Increase on lvl 3 guilds?

Options
WildSpirit - Sanctuary
WildSpirit - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
I've had a few chats on some players wishing that the max members in a lvl 3 guild can increase there members, sure I agreed to most of it, some guilds like being in ones they know with friends perhaps. I've seen a few guilds that have max members for lvl 3 even though they wanted to recruit more they couldn't. = ( Perhaps on the next patch or something there can be an increase in guild members? Most of those who are guildless always get random guild invites over and over, refuse or accept it never stops.

I guess I'll put this up for a poll vote if the lvl 3 guilds should get more players. It is up to you whether you click yes or no. But even for some players it might help to recruit.
Post edited by WildSpirit - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So how does random players getting spammed by random faction invites have anything to do with increasing the number of members a level 3 faction can have?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't mind the random faction invites, actually, but that's off topic.

Part of the limit I believe was a bit of a way to control the factions...eventually they assumed there would be more than 200 people that were really powerful, so one faction wouldn't be able to take over everything. If this was implemented, most likely a few months later people would be asking for a limit so the big faction doesn't just take ALL of the best people, without ever filling, and leaving everyone else out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Max TW defenses a guild can have 1 night is 3. With 200, if all 3 attackers are strong guilds, they could lose a fight, even if my some miracle all 200 showed for TW. If you increase this to 300, you'll never take down the strongest guilds. The 200 max is a limitation for TW.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    TW. Enough said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Fryckie - Sanctuary
    Fryckie - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yes the limit is for TW, but all they have to do is not let factions compete in TW if their member limit is higher than 200.

I like keeping all my alts in one faction. Everyone has 8 character slots, and if everyone in the faction likes all there characters in one faction as well, there can only be 25 different people in one faction? Seems a little low to me.

Personally I would like to have all factions have an unlimited number of members, but limit the number of members that can enter TW, this could have some problems with it.

However, if at you could decide at faction creation weather the faction would a TW faction or a non-TW faction you could just limit the number of members for the TW factions. This might get complitcated with there all ready being factions. But if you added an option to switch to a TW faction or a non-TW faction this could work. Non-TW factions would need to make sure that there current number of members does not exceed 200 before making the switch. The switch could also have some penalties like a cion fee, or (knowing PW) a CS item.

They might have to make some changes to the TW if they add this in (and reinforce them) to get it to work right.

Not saying this will be easy to do or even possible, just an idea to let factions have more players in them.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Umm..Max number of people in a TW for one faction is 80.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Max TW defenses a guild can have 1 night is 3. With 200, if all 3 attackers are strong guilds, they could lose a fight, even if my some miracle all 200 showed for TW. If you increase this to 300, you'll never take down the strongest guilds. The 200 max is a limitation for TW.

need other uprising guilds to help gank the bigger guilds on tw nights so we can bring ya down =p

we were doing well tonight apart from when Tao finished there other tw's and flooded us >_< this is why 300+ members per guild is stupid
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I like keeping all my alts in one faction. Everyone has 8 character slots, and if everyone in the faction likes all there characters in one faction as well, there can only be 25 different people in one faction? Seems a little low to me.
    So because of you and others that are uncapable of playing 1 or 2 chars at most, you want them to give unlimited faction slots so you can guild as many alts as possible? Sorry, your entire arguement is null.

If a faction allows alts inside, then its their own fault for not having enough room for the max 200 members they could have. That number is more than enough, and i doubt you'll actually 'mingle' with all of those players. Even if you are that social, theres friend list. Simply build a second faction, shove everyone and their moms in it and create chatrooms so you guys can talk between factions. Its what alot of people do when they wanna log into their alts that arent in their main factions. Just open the faction chatroom and ask the players you usually talk with to join aswell.

Instead of asking the game designers to change the game to fill your needs, use the already available in-game features and reach the exact same result.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I would like to see lvl 3 factions having 150 max players. TW is the reason, on too many servers one guild get the whole map.
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    kenlee wrote: »
    I would like to see lvl 3 factions having 150 max players. TW is the reason, on too many servers one guild get the whole map.

if you're gonna lower the member cap, put it at 160- enough to fill up two TWs

that way, when they have to contend with three TWs, they're **** out
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ok, make it so that you can have 300 members, but let guilds choose when to stack their attacks against the dominant guilds.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's not good.

