Does Customer Support Exist in this game ?

Options
cyric79
cyric79 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
I ask this question, because I have had a number of problems with items disappearing when I log in into my characters (I am new to PWI by the way).

I have tried to use the so called "Live Chat" support option on a number of occasions, but no matter when I did, I always was referred to an email support option. I would point out that the majority of my times trying to access live support was during regular operating hours. How is it that the designers are able to advertise live support when their doesn't appear to be any ?

In any event, having completed the form, it took on average two weeks to receive response, and at present I am still awaiting for them to conduct their so called "Investigation". I am not hopeful for any resolution, but have decided that it is probably best to cut my losses at this point.

I raise these questions, because I know that players spend hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars on this game. To make that type of investment with such abysmal customer support to me is appalling. You could login to your thousand dollar character to find them naked (Not ****) just missing equipped and inventory items and who knows if you would ever get a response let alone a resolution.
Post edited by cyric79 on

Comments

• Cryin - Heavens Tear
    Cryin - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    cyric79 wrote: »
    I ask this question, because I have had a number of problems with items disappearing when I log in into my characters (I am new to PWI by the way).

I have tried to use the so called "Live Chat" support option on a number of occasions, but no matter when I did, I always was referred to an email support option. I would point out that the majority of my times trying to access live support was during regular operating hours. How is it that the designers are able to advertise live support when their doesn't appear to be any ?

In any event, having completed the form, it took on average two weeks to receive response, and at present I am still awaiting for them to conduct their so called "Investigation". I am not hopeful for any resolution, but have decided that it is probably best to cut my losses at this point.

I raise these questions, because I know that players spend hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars on this game. To make that type of investment with such abysmal customer support to me is appalling. You could login to your thousand dollar character to find them naked (Not ****) just missing equipped and inventory items and who knows if you would ever get a response let alone a resolution.

Why didnt you send an e-mail then ?? They will answer you ASAP, oh and btw, PWI doesnt give your items back, its your responsability to keep your account safe ...

Try again Costumer Support
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Only love breaks a heart." b:thanks
  • cyric79
    cyric79 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    In any event, having completed the form,
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why didnt you send an e-mail then ?? They will answer you ASAP, oh and btw, PWI doesnt give your items back, its your responsability to keep your account safe ...
    I have had a few items disappear from my inventory & not cause I was giving away my info or got ****. But just cause of a game glitch after the big maints. Got responses but nothing bk ._.
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    what makes reference to your glitch, i think it's almost (i repeat, almost) impossible to be a server's bug, since, as i know, you are the only one who's saying this. Make sure you really have those items before logging out and see them disapear after logging. Also make sure nobody but you knows your password (i think you can change it)

Note that there are some items that expire in time, but it's allways pointed on the item description (something like "Time Remaining: 30 minutes")

And it also happens to me that every time i try to go to live support chat, i go to submit a ticket instead. I want to know if there's any schedule for that too.
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wall of inane text

1zvws5w.jpg
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary
    VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @Alexenokin
    just a quick question: u racing with someone who gets higher post count at the end of the day?
    In every thread i look i can see ur non-sense **** posted. Maybe first try to read post?
    My in-game name is:
    V i l k a s P i l k a s
    where l is L b:victory

Sorry for my bad english b:surrender
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    From my own experience customer support is more than adequate when using this game's ticketing system. You should realize that perfect world has in no way advertised 24/7 hold your hand support and you shouldn't expect it.
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @Alexenokin
    just a quick question: u racing with someone who gets higher post count at the end of the day?
    In every thread i look i can see ur non-sense **** posted. Maybe first try to read post?

do a little background research and you'll see what i'm referencing on both sides of my post

also, do some background research as to who i am before making [false] assumptions b:cute
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    do A Little Background Research And You'll See What I'm Referencing On Both Sides Of My Post

Also, Do Some Background Research As To Who I Am Before Making [false] Assumptions B:cute

Troll! 8910
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Never tried live chat myself, but I've sent plenty of tickets, mostly about cube of fate shenanigans. I always get a response in a day or two, which is more than acceptable for me.

@OP: I don't believe that items are simply "disappearing." Either you misplaced them, sold them, or someone has your account info. If you are in a faction, and they have a website w/forum, did you use the same log-in info as you do for the game? If so, a forum mod would have a pretty easy time stealing your stuff.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Live chat has been going through some "hoops" lately as the website and other things have been getting updated.

Please be patient, we're working on smoothing things out.

All tickets do get read and replied to. Some have to be researched way more in depth then others. Check your spam and junk email folders to make sure you get our replies.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    2 tickets, 1 3 weeks old with the it will be dealt with by the end of the week statement for the past 3 weeks and nothing and 1 2 weeks old without a peep and I am not the only one. considering these are game related issues a simple response or even followup on what was said would be nice. as far as the new forum look b:spit hurts the eyes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited March 2010
    Options
    We work with the devs in China and communicate issues daily.

