My gear: A work in progress

Options
Nukesrus - Harshlands
Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Wizard
EDIT: Good idea, guys.

Fixed: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=edbef00de66afd0f

Help plox. Remember, I'm a poor college kid on a budget.
Post edited by Nukesrus - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    "in progress" taken to a new level.

Should probably censor that somehow before a mod notices, btw.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Destini - Dreamweaver
    Destini - Dreamweaver Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    *stabs PWIcalc*

But yeah...while I do go by the saying "censorship is the bane of creativity", might want to use...%@#@$#%@#@$'s instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Of course I want to make you giggle, but this is serious. b:chuckle

Other Characters:

Ivy_>Psychic>Level 92>Sage>Active
    Serenata>Venomancer>Level 44>Inactive until further notice
    Avocet>Cleric>Level 25>same as above
    Descorian>Blademaster>Level 5> The love child of Destini and Escorian...but I hardly play her...b:surrender

PS: Caffeine Detox sucks!
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Epic gear.b:dirty
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • Magical_Orgy - Lost City
    Magical_Orgy - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    whats with the mediocre gear and epic tome?
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    My Mage I believe I have one of the best builds for the non-cash shop goers. Obviously my +7 gear can be toned down to 5 and I did cash shop my weapon to 10 during the sale, but good gear is necessary on a mage. Don't expect to have +3 armor and tank the world like barbs, or have a phoenix and destroy everything like a veno.

Event items are almost necessary, if you dont have them it really shows. The helmet I think is my most valuable piece, followed by rings then boots, but I also have the ability to farm money in HH. And I got lucky. Rings can be replaced by crit or HP and boots can be replaced by HP/Pdef past boots. Helm can be replaced by a past helm, but the defense and hp on it is amazing.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    - Necklace is good, refine it higher when you can afford to do so
    - Cape.. should be easy to improve, look for a 77/87 one with HP/vit/mag and some sockets
    - If you can get past culti's done, past 2/3 belts are decent, if you +2 them they add a nice amount of HP and pdef
    - Considering your low HP I'd say look for some lv88 HP rings
    - Replace that top... the 88 mold top isn't bad, should be able to get one if you don't want to farm hh90, otherwise just stick to hh90 for extra HP
    - do your OHT daily for tears and make yourself some boots or try buying them in the auction house/from guildies, 80 HP and 2 sockets is easily improved
    - put a shard in weapon, lol. I put a flawless in mine back at 90, was supposed to be replaced but never got to that
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    - Necklace is good, refine it higher when you can afford to do so
    - Cape.. should be easy to improve, look for a 77/87 one with HP/vit/mag and some sockets
    - If you can get past culti's done, past 2/3 belts are decent, if you +2 them they add a nice amount of HP and pdef
    - Considering your low HP I'd say look for some lv88 HP rings
    - Replace that top... the 88 mold top isn't bad, should be able to get one if you don't want to farm hh90, otherwise just stick to hh90 for extra HP
    - do your OHT daily for tears and make yourself some boots or try buying them in the auction house/from guildies, 80 HP and 2 sockets is easily improved
    - put a shard in weapon, lol. I put a flawless in mine back at 90, was supposed to be replaced but never got to that

Thanks for the advice. I did shard my weapon today, but it could use immacs. Just needa farm some cash.

Also, the tome is a direct result of luck, so don't let it fool you.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I would have sold the tome and gotten lunar rings insteads.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • /Krue - Heavens Tear33
    /Krue - Heavens Tear33 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Those rings...

Upgrade them to rings of, or near your level.
    I would look for either -channel, or +HP addons.

Since you are on a low budget, look for +HP.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You people act as if those rings are easy to come by. I haven't seen a single one on the market for the past few weeks since the coral packs disappeared.

Until then, you might as well look for 3* rings with lots of +magic atk adds for cheap, and save up money until some kind of pack brings those lunar rings back.

Don't sell that tome. I'd kill to have one.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The tome is bound, and has been since the day I got it.

I love that thing. I share it with my cleric alt, too, via the account stash.
  • Dvalinn - Lost City
    Dvalinn - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Do kids' homework -> money -> +12
  • Destini - Dreamweaver
    Destini - Dreamweaver Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I want your tome. Well actually, I want your tome combined with the +45 vit tome. That'd make for one hax tome (+45 mag and +45 vit...nom).

Anyway, get some higher level rings. I recommend HP/vit mods. HP/vit mods, along with crit is sexy too. (I'm a crit addict, what can I say?) Or channeling...whatever floats your boat. I have 9 rings I switch in and out of depending on what I need more at the moment...yes, 9.

Get a nicer cape. A chromacy with decent mods work. Then if you get really lucky and find that wing trophy or elite feather (leather?) cape, then you can switch over. Another alternative is to get some mats and craft an OHT cape. Sometimes those come out very nicely. I have one that came out 3* (the level requirement went up because of it b:surrender) and I almost forgot that I had it (made it when I was like 93-ish). I refined it +5 and since it's grade 12, it refines oh-so beautifully.

Along with the belt--the OHT quest ones are fairly decent. Once again you can craft an OHT belt. If you're really lucky, you can come out with a +14 vit +7 str belt. Also, if you open Moonshade Desert at level 95, the quest belt is just...*drool* Okay, enough drooling.

Generally, work on your hp. Refine, switch out some of your old gear, get more than 3.6k unbuffed hp, and all will be gravy. And get a shard in that weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Of course I want to make you giggle, but this is serious. b:chuckle

Other Characters:

Ivy_>Psychic>Level 92>Sage>Active
    Serenata>Venomancer>Level 44>Inactive until further notice
    Avocet>Cleric>Level 25>same as above
    Descorian>Blademaster>Level 5> The love child of Destini and Escorian...but I hardly play her...b:surrender

PS: Caffeine Detox sucks!
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i thought my gear was bad, this made me feel much better....
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i thought my gear was bad, this made me feel much better....

That hurts, man, that hurts. :P

Thanks for the advice guys. Mostly the limiting factor here is money, but hopefully that'll change soon.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    That hurts, man, that hurts. :P

Thanks for the advice guys. Mostly the limiting factor here is money, but hopefully that'll change soon.

b:cutethats why you dont go demon.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Poptarts - Dreamweaver
    Poptarts - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I too am a poor college kid with little time to play and I'm also working on my gear. For your current gear, I suggest getting an OHT arcane robe that's 2** or higher with good pdef and hp mods. Another alternative is probably getting a 3*** Dialectician's Smoking Vest with also good mods, all resist and good amount of sockets. They're the same grade as a TT90 arcane robe and can go for cheap in AH.

oh btw, I also wanna ask if it's okay to shard equipments with flawless while trying to get immacs. My 90 gear's also not sharded yet because I'm trying to earn the money for it... but seeing it unsharded just gives me a strange empty feeling *pun definitely intended*

Oh yeah! and this is my very first pwi forum post b:bye
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You could even stick with flawless shards... a lot of people used g6/g7. immac's are still 1.5m per shard. In quite a few cases 3 g8's would cost more than the equip you put them in... I personally stuck with flawless shards unless it was endgame gear or just gear I'd use for some time. And I cash shopped a few times... definately nothing wrong with using flawless.
  • evilramen
    evilramen Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ofc nothing is wrong with flawless, after all, they are FLAW-LESS XD
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    im using flawless in pieces i dont plan to keep for long and immacs in pieces im keeping for a while. Pretty much what kris said.