NOTICE: Dreamweaver server Temporary Double EXP

2»

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Wow. That's...really cool of you guys. I'm really impressed with how this is being handled.

Side note: I want on the HMS Cool Beans b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Be carful now beans tend to give people gasb:laugh
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well, guess I'm gonna live in FC until tomorrow night. Starting now. (I Just woke up x[)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • TroubleDD - Dreamweaver
    TroubleDD - Dreamweaver Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol i wont complain to much just dont know what to do witht he double EXP >.> b:surrender
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited March 2010
    Delicious Legion attack with 2x exp. b:dirty
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the double EXP guys. It's great to see how fast the response was to this and that you've given us this too as compensation. I have to admit, I honestly thought all that would happen was the BH guy would come back and that would be that.

I'm happy to have been proven wrong. I'll be living in FC after I get demon. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MasterJigz - Dreamweaver
    MasterJigz - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    KUDOS!!
    b:thanks thanks for the double Exp!!

This more than makes up for the little shock of horrors i had last nite..please diregard the ticket i submitted lol (thot i got ****!!)
  • Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Umm, yeah the NPC is missing on Lost srever too... b:sin double exp?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amrinz
    amrinz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    just want to say, thanks b:laugh
  • Glaicez - Dreamweaver
    Glaicez - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    so im asking...
    is the 2x exp still on?
  • dustyballz
    dustyballz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Just EXP, no extra drops or spirit.

Have you ever thought of bonus EXP and/or spirit like this? --> Double EXP with normal spirit is the same as normal EXP with half spirit.

It is.
    Example: You're lv 21, you play for a few hours and get a bunch of quests done, a marathon session, so now you're lv 26. That double EXP was great. wasn't it? But when you go to your class trainer, you will have gained five good levels but will only have half of the spirit you'd normally have after five levels gained.
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Double EXP without spirit/drops is a good way of making a person go up in levels without the benifit of gathering enough resources to support him/herself over time.

Lack of resources is good for business tactics to gently push people to use the cash shop option.
    Completely understandable.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • dustyballz
    dustyballz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Double EXP without spirit/drops is a good way of making a person go up in levels without the benifit of gathering enough resources to support him/herself over time.

Lack of resources is good for business tactics to gently push people to use the cash shop option.
    Completely understandable.

Oh, so I can buy spirit from the cash shop? Since when? What's the item? I've been wishing I could buy spirit for a month!
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    You know, it's ironic.

1) Server crashes. People WC like crazy, most of them only demanded double EXP. (Yes, I'm being serious, 99% of people demanding things demanded double EXP ONLY)

2) Head Hunter disappears. People demand for him to come back.

3) Emergency shutdown to try and bring Head Hunter back. People demand that the GMs delay the shut down.

4) Double EXP to make up for the loss of Head Hunter and server crash. People demand double EXP and Spirit now because double EXP alone totally isn't fair.

Be thankful you were given anything, because had I been a GM, and had I seen all of these continuous demands, I'd have told you all to go play a different game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    If they can sell it it will come.

At this time there might not be a bottle of spiritpoints available (last time I seriously looked at the cashshop was back when I first started).
    But if we players demand/suggest those items long and often enough I am sure they will create just that very thing.
    edited March 2010
    Lol double exp never really made me happy. Nor the Bounty hunter being there or not.

(Sure it helped in some way but if they never do it again I will not be QQ'ing over it.)

I am great-full for the speedy restart after the server went online. I have seen far worse delays in getting a server back online in other MMO's
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Head hunter is back for this side of the beanstalk. o_O
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    good thing to see really. double is still up though. so it's good all the way around
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You know, it's ironic.

1) Server crashes. People WC like crazy, most of them only demanded double EXP. (Yes, I'm being serious, 99% of people demanding things demanded double EXP ONLY)

2) Head Hunter disappears. People demand for him to come back.

3) Emergency shutdown to try and bring Head Hunter back. People demand that the GMs delay the shut down.

