Which server should I choose?

xxnouchexx
xxnouchexx Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello there. I just finished the download and thought I would give it a try now, but I don't know which servers to pick?

I've been playing ESO (another PW game) before and there choosing a server doesn't rly matter because there r only two. But here there r 6 of them? I'm living in europe/germany and of course I'd like to meet ppl who can speak my mother tongue (I'm not THAT good in english ^^v) but if there are not much germans arround I would at least want to find the server with the matching timezone.

Ahm...I hope u understand what I was saying, thanks in advance x3
Post edited by xxnouchexx on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Me think you want a east coast PvE server.
    b:thanks
    also....why do me sense you wish to eat some food?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    xxnouchexx wrote: »
    Hello there. I just finished the download and thought I would give it a try now, but I don't know which servers to pick?

I've been playing ESO (another PW game) before and there choosing a server doesn't rly matter because there r only two. But here there r 6 of them? I'm living in europe/germany and of course I'd like to meet ppl who can speak my mother tongue (I'm not THAT good in english ^^v) but if there are not much germans arround I would at least want to find the server with the matching timezone.

Ahm...I hope u understand what I was saying, thanks in advance x3

Dreamweaver have a german only faction ( WarmonGER), and quite few germans around. dunno with other servers.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Rising tide is new and PVE.
    Two of them are PVP.
    The other two are PVE.

Of the two two's, one is east coast US and one West - it's sensible for Europeans to pick the east coast, as it is closer (good for ping) and more of the players are closer to that time zone.

Rising tide I forget what timezone it is in, it should say in the launcher.

Nothing stops you running characters on multiple servers, but you can't move a character from one server to another.
  • xxnouchexx
    edited March 2010
    Aaaww thx. I'm going to start at the Dreamwaver server ^.^

BTW: You have mermen....BUT NO MERMAIDS? b:angry
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    xxnouchexx wrote: »
    Aaaww thx. I'm going to start at the Dreamwaver server ^.^

BTW: You have mermen....BUT NO MERMAIDS? b:angry

There are female tideborn. They can indeed turn into mermaids.
    It's in no way a useful skill, so they don't do it very often, but they can do it.

Welcome to dream.
  • xxnouchexx
    edited March 2010
    Oh, I thiught the gender would be related to the class, sry ^^v
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The only race thats gender locked as far as class is concerned are the Untamed. Youll never see a female avatar for the Barbarian, and youll never see a male avatar for the Venomancer. But other than that, gender has no bearing on class. And welcome to PWI!!!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Raging Tide (not Rising Tide, that was the expansion name, not the server) is east coast.

Tide form is useful for swimming fast, and also gives a defense bonus, but you can't use any skills in tideform, so it isn't really useful in a fight.

There's a few non-native speakers of English in my faction. Not sure if any are German speakers, but you can try whispering me in game this evening, if you're up late. (Usually get home around 5:30pm Eastern which would be around 11:30 CET.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Raging Tide is where it's really at. We have 4 German factions here: Schatten, JuTuGER, WarmonGER, Kittys.
    I'm the Schatten Director.