CS/TS waits on some things just as you do, and we apologize for the wait. b:victory

Feel free to contact Customer Support again in a day or so if you want to follow up.

If a ticket reply that you get requests that you wait for X amount of time, please be patient. Check the forums and patch notes for fixes that may be relative to your issue from time to time.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    will do but i have been following up for weeks and the one ticket nothing has been sent in response so nothing to followup, the other i have followed up 2 times and have gotten the same response

Ticket sent 02/2/10 -

response 1 - 02/4/10

"Hopefully we will have those issued by the end of this week. We apologize for the inconvenience and if you have any other issues please feel free to contact us anytime.

Customer Service"

email sent asking about it on 02/19/10

response 2 - 02/22/10

"Hello,

The coupons should be issued this week. We apologize for the inconvenience and if
    you have any other issues please feel free to contact us anytime.

Customer Service"

and the event ended on January 13th

i will check up again but i am not the only one receiving this and waiting for what is almost 2 months. oh and it is not from this account if you try to research using this one

i will send another reply again

in terms of the on for gameplay i will attempt to follow up but without even a 1st reply makes it slightly difficult
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ladykirika
    ladykirika Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Is there a way to contact GM in game? I had opened a ticket a while ago and PWI responded and told me that a GM will contact me. But... no GM ever did and I don't know how to contact a GM. b:sad
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I've sent in a ticket about a month ago, got a reply 3-5 days later saying basically, "We will look into it." Never got a reply back after that. Is that an infamous "we really dont care line?"
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    See, this is where you got lost, the amount you spend is directly proportional to the quality of service you receive. Next time, try opening your ticket with a billing related issue and quietly incorporate your real problem to the point where they deal with the real problem to get your money.
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Troll! 8910

that's one side of me, yes. research further and you might just be suprised
  • darthpanda16
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I am a Tech Support Sith Panda, so I can't speak for the CS people, but things can take awhile because of the layers in departments here in the US and in China.

We do not disregard the issues, we care very much and we push for things weekly to try and get things resolved.

Sometimes there are successes, sometimes there are delays.b:victory
  • Latentkarma - Lost City
    Latentkarma - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I am a Tech Support Sith Panda, so I can't speak for the CS people, but things can take awhile because of the layers in departments here in the US and in China.

We do not disregard the issues, we care very much and we push for things weekly to try and get things resolved.

Sometimes there are successes, sometimes there are delays.b:victory

Come to the Light Sith, the dark side holds no pleasures for one such as you.
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I received an email relating to a ticket I sent in 2 weeks ago. I was told to contact a GM when I'm online in the game. I have world chatted for a GM, clicked on the GM button in the game which leads me to the Live Chat and which in turn leads me to the ticket sending page again. Things seem to be going round and round in a circle without end.

I live in the Asia with a +8 GMT time difference. I have to be online at 0100 hours (+8GMT) to coincide with 0900 PST to make sure it is official PWI hours. I made the effort but is there even a GM in the game or is it just a myth that there are GMs?

Please advise how I can contact a GM in the game short of spamming world chat to get one's attention. Please bear in mind spamming world chat is using teleacoustics bought from the boutique. Spending more money to try and get a GM's attention in the game with no guaranteed results, that's a rather efficient way of making us spend more and not solving our problems. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I received an email relating to a ticket I sent in 2 weeks ago. I was told to contact a GM when I'm online in the game. I have world chatted for a GM, clicked on the GM button in the game which leads me to the Live Chat and which in turn leads me to the ticket sending page again. Things seem to be going round and round in a circle without end.

I live in the Asia with a +8 GMT time difference. I have to be online at 0100 hours (+8GMT) to coincide with 0900 PST to make sure it is official PWI hours. I made the effort but is there even a GM in the game or is it just a myth that there are GMs?

Please advise how I can contact a GM in the game short of spamming world chat to get one's attention. Please bear in mind spamming world chat is using teleacoustics bought from the boutique. Spending more money to try and get a GM's attention in the game with no guaranteed results, that's a rather efficient way of making us spend more and not solving our problems.

firstly, that red is extremely hard on the eyes...

ontopic:
    while ingame, use the GM whisper
    /GM [insert message here]
    if there's a GM online, it will whisper them
    if there's no GM online, it will show the generic "player is offline" message
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    firstly, that red is extremely hard on the eyes...

ontopic:
    while ingame, use the GM whisper
    /GM [insert message here]
    if there's a GM online, it will whisper them
    if there's no GM online, it will show the generic "player is offline" message

Doesn't work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Doesn't work.

;shrugs; oh well, its a feature that exists, figured i'd throw it out there