4) Double EXP to make up for the loss of Head Hunter and server crash. People demand double EXP and Spirit now because double EXP alone totally isn't fair.

Be thankful you were given anything, because had I been a GM, and had I seen all of these continuous demands, I'd have told you all to go play a different game.

All these 'demands' won't have happened if the servers hadn't crashed in the first place when they are not supposed to, especially given all that weekly maintenance.

A main NPC went missing, which impacted the majority of players. Hence, i don't see anything unappropriate with the GMs/admins pacifying players with a x2 exp and/or spirit/drops event.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    All these 'demands' won't have happened if the servers hadn't crashed in the first place when they are not supposed to, especially given all that weekly maintenance.

A main NPC went missing, which impacted the majority of players. Hence, i don't see anything unappropriate with the GMs/admins pacifying players with a x2 exp and/or spirit/drops event.

Main NPC? Maybe if you're a newbie who grew up with BH always being there, then yeah he's a main NPC. For the rest of us who played this game properly, he's nothing more then a "Let's make your levelling uber easy" NPC that we can all live without.

QQ moar you couldn't do one of your daily quests - maybe that will teach players not to rely on that guy so much.

And I never denied the servers shouldn't have gone down. But my point is, there's only so many demands you can make before you start to realise the irony of it all. Maybe you didn't read my demands properly?

Servers went down. People demanded double EXP as retribution. Cool beans, I agree.

Head Hunter goes missing, people want him back. Personally, you shouldn't be so dependant on that guy, but I still agree.

A shutdown of the server, to try and meet all your demands (giving you your 2x EXP and trying to get Head Hunter back) and you suddenly cry you don't want it. That's like asking for a slice of cake and then saying you aren't hungry.

People then complain that the 2x EXP isn't enough. That's like suddenly saying you're hungry again, and you want the whole cake this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Main NPC? Maybe if you're a newbie who grew up with BH always being there, then yeah he's a main NPC. For the rest of us who played this game properly, he's nothing more then a "Let's make your levelling uber easy" NPC that we can all live without.

QQ moar you couldn't do one of your daily quests - maybe that will teach players not to rely on that guy so much.

And I never denied the servers shouldn't have gone down. But my point is, there's only so many demands you can make before you start to realise the irony of it all. Maybe you didn't read my demands properly?

Servers went down. People demanded double EXP as retribution. Cool beans, I agree.

Head Hunter goes missing, people want him back. Personally, you shouldn't be so dependant on that guy, but I still agree.

A shutdown of the server, to try and meet all your demands (giving you your 2x EXP and trying to get Head Hunter back) and you suddenly cry you don't want it. That's like asking for a slice of cake and then saying you aren't hungry.

People then complain that the 2x EXP isn't enough. That's like suddenly saying you're hungry again, and you want the whole cake this time.

He IS a main NPC. Show of hands who said he isnt. Probably you are the only one. Get a dose of reality please, nuff said.

In any case, this game is nothing without players. There always exist players that will forever be greedy and that's an unfortunate fact. And for a GM to say such stuff as what you said, he will better start looking for another job.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    He IS a main NPC. Show of hands who said he isnt. Probably you are the only one. Get a dose of reality please, nuff said.

In any case, this game is nothing without players. There always exist players that will forever be greedy and that's an unfortunate fact. And for a GM to say such stuff as what you said, he will better start looking for another job.

Just because the GMs aren't allowed to tell the players to stfu and be happy with what they have doesn't make it right to complain about everything they try to do for the players. I'd say he isn't a main NPC as well, by the way. The game would continue just fine if tomorrow they said "Hey, the BH system isn't working out, let's take it out" and we no longer had BHs to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited March 2010
    There will always exist players who QQ just about anything, and there is nothing we can do about it. If the server hadnt crashed, those players probably wont have much of a reason to QQ about it. And that is, unfortunately a fact.