Psychic pvp

Options
GalenNn - Lost City
GalenNn - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Psychic
How would this work out? They are extremely strong against mobs but how good are thy against other classes? I'm wondering what classes thy prolly couldnt handle

also psy vs sin? how would that work out?
b:pleased
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by GalenNn - Lost City on

Comments

• Amatsuno - Harshlands
    Amatsuno - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Psychics deal relatively good magic damage on other players, I haven't gotten one to lategame levels of pvp yet, but playing on my psy as well as fighting other psys on my other characters they seem to deal damage fairly similar to that of a wizard.

Psychic vs assassin - sin wins.
  • GalenNn - Lost City
    GalenNn - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Psychic vs assassin - sin wins.

ok if thy are a fair distance and the psy has on soul of stunning and vengeance
    then how does it work out cause the psy can prolly take em out before thy reach them
    unless the sin uses stealth
    all i know is im always afraid to attack a tideborn
    thy must be a kinda pvp race
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amatsuno - Harshlands
    Amatsuno - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I wouldn't be afraid of attacking a psychic my level with my venomancer anyday. It's really the sins that you need to watch out for most of the time. With stealth, shadow escape, and their gigantic arsenal of deadly pvp specialized skills, you have a lot to worry about with them.

The thing with having a psychic and an assassin fighting is that the moment a psychic hits at the assassin, just about any "smart" assassin is going to shadow escape and sneak up on the psy. One he's got you stunned you're down.
  • DemonCaller - Lost City
    DemonCaller - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm playing psychic and i must say he's good in pvp and mob killing but it's true That Psy VS Sin psy losses almost everytime. Psy has very low physical res and i must say white voodo is a real **** that gives almost nothingb:victory
  • Titan_itachi - Raging Tide
    Titan_itachi - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    assassin is the best pvp class the only weakness i see is when they fight barbs .they do physical damage but unlike archers they have no magic damage skills at all which make them naturally weak against heavy armor .as for psychics we get psychic will and earth vector at 59 both are good at both pvp and pve .psychic will gives physical immunity for 5.3 sec at level 1 and 8 sec at level 10 .earth vector is an aoe stun that last for 3.3 sec at level 1 and 6 sec at level 10 this skill has a really low channeling time and really good to use when fighting other magic classes it also inflicts damage.
  • Glowfish - Lost City
    Glowfish - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    well, i'm not really a pvper but i duel out of curiousity.

i've won against an 85 BM...but only because i was lucky with my stuns.

same level sins are possible to beat, but only if they don't stunlock you. most times i lose. don't even bother with higher level sins >.<

sometimes I can beat a same level barbarian in a duel, but most of the time not.

never beaten a veno yet.

archers are easy ^_^

haven't tried duelling clerics or wizards recently.

p.s OP - aussie too? :D
  • Selador - Heavens Tear
    Selador - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You know what wastes a sin's tele stun skill? Soul of stunning. Try using it sometimes when fighting against a sin. It throws their combo off. Then counter stun them with maxed earth vector, which gives you the time to thrown in 3 free hits. If they survive after that, you have a choice of using maxed psychic will or glacial shards for a chance to stun again. I personally use psychic will and start a chain again before they get a chance to escape.
  • PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The thing that sins fail at? : Group work

I had three sins once try to gank me(with stealth)

I used Sandburst near some mobs they were at, followed up with Glacial Shards,Cancelled Knife Throw with Landslide, Let them get close and used Aqua Cannon, then that damned Deaden Nerves Kicked in, Just used Another Sandburst, (It was over, they were all lvl 76)serious oracled nubs b:surrenderb:surrender I still commend my powahb:chucklb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm the only Harpy, Who's Psychic and knows all!b:chuckleb:pleased

Live Life How You wish To Live It.

I love PWI, Teh Forums, and Konari b:thanks

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Because Sins start the battle 95% of the time, you'll get stun/sleep/seal locked of some sort. If you psychic will they must have shadow escape or some way to be immune/survive for 8 seconds otherwise they are dead xD... But I can counter psychics soul of _____ relatively well.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Because Sins start the battle 95% of the time, you'll get stun/sleep/seal locked of some sort. If you psychic will they must have shadow escape or some way to be immune/survive for 8 seconds otherwise they are dead xD... But I can counter psychics soul of _____ relatively well.

