what build now o.o?

Adversary - Sanctuary
Adversary - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Cleric
oke, this was the first char I ever made on pwi, but I stopped playing her because I liked veno more ^^' (veno is lvl7x now) I got tired of playing veno all the time so I decided to look after this lil cleric again :3 and her build is.. well.. totally screwed up atm...

I remember starting off with LA. when I got my fb19 weapon though I started pumping all into magic to be able to use that weapon b:embarrass so I couldn't wear LA of my lvl anymore...

then I switched half to robes to wear something of my lvl... >__> <__< >__>
I'm wearing robes atm, but my build is like b:cry
atm I have without gear:
vit: 28
str: 32
mag: 80
dex: 30

b:surrender it's horrible. wearing robes atm with la footwear.
I don't wanna remake this character. >.<"
so what does everybody advice o.o
I've been thinking that going LA is best due to my stats... but I would like some advice from higher lvl clerics ^^'

b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Adversary - Sanctuary on

Comments

• WyldeCleric - Harshlands
    WyldeCleric - Harshlands Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    oke, this was the first char I ever made on pwi, but I stopped playing her because I liked veno more ^^' (veno is lvl7x now) I got tired of playing veno all the time so I decided to look after this lil cleric again :3 and her build is.. well.. totally screwed up atm...

I remember starting off with LA. when I got my fb19 weapon though I started pumping all into magic to be able to use that weapon b:embarrass so I couldn't wear LA of my lvl anymore...

then I switched half to robes to wear something of my lvl... >__> <__< >__>
    I'm wearing robes atm, but my build is like b:cry
    atm I have without gear:
    vit: 28
    str: 32
    mag: 80
    dex: 30

b:surrender it's horrible. wearing robes atm with la footwear.
    I don't wanna remake this character. >.<"
    so what does everybody advice o.o
    I've been thinking that going LA is best due to my stats... but I would like some advice from higher lvl clerics ^^'

b:thanks

Hi There.... I am an Arcane Cleric....I chose my build like this....

6 magic
    3 vit
    1 Strength every 2 lvls

For Arcane your Str should be half your lvl +4 but I always aired on the side of caution and added the 1 more to Strength. LA Clerics sometimes have weak heals and weak hits. I would suggest you get 2 restat scrolls and take 27 from Dex and 12 from Str and put it all in Mag...Just my thoughts...Good Luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WyldeCleric Kick Your ****
    WyldeCleric Kick Your Face
    WyldeCleric kick Your Ballz Into OuterSpace b:bye

To My Wonderful Husband...xPENETRATORx I Love you Babes..Thank You for an awesome Signature!b:kiss
  • Pro_Cleric - Lost City
    Pro_Cleric - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Good advice Wylde, but if you do not wish to invest the coin, or cash in reset scrolls then there are still 2 options that I see open. One is to re-roll your cleric and spend a week or so getting it to lvl 3x, but the one I would choose personally is keep all stats where they are, and simply add 5 magic every level. Since the strength requirement for arcane armor is 1 str per 2 levels your strength will be exactly on the money at level 64. The dex is unneeded, but in my opinion, is not too big a deal as long as you do not add more to it. By adding 5 magic every level, and nothing else, at 64 your stats would be vit 28, str 32, mag 245, dex 30.........You could always look at the dex as 1% extra crit, or purchase a restat scroll for it later, when you decided you like the character.
  • Adversary - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Oke, so actually is should just keep adding magic to go robes?
    I mean, I know what I need for the different builds by now. *lvl 74 veno*
    She also has 30 mistatted dex points and I dont really care about them...

but there's no way of going LA? Or is that just fail as a cleric? ^^'
    I mean... for lvl 30 armour I need 34 str and 34 dex... that would get me back on track in like 2 lvls I gues :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Oke, so actually is should just keep adding magic to go robes?
    I mean, I know what I need for the different builds by now. *lvl 74 veno*
    She also has 30 mistatted dex points and I dont really care about them...

but there's no way of going LA? Or is that just fail as a cleric? ^^'
    I mean... for lvl 30 armour I need 34 str and 34 dex... that would get me back on track in like 2 lvls I gues :/

LA clerics can be bad, but that's due to skill rather than their build. If you don't want to restat or make another cleric, you can try going LA. I know some pretty good LA clerics out there. They often don't have as much healing power and damage (if you don't take crit rate into account), but they are less squishy and can take more hits than me. I remember meeting an LA cleric that had sharded her equips so much, that didn't even physical damage didn't hurt her very much... definitely not a squishy. You could still use arcane like I did... the 30 dex won't bother you much if you do not add more to it, but in that case you might want to restat later.

