Celestones, then does that mean I should make a tideborne character and farm for celestones with him?
    PLEASE, for the love of all that is chocolate. If your advice involves me spending IRL money on this game, save us both the trouble and don't bother. And before you tell me to suck it up and get a job, I have plenty of money, for me it's the principle of the matter. I will be the best, and without spending a dime. Thank you for your time.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The easiest way to get them is simply to buy them. They tend to sell for around 15k, but you can also get them for less if you shop around.

Personally, I'd recommend selling them at low levels and using the proceeds to just buy better gear, like 2-star or better. Refining doesn't really become cost effective until the later levels, because low-level gear sells for so cheap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Reysassin - Heavens Tear
    Reysassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    rank 1 is the only full set you get and honestly by late 40s early 50s at the lates you should probly be moving past rank 1 gear. (all refining it to +2 will do is give you a miniscule amount of extra hp given the gear rank) you'll get plenty of nice gear along the way as quest rewards and fb drops.

and, technically i think you're eligible for the rank 2 gear at 40, tho i dont know how anyone would come up with rep that fast without tokens or camping fb19/29 for that little bit of rep.

and no, the other celestones are only quest rewards unless you buy them from player vendors (aka kitty shops)

Edit: and the TB quest chain is all class. tideborn in general have the same number of noobish quests with ethe same type of rewards. past level 19/20 you'd be doing the same quests as everyone else
    ReYVynN-93 barb (semi-retired)
    Reysassin-8X assassin (semi-actively levelling til sage/demon skills drop)
    Sbiggs-54 veno
    and others to remain unlisted...

"What is best in life?"
    "Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And here the lamentation of their women."

"Oracles... wtf are oracles..? I'm here to play the game, not power level through it so i can call other people noobs..."
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The Tideborn quest chain is a chain of new quests that were added along with the Raging Tide expansion, and are available to all classes. So, no, you can't "farm" them with a Tideborn class character.

Also, there is another way to get celestones: Wraith events. The mobs that appear at these events drop celestones as well. However, since the Duke doesn't announce these events on world chat anymore, I don't know how you'll find them, since Wraith events are fairly rare occurrences.