^ this, Soulburn is nasty though.
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    soulburn indeed nasty, but with a 2 second cast, kind of hard to nit get Interupted. Max interval sin would get 10 attacks in xD (or use sleep or stun as they are the fastest interupting skills)
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    soul burn is kinda obvious >.<

just a masive sighn on the psy that says to me "cast TE and sit around for 8 seconds*

however it would be nasty in TW on clerics catas or a zhener basicly anyone who has to use skills and CANT just wait it out
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    soul of stunning against melee class
    soul of retaliation for range class

the rest of the fight are the same
    soulburn is really strong if your target is attacking other people ;)
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Max out your DoT, combine with white voodoo and soulbrun = charm burn vs barb, they cant kill you unless zerk crit (or if you have about 4k5 hp and ~2k5 def unbuffed , they may not kill you even with zerk crit), you can stall a barb 5 level higher than you for about 1h+ and kill their charm (every DoT tick at my level is 700 hp for barb).
    DoT and use cauterize/bloodclot psychic will vs nix , it dies pretty quick, a veno w/o nix is simple task after that.

but that just my experience in pvp, I'm a sadistic type that like to torment others =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Glowfish - Lost City
    Glowfish - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    pardon my ignorance, but what skill are you referring to when you say "DoT"?
    b:surrender
  • Anemone_ - Harshlands
    Anemone_ - Harshlands Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    pardon my ignorance, but what skill are you referring to when you say "DoT"?
    b:surrender

When People say "DoT" they are referring to spells that tick over time for damage.

It stands for Damage Over Time.

I.E. our Sandtrap, or our less cool Torrent.
    Who doesn't love pie!?
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I maybe am one of the few Psy choose to max out my Torrent and Sand Trap as soon as I start doing PvP to make good use of white voodoo and soul of vengence ( other than me and Luc using them in actual combat in my server, havent saw any) the reason being Torrent and Sandtrap deal full damage regardless of your atk level or their def level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pinball_Map - Heavens Tear
    Pinball_Map - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I maybe am one of the few Psy choose to max out my Torrent and Sand Trap as soon as I start doing PvP to make good use of white voodoo and soul of vengence ( other than me and Luc using them in actual combat in my server, havent saw any) the reason being Torrent and Sandtrap deal full damage regardless of your atk level or their def level.

Oooh that's really good to know right there! Well lemme ask you this: Is the damage of Sand Trap and Torrent pretty good?

Also if you really want to be potentially indestructible then add Defense shards to everything lol. b:chuckle
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It is good, it's around 700damage/sec over ~12sec and I see barb charm tick, nix die during that DoT. People fail to see in long run since in short run the damage is low but after 10 sec, you see overally it's not bad while you won't get killed with white voodoo on. Ofc there is no need for you to use DoT if you opponent can get killed quickly in 3~4hit like fist/axe bm, sin or archers, but against barb with crazy gear and roughly 15khp +, it's unlikely that you can kill them with black voodoo on without getting killed first. So another tactic would be stall them and kill the charm instead. To fully use this tactic, you need a decent hp and def so that with white voodoo on, they wont be able to kill you even with zerk axe while you eating hp food heh.

Indestructible is overstatement, but you can stall all class in pwi with decent hp and def. I say I use all Garnet Shards on my all my gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selador - Heavens Tear
    Selador - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    After reading Hypnos's tactic at stalling a barb, I tried it 1 v 1 against a barb friend of mine who is 2 lvls higher with good equips. And I gotta say it works great and fun the first time. I aqua impact for a chance to slow, then use both DoT's, which brings the barb's hp down to almost half. I cast bubble from time to time along with psychic will and still get enough shots to build up chi, for another psychic will recast. At times I'd switch on stunning, and throw in an earth vector combo. So we did this for around 14 minutes until we decided to stop lol.