Also, concerning what Pro_cleric said... not really a good idea. ><

Unless you can find a lot of strength-boosting equipment, adding 5 magic every lvl will cripple you in that you can't wear stuff suited to your current lvl. Even arcane armour needs strength, just not that much. Ex: I need about 39 or 41 strength to wear lvl 70 arcane armour. It would be preferable for you to add in the strength you need and use the time to look for magic and vit boosting equipment. You'll really appreciate the boost you get by collecting +magic equipment and ornements rather than +strength ones.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Ivelliose - Harshlands
    Ivelliose - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Unless you can find a lot of strength-boosting equipment, adding 5 magic every lvl will cripple you in that you can't wear stuff suited to your current lvl. Even arcane armour needs strength, just not that much. Ex: I need about 39 or 41 strength to wear lvl 70 arcane armour.

But currently Adversary is short on magic not str, her str is good enough to equip level 64 weapons. The point of the advice was to add 5 mag every level UNTIL 64 then do the 1 str every other level.

Also, an inexperienced player here (only been playing for about 2 weeks), but from what I understand LA has NO ROOM for error and by that I mean the added vit has very effectively crippled the ability to go LA since LA NEEDS 3 mag/1 str/1 dex every level (as a budding LA cleric myself I know so far this holds true). If you want to go back to LA you will need to restat your vit down to 5 and redistribute those points as necessary to make ur str/dex both your level +4 and your mag 3*level +4.
  • Adversary - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    I don't have money to restat that vit so I've been **** around a bit on pw-calculator, if I keep on going with LA, I wont be able to use my wheel of fate and wear armour of my lvl.
    if I start wearing robes I will be able though.

I gues I'll start wearing robes from now on. Going with the same build as my veno.
    mostly magic and add vit when I die too much.

thanks all for the advice :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ivelliose - Harshlands
    Ivelliose - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I don't have money to restat that vit so I've been **** around a bit on pw-calculator, if I keep on going with LA, I wont be able to use my wheel of fate and wear armour of my lvl.

I gues I'll start wearing robes from now on. Going with the same build as my veno.

^-- *feels this is a good idea*
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Haii Deb if ya needed help with cleric ya could of asked meh b:chuckle would of been glad helping hehe ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Adversary - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    ^^' I asked Lia too :o but I forgot to ask u hun T T ?
    sorry T T
    lia said I should do LA.. but wanted to hear more opinions o.o
    ^^'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ^^' I asked Lia too :o but I forgot to ask u hun T T ?
    sorry T T
    lia said I should do LA.. but wanted to hear more opinions o.o
    ^^'

hehe np =p
    tried reading the other treads ? ^^ LA would be oke i guess xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • /Billion - Heavens Tear
    /Billion - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    seems pretty messed up =/

considering you need 1 str/1dex/3 mag EVERY LEVEL for LA build( NO room for vit which you have) youll be using stuff 10 levels under you until you reset =/

my advice, farm enough money for reset scrolls on your veno if the chars worth that much to you or reroll it =/

you could just pump magic (5 per level) and use robes. Its not as bad as people think. Just gotta be more careful around phys mobs...

I was LA up to 70 then restatted into an arc/vit build and its pro. I keep my str at just the minimum for my gear and i match my vit to my str.
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Watch out with the dex when you hit 60, 70 , 80. The uneeded dex might hurt there with the TT weapon requirments :S
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There is nothing wrong with going LA i thought about it myself as I like the TT80 LA gear more so than mag.I know a prominent LA Cleric on our server and he is known on these forums.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Adversary - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    I decided I'll go with robes :)
    at my veno I could use the TT60 and 70 weapon at her lvl, and she also has that 30 dex b:surrender

if it will be a problem I can steal some of my veno's +mag gear to make sure she can use it :3

thanks for all responses c:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]