The Raging Tide Veno Pet Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Delmarte - Lost City
    Delmarte - Lost City Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    At what level do psychics qualify for pets?

All classes can access baby pets, which are basically accessories.

However, only venomancers can use pets for combat, and cannot use baby pets for that purpose.

Psychics are a very effective class on their own. If they had combat pets they'd be invincible. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I'm here I'm bored or procrastinating. b:cute
  • Gonman - Sanctuary
    Gonman - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i have a question: i am new to the veno class and have played PWI for two years. i am getting the hang of it, but how\where do you get pet collars to rename ur pet? i know this is prolly a really stupid question, but ya i would like to know.
  • Lady_Tsubasa - Raging Tide
    Lady_Tsubasa - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You can buy them from Mrs. Zoologist in Arch for 10k. Although ppl also sell them in City of the Lost but its cheaper to get them from Mrs. Zoologist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Densetsu- BM - 1x, Lady_Juliet - Wiz - 1x, Shivahime - Sin - 0x
  • oiglesia
    oiglesia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ok so I'm a lvl 27 veno and I was on tideborn map because I wanted to tame a pet but for some reason I can't tame not even a lvl 10 pet so I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue or not
  • LinneaSage - Raging Tide
    LinneaSage - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    oiglesia wrote: »
    Ok so I'm a lvl 27 veno and I was on tideborn map because I wanted to tame a pet but for some reason I can't tame not even a lvl 10 pet so I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue or not

The pet has to be tameable, to begin with (a yellow or green icon next to their name--not red, which means it's higher level than you). If it doesn't say it's tameable, you can't tame it.

Secondly, at level 27, you can kill level 10s pretty easily without trying to. If you don't damage them first, more often than not, the taming will fail. I had this problem when I was trying to tame a Varicose Scorp...kept one-shotting it, so I tried taming without hitting it first, but it wouldn't work :\. If this is the case, try unequipping most or all of your armor, and maybe just hitting it with your fists :x. Get it down to half-health or less, then try taming. You're a high enough level that it shouldn't do too much damage while you're trying to get the tame spell off.

If it still doesn't work, then I'm out of suggestions b:surrender. I've never really had a problem with taming before, aside from the initial confusion.
  • oiglesia
    oiglesia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah I have never had this issue before, when I was lvl20 I could tame lower lvl mobs but now is a different story and I have tried going lower so I thought it was because they're tideborn
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If this is the case, try unequipping most or all of your armor, and maybe just hitting it with your fists :x.

I found unequipping the weapon to be sufficient for that. Maybe dungeon armor adds damage, but normal armor doesn't.

I even kept the rings, as "hitting monsters with fists" doesn't profit from +magic anyway.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • DesikVice - Lost City
    DesikVice - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What has happened to the Seamonster Guardians?

I can't seem to find them anymore.
  • trogdor
    trogdor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    At what level do psychics qualify for pets?

I'll take a Psychic as a veno pet b:chuckle
    that the new pk? tame the tideborn instead of finishing them off?
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Their name is different before they become pet?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • LinneaSage - Raging Tide
    LinneaSage - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Ebony Hellduke = Seamonster Guardian.

Name changes after you tame them.