Rerolling (Need Help)

Lilanella - Heavens Tear
Lilanella - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
So, I've decided to reroll, since it seems like veno just isn't the class for me. But, the issue is, I can't decide what to reroll as b:cry
So um, I don't know if this is useful at all posting this on here, but I just need suggestions/comments/whatever cause I wanna get to working on a char.. b:sad
So basically what I'm saying is that I don't know what I want to reroll as.
Sorry if I sound like a noob for saying this b:surrender.
Help please? b:shutup
Post edited by Lilanella - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Roll a BM :D

1) BMs level fast
    2) Can aoe grind
    3) excel at PvP and PvE (because of flexible weapon paths)
    4) Everyone loves a good BM in a squad :D
    5) Don't die alot, unlike casters
    6) I like cake
    7) b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    My advice to use is try them all to level 20, and pick the one that's fighting style you like best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lilanella - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Roll a BM :D

1) BMs level fast
    2) Can aoe grind
    3) excel at PvP and PvE (because of flexible weapon paths)
    4) Everyone loves a good BM in a squad :D
    5) Don't die alot, unlike casters
    6) I like cake
    7) b:shutup

I have a bm, and for some reason it dies really fast b:surrender
    That's why I kind of quit my bm.
    I was doing 3 str 1 vit 1 dex per level, and was gonna go with axes.
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sounds like a bad case of: I don't know how to play the easiest class in the game!

If rerolling, and you want a magic class, I suggest the cleric, they do a decent amount of damage, it's a MP waster, but at least you can save on HP?

Oh and please do remember that there is a HUGE difference in speed between the venos and other magical classes.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    My advice to use is try them all to level 20, and pick the one that's fighting style you like best.

thats what my friend did lol she made 7 characters and lvled them all to 20 b:laugh
    eventually stuck with bm though
  • Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I suggest narrowing it down. Start by choosing what you like most, melee, casting or ranged. Then simply look at each classes pros and cons of the group.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
    edited March 2010

Yeah, I have all of the classes, most of them over 20, but I'm still having trouble choosing b:surrender
  • Fatboykbb - Heavens Tear
    Fatboykbb - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    go with wizzy we do awsome dmg and we can healb:laughb:laugh
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    well if u have played every class till 20 and stil cant decide, play another game perhaps?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    well if u have played every class till 20 and stil cant decide, play another game perhaps?

I know a sound like a noob, but I like this game, and I just don't know which one to choose b:surrender
  • Fatboykbb - Heavens Tear
    Fatboykbb - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I know a sound like a noob, but I like this game, and I just don't know which one to choose b:surrender

okey which do you like better being a magic type or a melee?
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    So, I've decided to reroll, since it seems like veno just isn't the class for me. But, the issue is, I can't decide what to reroll as b:cry
    So um, I don't know if this is useful at all posting this on here, but I just need suggestions/comments/whatever

Then don't reroll. Just quit. Have a nice day.
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Benign - Heavens Tear
    Benign - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I suggest you figure out what you want from playing this game?

You didn't like your veno, why? Is it because it's boring that you use the same skill over and over again? and have to grind alone most of the time?

If you want to help others and be sought about in squads be a cleric, or a barb.

If you want to have many pretty skills do a wiz or psy.

If you want do melee and don't have to spam skills, BM or sin or archer maybe. (I say this coz most of them bm in TT just do normal atk and be chatting all the time. While me being cleric or wiz always busy spaming kills >.<)
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    why re-roll to just one? b:chuckle
    could play more than one char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    First, you need to decide if you like being in the midst of a fight or standing back. If you like to be in the middle of it, you narrow down to Assassin, Blademaster, or Barbarian. If you like being away from the fray, you have your choice of Psychic, Wizard, Archer, or Cleric.

If you choose the melee path, you then need to decide how you want to play. Personally, I found myself annoyed at not hitting almost every single time, so Assassin turned out to be right for me. However, it is all about how you rate survivability, pot costs, and killing speed. If you place survivability, roll a Barb. If you want killing speed and don't mind pot costs, roll an axe Blademaster. If you don't rate survivability being low and just want to kill quickly, roll and Assassin and choose whether you want to be a skill spammer or a spark spammer, spark spammer being the less costly.

If you choose distance attacks, you'll have to rate it on whether you like to help people, or do damage. If you like helping, pick the Cleric. If you want to do very high damage, pick a Wizard. If you want to get a lot of critical hits, roll the Archer. If you want to be able to stand there and let the mob kill itself while you do damage to it, take a Psychic.

Best I can say though, research each class in their respective forums and that will give you the best idea of what each is like.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    OP, seriously try a bit harder. you don't tell us why you disliked venos and don't give us even the slightest clue as to what sort of character you would like to play.

I will say this, after playing veno chances are you'll feel gimped in some aspect of whatever class you choose, so try to find something you really like.
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hey u BM sup with casters? b:angry

What I can tell u veno is the following do what u want but, if u can spend good of money in cashshop and can wait until lvl 79+ then wizard is the class for u.

Note: Wizards SUCK from lvl 20-40 but a 80+ pure wizard with good gear kicks asses and at 90+ is just OP

b:victory
  • Anchali - Heavens Tear
    Anchali - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I suggest you figure out what you want from playing this game?

You didn't like your veno, why? Is it because it's boring that you use the same skill over and over again? and have to grind alone most of the time?

If you want to help others and be sought about in squads be a cleric, or a barb.

If you want to have many pretty skills do a wiz or psy.

