archer arrows/shots question

Glitch_Bob - Raging Tide
Glitch_Bob - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
hi, me again. I'm thinking about starting an archer but i am concerned about how much arrow/shots i will be using. I will be doing the 1 str 4 dex build and have 2 questions.
1 can i use spells instead of arrows/shots?
2 how many arrows/shots (average) will i use to take down a mob at my level?
thanks for the helpb:thanks
Post edited by Glitch_Bob - Raging Tide on

Comments

• BookWorm - Raging Tide
    BookWorm - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Archers can't use spells like magic classes. However, you have thunder skills that (I think) do magic damage? Those skills require arrow/shot. When I fought mobs on my archer, probably took me 6-8 shots to kill it. It all depends on how you use skills like knockback so you won't have to suffer a damage penalty when it gets within melee range. Damage penalty = more shots needed.
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Arrows are incredibly cheap, so buying those isnt that big an issue. You can buy 5000 arrows, and youll make back the 5k coin you spent in a coupla mins (ie, basic arrows are 1 coin per arrow). Now, Archers do have some magic atks, but they still require an arrow/bolt/unit of shot. Save Barrage of Arrows (your ultimate skill as an archer). That skill uses 3 units of ammo per second, i believe (if im wrong, any archers out there please correct me). Also, make absolutely sure youre atking from max range. The farther back you are from the mob, the more dmg you can inflict on the mob before it gets too close.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Arrows are incredibly cheap, so buying those isnt that big an issue. You can buy 5000 arrows, and youll make back the 5k coin you spent in a coupla mins (ie, basic arrows are 1 coin per arrow). Now, Archers do have some magic atks, but they still require an arrow/bolt/unit of shot. Save Barrage of Arrows (your ultimate skill as an archer). That skill uses 3 units of ammo per second, i believe (if im wrong, any archers out there please correct me). Also, make absolutely sure youre atking from max range. The farther back you are from the mob, the more dmg you can inflict on the mob before it gets too close.

3 shots per iteration

arrows cost 2coin per shot(cheapest)

@Glitch

1.Archers dont have spells.
    2.It shldnt take too much.5 on average
  • AngelicArrow - Harshlands
    AngelicArrow - Harshlands Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Arrow cost is negligible, just use the basic cheap arrows for everything except pvp.