Pking in the cube of fate?

XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Now I know it's against the rules to do on like PVP servers but what happens if you do it on a PVE server for example I like to click while waiting for the loading screen because I dont like waiting to go. Anyways I noticed if your quick enough you can attack other players. What happens if you kill them? Can you get into trouble?
Thanks for the siggy Dorset
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
Post edited by XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Now I know it's against the rules to do on like PVP servers but what happens if you do it on a PVE server for example I like to click while waiting for the loading screen because I dont like waiting to go. Anyways I noticed if your quick enough you can attack other players. What happens if you kill them? Can you get into trouble?

It is bannable offense, but not sure if anyone has been banned for it.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It is bannable offense, but not sure if anyone has been banned for it.

Well then I should be more carful unless of corse it's my friend from msn cause I know we'll just laugh about it...............I wonder what he's doing on mondayb:laugh
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Accidents happen.

Ive had a few cases when you go to click move just as someone ports on your head and you end up attacking them, sadly if they are low level it can result in them dying.

Aslong as you are not intentionally attacking people then I cant see the problem
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yep, it is bannable. though some barb attacked me once, started whispering things like omg! did I punch you D: nyuuu I'm so sorry T T omg sorry sorry sorry

was pretty funny b:chuckle I gues people wont make a point of it if you don't one shot them b:laugh
    though some wiz actualy tried to kill me in there once -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary
    VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I dont see why this should be bannable. If this is bannable then every1 in pk should be banned if kills someone.
    My in-game name is:
    V i l k a s P i l k a s
    where l is L b:victory

Sorry for my bad english b:surrender
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I dont see why this should be bannable. If this is bannable then every1 in pk should be banned if kills someone.

From what I've heard, you can attack bluenames in there as well, as if it was one of the PK-enable cube rooms. That's why it's bannable on a PvE server.

In addition, there's no way for you to fight back, because of the loading screen, which also makes it bannable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary
    VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    im sorry, but why ban ppl for something that game allow u to do? its not like u **** someone.

First, i thought that it was a glitch. There were sent reports, umm..maybe a year ago. Still, we have same situation. So PWI not fixing anything that is not broken. So why ban ppl?
    Common sense.
    My in-game name is:
    V i l k a s P i l k a s
    where l is L b:victory

Sorry for my bad english b:surrender
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I also accidentally hit some1. But my physical attack is for laughing. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2010

It is not bannable for people in pk to kill each other because they are choosing to be in pk mode. People entering the Cube of Fate, however, are a mix. Those like me that are not in pk should not be able to be killed by other players, yet because of a glitch it is possible in Cube room one where you load in. Rather than fixing the glitch they have made it a bannable offense. And it should be bannable; even if you are in pk it is supposed to be a safe zone, and for people that have HP charms but load in slow they can lose a good portion of the charm before they get away.

A lot of people that use click to run accidentally hit other people; this is understandable, and generally they apologize when they hit me. It is the people that camp out the spot killing everyone that enters that should be banned. Just yesterday a cleric and assassin from the same faction were killing everyone, ticked my cleric's charm twice before she died as I lagged loading in. I went back over to them and screenshotted them killing other people and submitted a ticket about it. People should not be allowed to get away with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Same here, a few days ago, accidentally double clicked while i couldnt even see anything yet, and started hitting someone with weapon. Apologised on the spot, still the dude decided it was fun to follow me around till he had killed me 3 times.
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's banable because it's a bug, room 1 should NOT have PK-enabled. If you kill people there it's a bug abuse, therefore you can get banned.

- Amy
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    same here just today i went into the cube to my friends they had their wedding , and an archer started shooting i was saying to my friends im getting attacked and my barb friend he was running to the archer and went in tiger form when the archer saw him he said it was an accident but i dont think it was he almost made my charm tick b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The point is, you can pk people while they still see waiting screen. Never noticed the people stnading on your head when you just entered the cube? they still see the waiting screen and can't move. Still they can be pk-ed...

and btw, hea ninna :3 b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    im sorry, but why ban ppl for something that game allow u to do? its not like u **** someone.

First, i thought that it was a glitch. There were sent reports, umm..maybe a year ago. Still, we have same situation. So PWI not fixing anything that is not broken. So why ban ppl?
    Common sense.
    By this logic, pulling a certain BH boss through the wall and killing him when cannot attack you back is also "just fine" because, you can do it right? I assure you it is an exploitation of a glitch in the game and you can and will be banned for it, if you get caught. The same applies to attacking blue name players unless they have consented to a duel (obviously going to PK mode, or L30 on PvP server, makes them white name vs blue name). It is a glitch that you can attack a blue name player only just as they enter the Cube of Fate... you are only supposed to be able to attack them in rooms 14 and 34, but there's a very brief window when people just enter where you can attack them. Note that this is exploitive because: a) it's not in room 14 nor 34, it's in the lobby; b) the player has not consented to a duel; c) the attacke can be a blue-named char; d) the attacker gets first hit and the defender often doesn't even know they're in a fight because they were expecting to transition into an area; e) the defender has an even shorter window to make a counter-attack since the "Entering Safe Zone" usually activates in less than 2 sec. It seems the people I've observed doing this on Sanctuary are doing it quite intentionally to try aand 1-shot low-level players entering the Cube of Fate since they are standing at the transition point and clicking on everyone that warps in. They can attack by exploiting the glitch, but because they are blue-named attackers, they are safe from counter-attack.