If you want do melee and don't have to spam skills, BM or sin or archer maybe. (I say this coz most of them bm in TT just do normal atk and be chatting all the time. While me being cleric or wiz always busy spaming kills >.<)

b:avoid u talking sht about me? LOl jk but what can i do? my normal attack hits about the same as skills. so its about the same damage (very close damage) T_T b:cry

On topic to OP: Come join me in archery! we MUST learn how to NEVER miss together! (as many dex and crits as i have, i HATE when i miss -_-)
    archer is awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Benign - Heavens Tear
    Benign - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hey u BM sup with casters? b:angry

What I can tell u veno is the following do what u want but, if u can spend good of money in cashshop and can wait until lvl 79+ then wizard is the class for u.

Note: Wizards SUCK from lvl 20-40 but a 80+ pure wizard with good gear kicks asses and at 90+ is just OP

b:victory

I'm wondering how much cash you are talking about here? I currently have a pure int wiz parked at lvl 85. Was doing LA b4 I restated, now idk what to do with her b:sad
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well, the class least like venomancer is probably barbarian.

It's very refreshing to take a break from being a venomancer and be a little baby tiger.

Rawr! I pounce! I claw! I need heals!

Great fun.
    edited March 2010
    OP, seriously try a bit harder. you don't tell us why you disliked venos and don't give us even the slightest clue as to what sort of character you would like to play.

I will say this, after playing veno chances are you'll feel gimped in some aspect of whatever class you choose, so try to find something you really like.

Sorry, should have said more. I didn't like veno since it was so repetitive, and it was almost TOO easy. I do like magic classes though.
  • melodux
    melodux Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    - roll a wizzie if you're patient with dying plenty at the beginning but powerful endgame
    - roll a cleric if you want to be loved by all in squad (unless you're a failed one..)
    - roll a psychic if you wanna DD and aggro steal
  • Ezaella - Heavens Tear
    Ezaella - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Then don't reroll. Just quit. Have a nice day.

Did you even read her other posts? She said she didn't want to quit, she likes the game. Why waste your time posting "just quit" when she simply said she didn't want to? Seems like you're trying to up your post count to me.

Lila, you're undecided again? Hmm. Since you like magic classes, roll a Cleric, Psy, or Wiz a little around 30-35. And decide if you like or don't like it. Then roll another class just to try it.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sorry, should have said more. I didn't like veno since it was so repetitive, and it was almost TOO easy. I do like magic classes though.
    Uh, if you have played all the classes and can't decide, maybe it's time for a new game?
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Barb or Cleric b:victory
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Dunes - Dreamweaver
    Dunes - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Most classes in the game spam a certain skill or skills to kill mobs-- repetitive is how it is. Though, BH runs where the unexpected happen are the real fun of the game. XD

I know you love the magic classes, but, I'm gonna have to recommend BM. They die a lot in earlier levels, but, you definitely don't have as much 'repetitive' feeling on them. If you build them right, you can explore all four weapon paths, which all have different uses (axes aoe, spears range and bleed, swords one on one good damage, fists lightning fast attacks and great accuracy).

For casters, I'd say Cleric. They can self heal, have phys and magic attacks for the resist mobs, and can take a hit. While healing might get a little repetitive, it is a challenge looking out for the entire squad and keeping them alive, 'specially on a crazy run. =)
  • Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary
    Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2010

My opinions that might or might not match your preferences:

BM:
    + Very versatile in a lot of situations (DD, tank, protecting, mob control)
    + 4 weapon paths that you have to think when and what you want to learn
    - Not magic class

Cleric:
    + Magic class
    + Easier to get into random squads
    + Fun when in low lvl or fail squads
    - Repetitive

Archer:
    + Relaxing
    + Straightforward skill choice
    - Not magic class

I can't speak for barb, wizard and veno though. Barb was tedious for me. Wizards are all right so far, but haven't found the passion to play yet. Played veno till 49, and am mediocre at it.

It'd help more if you rate the following in order of importance:
    1) Class costs
    2) Survivability
    3) Variation in skills/experience
    4) Roles in squad (what you prefer to do)
    5) etc etc (can't think of anything else)

As Dunes said, BM is rarely repetitive or boring. Cleric would be my next choice. To me, both are very useful in squad. Can't speak for others, but so far archers are pretty good at saving clerics and wizards.

But I'm speaking from a perspective of someone who likes to survive on the edge, work in a squad, rely more on physical attacks, do damage and have the ability to heal. Thus my choices. Not too concerned about tanking, and not much a fan of magic.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Make fun fun build !! b:laugh

Fist heavy venomancer
    Axe heavy cleric
    Sword heavy wizard
    Bow light barbarian
    Magic Sword arcane blademaster
    Spear heavy assassin
    Fist heavy psychic
    Wand arcane archer

b:cute None of them spam skills except bm b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • ClericNico - Dreamweaver
    ClericNico - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    As someone who has one of each class (even the Tideborns, which i loathe), I can understand not being able to choose lol. My advice? Keep leveling them all. Play whatever you're in the mood for. Any class is going to be repetitive to some extent. That's just part of the game. Killing something over and over for a quest or grinding is going to feel repetitive, even if you're using different skills to kill them. That's why I like to mix it up and play whatever I'm in the mood for. My veno was fun for a while, but i eventually got pretty tired of her, so she's retired for now, probably until I get a herc (sometime 10 years from now lol). My cleric's starting to feel tired too. Lately I've been enjoying the bm and the archer a good bit. And the wizzie is always fun too. In any case, whatever you decide, have fun and good luck. b:victory
    Sometimes, when I'm bored, I blow myself up. b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ClericNico: 7x Cleric, Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 7x Barbarian, Tormented Executor (Hate2Love Alt Faction)
    Durzo_Blint: 6x Blademaster, Tormented

The cleric formerly known as the veno known as Sheeeba. b:chuckle