New PvP Server?

Options
johhng
johhng Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
There are 4 PvE servers and 2 PvP servers. I know that it is natural to have more PvE than PvP servers but come on, twice as much? Is there a new PvP server brewing? I know that Harshlands is not really close to full but neither was Dreamweaver when Ragin Tides was created. I heard some rumors today that there is indeed a plan for a new PvP server, can anyone confirm this?
Post edited by johhng on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This again?

People need to stop saying the same things over and over about servers.

If you want to PvP, go on LC or Harshlands. Stop demanding a new server, or asking if the rumours of a new server are true. They've just released a new server, why would they be releasing another? Honestly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Latentkarma - Lost City
    Latentkarma - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    johhng wrote: »
    There are 4 PvE servers and 2 PvP servers. I know that it is natural to have more PvE than PvP servers but come on, twice as much? Is there a new PvP server brewing? I know that Harshlands is not really close to full but neither was Dreamweaver when Ragin Tides was created. I heard some rumors today that there is indeed a plan for a new PvP server, can anyone confirm this?

No there will not be a new PVP server until the current PVP servers actually have a population.
  • Tonttuu - Heavens Tear
    Tonttuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    why need new PvP server when HL is almost empty? go there =)
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    pvp servers are dead, why would we make a new one..?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Opening a new PvP server would do one thing. It would give two dozen cash shoppers who fail on LC or HL to make it to the top of the rankings in a mostly empty server.

Go to HL and see what a failure that is.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    We don't need another server where people will flood to it for the first month in hopes of becoming a factor, only to leave a month later when they find out that they can't.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Everyone likes to invent this rumor because they think it'll give them a chance to be top dog on the new PvP server.

Then the following happens. Immediately some cash shop over investors and/or people with no life climb to 90+ in 2 weeks. Noone else has a chance to compete. Everyone who had a hope now feels that hope die. They go back to their old servers. Harshlands isnt anywhere close to capacity, why would they open another PvP server? Giving 20 ppl a chance to be the new alpha male isnt a reason.

Oh and /inb4lock.
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    successtroll.jpg
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The only people that could confirm or deny such a thing are the GMs. And they've not been known to do this for anything else before its release. Why would yet another server be the exception?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    To everyone flaming this guy i say keep them kind of opinions to yourself, why? do you guys remember what it was like when this rumor was last out at the expansion?

every person was asking on forums new classes new servers? are there new servers coming? and this was the kind of response everyone gave. current servers not full no, shut up ect. even the gms said no. then what do u know? a new server comes out.

what you guys need to think is PW dosnt give a damm about server balance or emptyness of servers, all they want is our cash and they brought out a new server last time becouse they knew people would spend ample oracling up new classes on a new server with anni packs, oracle sale ect.

ive heard this rumor that a new pvp server is brewing, and by the looks of the current cashshop items, i would say were not far off one. its not long till anni.. i mean coral packs + huge xp boost item or jones is back then boom new server, new wanabe bests rushing to it.
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    pretty sure its false, considering HL is empty...

while last time, all the PvE servers had quite healthy populations

doesnt change the fact i'm still saving quite a large stash of money in the event it does happen
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ive heard this rumor that a new pvp server is brewing, and by the looks of the current cashshop items, i would say were not far off one. its not long till anni.. i mean coral packs + huge xp boost item or jones is back then boom new server, new wanabe bests rushing to it.

The rumor is player created by those that are tired of being squished on the current PvP servers.

Giving 20 people the chance to be the new top dog is NOT a reason for a new server. End of discussion.

Its not cost feasible to run a new server, when theres still plenty of room on existing servers.
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The rumor is player created by those that are tired of being squished on the current PvP servers.

Giving 20 people the chance to be the new top dog is NOT a reason for a new server. End of discussion.

Its not cost feasible to run a new server, when theres still plenty of room on existing servers.

funny, people sounded just like this last time this rumor was circling, everyone saying no they wont bring one out, current ones not full and saying stuff like search "new server" see how many come bla bla bla, and guess what, they were all proved wrong when the gms announed a new server with the expansion.

there is no "end of discussion" this guy asked if there will be one and everyone is shooting him down becouse they think they know better, which was proven wrong last time this type of discussion came.

oh and its not just 20 people as u put it, im pretty sure if a new pvp came a good couple hundered per server would move not to mension the new people wanting to join a new server. add in big cashshop items for cashshoppers and im sure it would be cost effective seen as PW share prices rose a substancial amount when anni packs came.

end of end of discussion. never let ur hopes die!
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LOL troll >_> . But for those discussing here about new PvP server, its pretty obvious that we wont see one till Harshlands at least is full since Lost City is really healthy in population atm. Raging Tide came in because Heavens Tear (PvE), Sanctuary (PvE) and Dreamweaver (PvE) were excellent in terms of population so it was worth it. But when you have 2 PvP servers that are not even full its not wise a bit to open another one. Those who are already in PvP servers and are asking for a new server just wanna have their chance to be "top dogs" like some1 here said. And those who are in PvE servers and want to go for PvP servers I think the option is pretty simple atm (move to either of the current PvP servers), and shouldnt involve a new PvP server.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    funny, people sounded just like this last time this rumor was circling, everyone saying no they wont bring one out, current ones not full and saying stuff like search "new server" see how many come bla bla bla, and guess what, they were all proved wrong when the gms announed a new server with the expansion.

Last time the rumors were circulating before the expansion it was also for a PvP server. And that didnt happen. They introduced a PvE cause those servers were near max capacity. Proved yourself wrong right there cause ppl were saying back then there wont be a new PvP server... and there wasnt.

The fact is, any rumor anyone heard is strictly a player invention & player circulated. Even if they should surprise us with a new server tomorrow (snowflakes chance in hell), that information would never ever have been spoken of to the player base by those running the servers. The information doesnt come from any real sources.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

there is no "end of discussion" this guy asked if there will be one and everyone is shooting him down becouse they think they know better, which was proven wrong last time this type of discussion came.

oh and its not just 20 people as u put it, im pretty sure if a new pvp came a good couple hundered per server would move not to mension the new people wanting to join a new server. add in big cashshop items for cashshoppers and im sure it would be cost effective seen as PW share prices rose a substancial amount when anni packs came.

end of end of discussion. never let ur hopes die!

Do you even have the remotest concept of what it costs to buy a new server let alone run one?

The current PVP servers are far from capacity.

200-300 people doesn't balance the cost of a new server.

If you think it does, I want some of what your smoking because it must be some good ****.

~S
  • quiv
    quiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    pvp servers are dead, why would we make a new one..?

waaa... I just started on HL about.. oh.. a month ago?... and let me tell you.. that server is FAR from dying.... there are little noobs everywhere...

If you want to really see what a dying server is like.. i suggest you go checkout Delphi or Oracle... wait.. you cant.. they merged them.. into Utopia (this is PW-MY)... and that server is dying...

A server dies when people start to leave their chars behind (lvl 100+, 8th rank, high refines - +10 or more).. and no new people come into the game...

I've watched PW-MY die slowly for over a year.. and in the last few months... go down-hill rapidly...

Trust me... the PVP servers, well.. at least harshlands.. is far far from dying...

ps: GMs... so.... how much do i have to pay to transfer my PW-MY characters to here?
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    quiv wrote: »
    ps: GMs... so.... how much do i have to pay to transfer my PW-MY characters to here?

Nothing you can't. It is two different companys so not going to happen ever.

As to the original topic. If there is a need for a new server, which there isn't right now, the GM's will announce it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.