So yeah, attacking players coming out of an area transition with no way to counter-attack = griefing = bannable offense.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Some idiot barb tried to PK me when I tele'd into the Cube a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't just some accident, either - he used one of his skills, a skill which, had he been my level, would have killed me in one hit, but since he was apparently in his 50's, didn't hurt too bad and I was able to get into the safe area. I was seriously annoyed, though.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • BIaze_ - Heavens Tear
    BIaze_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yes its bannable but its also fun to have a little fight with some friends/ kill people who are intentionally doing it b:chuckle (not saying i intentionally kill people in there ofc unless they intentionally attacked me first b:angry )

HF and arma kinda hurt in that little corner though b:laugh
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    By this logic, pulling a certain BH boss through the wall and killing him when cannot attack you back is also "just fine" because, you can do it right? I assure you it is an exploitation of a glitch in the game and you can and will be banned for it, if you get caught. The same applies to attacking blue name players unless they have consented to a duel (obviously going to PK mode, or L30 on PvP server, makes them white name vs blue name). It is a glitch that you can attack a blue name player only just as they enter the Cube of Fate... you are only supposed to be able to attack them in rooms 14 and 34, but there's a very brief window when people just enter where you can attack them. Note that this is exploitive because: a) it's not in room 14 nor 34, it's in the lobby; b) the player has not consented to a duel; c) the attacke can be a blue-named char; d) the attacker gets first hit and the defender often doesn't even know they're in a fight because they were expecting to transition into an area; e) the defender has an even shorter window to make a counter-attack since the "Entering Safe Zone" usually activates in less than 2 sec. It seems the people I've observed doing this on Sanctuary are doing it quite intentionally to try aand 1-shot low-level players entering the Cube of Fate since they are standing at the transition point and clicking on everyone that warps in. They can attack by exploiting the glitch, but because they are blue-named attackers, they are safe from counter-attack.

So yeah, attacking players coming out of an area transition with no way to counter-attack = griefing = bannable offense.

There's multiple PK enabled rooms in cube, the only one that is a glitch is the one in the very beginning of the room you first warp into. And that is likely due to over-lapping of one of the pk rooms.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It is against the ToS to grief others especially, but not limited to, via exploiting bugs or abusing the game mechanics. This includes PKing at the CoF entrance regardless of whether or not you succeed at killing any arrivals.

GMs do not and will not announce to anyone else on who got banned and for what (even the one(s) who reported them in and/or was a victim) so it's not often you'll find out their punishment unless they tell others themself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Everybody knows that PKing in the entrance of CoF is against the rules, otherwise they wouldn't do it. You don't generally know about a glitch like that, that isn't readily visible (pk enabling blue names w/o them turning white), and not know it to be against the rules.

People who try to claim they didn't know, are fulla chit and deserve their accounts to be perma-banned in my eyes.

~S
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It is against the ToS to grief others especially, but not limited to, via exploiting bugs or abusing the game mechanics. This includes PKing at the CoF entrance regardless of whether or not you succeed at killing any arrivals.

GMs do not and will not announce to anyone else on who got banned and for what (even the one(s) who reported them in and/or was a victim) so it's not often you'll find out their punishment unless they tell others themself.

very true. cept when the same person pk s you 3 times in one week at cube entrance, you report it each time, and you see them every day for the following month.... makes me think nothing is done about it.

i watched a GM just sit there while people were pk in at cube entrance for about 20 mins. she did nothing. maybe she was afk i really don't know. but this also makes me think that all tickets concerning this issue will continure to be ingnored. one guy openly said he was farming kills to get higher up on the pk list without having to go red. you don't go red and you can't drop items so he got maybe 20-30+ kills in about 20 mins without having to use safetylock or dolls.
    the good Starr
  • Ziliath - Heavens Tear
    Ziliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    except for the pk room that i have heard of where you must kill sumone to pass if you are ganked by a plyr in lets say the "jail" room is that allowed? ( i am not in pk) but was killed
    I am Tank! b:angry that means i take the dmgb:victory...wait that means i get beat up all the timeb:sad...OH GOD WHY ....MY WALLET!!b:cry *sigh repair bills b:surrender
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I dont see why this should be bannable.
    If this is bannable then every1 in pk should be banned if kills someone.

Nope, It is indeed bannable because you can only attack in cube corner due to a glitch,
    GM's are far too lazy to fix.
    And has been clarified by GM's far too many times, it's not allowed and bannable if proven.
    except for the pk room that i have heard of where you must kill sumone to pass if you are ganked by a plyr in lets say the "jail" room is that allowed? ( i am not in pk) but was killed

Yes, those rooms are built exactly for that purpose, either you need to kill to pass the room. Or just free PK, to make it.. harder I suppose.
    So must be careful venturing cube.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Oh boy i finally get to say it!.....Necro! Woot that was fun! b:pleased
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Oh boy i finally get to say it!.....Necro! Woot that was fun! b:pleased
    I need coffeeeee!. b:surprised
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    OMGZ ppl still play this game ???
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    very true. cept when the same person pk s you 3 times in one week at cube entrance, you report it each time, and you see them every day for the following month.... makes me think nothing is done about it.

i watched a GM just sit there while people were pk in at cube entrance for about 20 mins. she did nothing. maybe she was afk i really don't know. but this also makes me think that all tickets concerning this issue will continure to be ingnored. one guy openly said he was farming kills to get higher up on the pk list without having to go red. you don't go red and you can't drop items so he got maybe 20-30+ kills in about 20 mins without having to use safetylock or dolls.

You can drop items if PK'd in CoF entrance. Happened to a friend of mine(blue named.) There's a very small chance to drop, but it's still a chance and it happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    GM should announce that it's bannable and fix it. I almost use this to kill my leader (never kill anyone before, look at my lv, how can I kill anyone), but lucky, one of faction people tell me about it, so I give up the plan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • dragon1231232
    dragon1231232 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    How much time will be banned if kill some1 in 1st room in cube of fate?
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Closed for necro.
This discussion has been closed.