Someone tell me why we all do our BHIII immediately instead of saving till next run?

Options
Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
Nigrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Seems damned stupid to me, the BHIII saves and you can still get the next days BHI regardless of which BHIII you have. Seems stupid to rerun the whole instance (79 in my case) just to kill the last boss when you can just save the quest and get him the next run without wasting 15 minutes to get back there. Zero out of 100 people agree with me though, so someone please tell me if i'm wrong.
Post edited by Nigrosity - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wont u break bh chain if u have two bhs in quest menu?

i dunno how this work exactly but you break it sometimes and get that badge with countdown
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Daedr - Heavens Tear
    Daedr - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Works nicely and I have been doing it.
    Like I would bother running BH for the last boss.
    (Have had more than 2 BHs on my list too)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Enliven Executor~
    In Game Names:
    Daedr - Cleric
    KittyD - Venomancer

Whisp if ya wanna have a talk :D
  • Vuurvlametje - Heavens Tear
    Vuurvlametje - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Seems damned stupid to me, the BHIII saves and you can still get the next days BHI regardless of which BHIII you have. Seems stupid to rerun the whole instance (79 in my case) just to kill the last boss when you can just save the quest and get him the next run without wasting 15 minutes to get back there. Zero out of 100 people agree with me though, so someone please tell me if i'm wrong.

The reason I do the full bh is cause all my bosses are usually in the same instance, 79 in my case too. We're already in the instance, have wined/cleared it already, why not just kill all the bosses when we need them all anyways? What's 15 min going back in? There is always the possibility of getting the same chain the next day so if you save bh III, you'd be losing the next day's bh III cause you can't have the same boss for the same bh (eg. two brigand bh III).

You break the chain by either....
    already having the same boss for the same bh (I, II or III)
    or
    you've already killed the boss that day whether for bh or not doesn't matter

You can have as many bh's as long as there are no repeats :P I know somebody who's had 6 runningb:surrender
  • Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What's 15 min going back in?

about 100 hours a year, which is why i'm not doing my III's when i pick them up. Honestly wasnt too thrilled I was already spending 2 hours a day on dailies, BH takes it to 3 now and that 15 minutes will add up.

Not to mention is costs 10k to tele back into the instance, so it actually saves about 3mil coin a year as well.
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Whenever I do BH it's because I have 1, 2, AND 3 in my quest log. Yes it is pointless running back to the headhunter after doing the first boss etc. Plus if you have all 3 at once it doesn't matter what oder you do them in and that way you can sit back and observe as your squad squabbles about how they have to do Rankar before Fushma while another 2 need Fushma first, blah blah blah.
  • Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Whenever I do BH it's because I have 1, 2, AND 3 in my quest log. Yes it is pointless running back to the headhunter after doing the first boss etc. Plus if you have all 3 at once it doesn't matter what oder you do them in and that way you can sit back and observe as your squad squabbles about how they have to do Rankar before Fushma while another 2 need Fushma first, blah blah blah.

if you dont turn in the I's, you miss the II's and III's no?

Or can you still get the previous days II' and III's?
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Glad I got out of that chain before they reformed the BH system. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    if you dont turn in the I's, you miss the II's and III's no?

Or can you still get the previous days II' and III's?

I'm not entirely sure. I sometimes end up with two I's and one II. As long as you accept two, then just wait a day and accept the daily. It's fun cashing in on all 3 at once and not caring in what order your squad wants to do the bosses.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    as long as they are different chains from different days , you can have multiple step 1, 2 or 3

the problem is =

You cant activate 2 step 2 or 3 on the same day (even if they are from different chains, from different days..GM, why is that ??? )

so basically what you need do is =

Day 1 pick step 1 , do it, get step 2

Day 2 pick step 1, do step 1 from day2 ans step 2 from day 1, get following steps

Day 3, get step 1, do the 3 steps in the same run , you ll get step 2 and 3 for following day)

day 4 continues from day 3, rince and repeat
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I once had 5-6 myself in BH59, heck I'm pretty sure I had drake on all rank. O_o (don't do much BH)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    as long as they are different chains from different days , you can have multiple step 1, 2 or 3

the problem is =

You cant activate 2 step 2 or 3 on the same day (even if they are from different chains, from different days..GM, why is that ??? )

so basically what you need do is =

Day 1 pick step 1 , do it, get step 2

Day 2 pick step 1, do step 1 from day2 ans step 2 from day 1, get following steps

Day 3, get step 1, do the 3 steps in the same run , you ll get step 2 and 3 for following day)

day 4 continues from day 3, rince and repeat

I do this every day. b:victory

Well...every day I do BH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • RaininFire - Sanctuary
    RaininFire - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    leaving no.3 to next day is only ok if on the next day the order for the boss is different

your way your gonna lose out on some eventually and mess up otherwise good squads
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    leaving no.3 to next day is only ok if on the next day the order for the boss is different

your way your gonna lose out on some eventually and mess up otherwise good squads

Hummmm

what is a good squad ?

- One that is organised and knows before hand what they will have to do, do it and be over with it in less than 30 minutes ? (ie= Today we need pyro (step3), Nob (step1), pole (step2..so go kill those F ... in the natural order and get out)

Cost = wine + 1 tp in (illusionary stone)

or

- One that takes hours to make a BH complete? (ie = So we need to begin with nob, but dont kill pole, everybody goes out, and comes back at the speed of snail, so now we can go do pyro... and go out again..... hee ppl we need to go back for pole .... ) If everyone used Tp Stone / Illusionary stone that could be quick.. thats not the case

Cost = wine + 2 TP stones + 3 illusionary stones or wine + 1hr and more

^^
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Epidemy - Sanctuary
    Epidemy - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I agree with this question... It's quite easy to stack at least 3-4 BHs.

And if you really wanna do it in some optimized way, and provided you play alts too and you have the account stash, there is an easy way to stack them.

Just do stack BH for the first char like Reivi said, and then keep stacking them but adding your alts to the pool; if you can't get the matching BH cause you already have it, put the order(s) in your supply stash, switch on alt, and give it to him/her, and go on until you have a suiitable amount of BHs on one of your char's quest list. Let's say 3 for BH29 (ie max), 5+ fo BH39+. Remember that you can get up to 3 times the same boss in you list.

I do usually a BH run every 2 days (including all my played chars) and usually stack from 6 to 9 BHs before I do a run. I sometimes waste an order (let's say one every 3 run) but I save a lot of money and time this way.
  • Barooo - Heavens Tear
    Barooo - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    For the OP and others who see the sense in this, you might find this interesting:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656532

Cheers! b:kiss
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    That's because alot of people are impatient about gaining exp and leveling so they find it necessary to talk to the Head Hunter to obtain all the quests for that daily bh chain, and in the process they waste alot of coins for teleporting and using the illusion stone. For bh 79, you'll be wasting on average 40k using the illusion stone and teleporting back to arch each time. Not alot of people are good at math and don't understand how much coins they are losing, and nor do they want to understand the logic of efficiency. This is comparative to how people are in debt irl and don't know how to save money. In addition, you have players that have different levels of maturity in the game :)
  • RaininFire - Sanctuary
    RaininFire - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    For the OP and others who see the sense in this, you might find this interesting:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656532

Cheers! b:kiss

this is a perfect way to do it
    my point was its annoying when your in a squad wanting to do endless different versions of boss orders

its annoying enough finding a squad of 6 people for the same lvl let alone finding one that just wants to do the 3 mobs given out THAT day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]