TWs are limited to 80 people, so limiting the amount would pretty much destabilize the TW scene as it is. Bad factions shouldn't be able to win land just because the other faction was able to only send 10 people to face the other faction.

Also, increasing it would create for, yet again, a worse situation for TW as the top faction could afford to spill more of their people on TWs, dominating even more.

I say it's good as it is.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's not good.

TWs are limited to 80 people, so limiting the amount would pretty much destabilize the TW scene as it is. Bad factions shouldn't be able to win land just because the other faction was able to only send 10 people to face the other faction.

Also, increasing it would create for, yet again, a worse situation for TW as the top faction could afford to spill more of their people on TWs, dominating even more.

I say it's good as it is.

agree with this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    why is this even an issue, its common sense, especially if they are in a lv3 fac they should know what would be the effect.

small wonder the rules of conduct are so long, some pple lack it -.-;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Filling factions with alts is one of the best ways to destroy a guild. Indulging on the whims of people whose gameplay isn't consistent enough to decide on one main is no reason to unbalance TW. Also, large land owning guilds tend to dominate in other aspects of the game as well, since they can provide membership incentives that allow them to recruit players profficient in PvE, merchanting, Pking, etc.

As things stand, lack of enforcement for TW rules has already proven unbalancing. What the OP suggests would make matters much worse and encourage further concentration of power with all of it's disastrous effects,
  • WildSpirit - Sanctuary
    WildSpirit - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    kenlee wrote: »

Well 1 guild shouldn't just get the whole map if that happens it would almost be just as easy to reset it, I was partly referring to those that don't prefer TW can still have more members w/out the need of it. I understand for those who don't prefer the guilds that have TW to have an increase in members, I was expecting more like let the non tw user guilds have more members at least a few not like it has to increase 10 fold lol. And yes even those who would like an increase in guild members the attack or defends can stay the same with a limited number of players who go into tw.
  • Vorawrcious - Harshlands
    Vorawrcious - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Raising guild limit higher would only cause the most powerful guilds to become even stronger. More players would just flock to the strong landholding guilds.

If anything the number of players in a guild is way too high. 100 or 150 player max would make for better TW's espirience. Upstart guilds might stand a chance if they didnt have to go up against powerhouse guilds with 200 level 90+ players.

I would go so far as to suggest GM lower the max amount of players in a guild by 10 every month, till its max 150. Watch how interesting TW would get and how wild the maps get with changing colors, after lower limit. The simple fact that a guild took over and defended the entire map means the limit is too high.

Righ now most guild that bid on land would be no worse off if they just flushed that 500k down the shytter. No hope. The less hope the less even try so the strangle hold on map remains. The less hope to enjoy TW means the more likely poeple will become bored or frustrated with game and inevetably quit. The more people compete in TW the more money they going to spend on refines and the like. Am i wrong in thinking lower guilds max might increase revenue and keep more players inspired.
  • ladykirika
    ladykirika Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Guilds should be limited to just 100 or 150 people. It'll make TWs more interesting.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ladykirika wrote: »
    Guilds should be limited to just 100 or 150 people. It'll make TWs more interesting.

Yup if anything guild player limit should be lower not higher.. and also make a defender no-showing for a TW lose 2 lands not one :P

• Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think lvl 3 factions should be able to hold more people, or upgrading factions should be a little bit cheaper, and able to go past being level 3. I know there are a lot of level 1 and 2 factions out there with a lot of good players, and are gaining more each day, but what if the faction leader can't upgrade the faction because of insufficient funds? Then they have to make 12 mil total to go from level 1 to level 3 just to cap out at 200 players.

But saying that, of course, the total amount of players spread out through 3 TWs would be capped at 150-200, so no faction can have a full 240 defending all 3 attacks if it happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.