It's a good tactic I suggest some of you try it. b:victory
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i think psy dot are the strongest i use them on boss in fb/hh

they dont look like to make lot agro and do near same dmg as your single target spell
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Pinball_Map - Heavens Tear
    Pinball_Map - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I am quite curious as how to beat a cleric. I understand that I obviously am not 59 so I won't have the good skills atm but how do you actually beat them?

Psychics have no physical attack based skill and clerics do, and clerics have great magic defense as we all know. So can anyone plz shed some light on what I can do to beat them?
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I dunno, I eat them raw :o

well it's easier at level 59+ with earth vector and psychic will but still you can somehow manage to beat them before then

Soul of stunning should be put on as soon as cooldown finished
    use soulburn as soon as you can and spam DD, there are 2 possible reaction:
    1. They keep stacking heal on themself which lead to death
    2. They stop doing anything and eat food trying to live through your damage.
    if they choose 2nd, and still survive after your soulburn wear out, it now depends on situation,
    1. if they have less than 50% hp, spam DD while they stack healing and pray for crit. If you fail to kill them while the HoT start stackin, switch to white voodoo and stall, waiting for next soulburn
    2. if they have more than 50% hp, switch to white voodoo and stall waiting for next soulburn

repeat the process until you bored.
    Having good genie skill can help you kill them quicker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    Hycinth - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Pretty much what Hypnos said. Another thing if you wanted to try, is to use your Diminished Vigor skill. It'll reduce thier healing capabilitys of Iron Heart, HP food etc and buy you a lil time.

Ususally i just use black voodoo, vengance, soul of silence ,just for fun (doesn't seem to come in use much) and soul of stunning(put this on as count down starts). then smack em' with the soul burn and they basicaly kill them selfs on it in under 7 seconds or so, provided you hit the back. Works on sins, bm etc too so long as you have distance and can try to stun them before they get you. Barbs arn't too bad at times, stun em and keep distance. ^_^
  • Kyourimaru - Lost City
    Kyourimaru - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    How would this work out? They are extremely strong against mobs but how good are thy against other classes? I'm wondering what classes thy prolly couldnt handle

also psy vs sin? how would that work out?
    b:pleased

My experience with sins at the same lvl, is if my stun works i win, if it misses i loose by a small amount of hp.
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    For me psy vs sin, they tele out to ninja attack you.. run away and let someone else **** them. if they stealth their technically running away too and in a duel if u have to wait 3 mins before they attack you why waste ur time. most of the time it CAN just depend on your luck and skill the other half it takes a really fail oppenant. @lvl79 -> bm tried to hf me and i sparked and ***** him with a 10k hit. no problem there ;D. just watchy for a stun lock. archers- they stun u, u stun them get their high damage moves outa the way with soulburn or landslide. clerics are a biitch. psy will to take their plume shot out and soulburn cuz they wont know what to do if they is noobish. wizzie- if they 79+ purify undine strike and soulburn their sutra or when they mag resist up... **** them selves. barb with high hp can be a problem as it is the pure tanking class. stun spark **** and make sure they dont use turtle. venos- stun their pet and either kill that or their pet

/edit my bad didnt know some words were blocked
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    First let me say, I'm a pure magic Psychic. These thoughts are based on my own experiences and research.

Psy vs. Sin is a battle of foresight. In a duel it's going to come down to who foresees what, because that will lead into who gets a solid stun off sooner. Soul of Stunning alone won't do it. If they Headhunt you, you'll be stunned for much longer than the reaction-stun from SoSt which means they're back on the offensive before you. Not to mention Headhunt HURTS squishy magic classes. Your best bet honestly might be Soul of Retaliation. This way you protect yourself from a lot of the damage, and return an equal stun duration.

Now, here's the problem. In PK, an assassin is rather hard to deal with. You can see an attack coming in a duel, but a sudden PK is a different story. Assassins are the kings of this, and while I really hate to say it... if they fight you the way they're supposed to, they'll win at least 95% of the time at this. On the other hand, if we're the PKer, we can drop them in only a few hits. A sneaky Earth Vector followed by a few nukes, and they'll fall. Their magic defense isn't great, and neither is their HP. That being said, even if they were the attacker, they may drop if they **** up. But like I said, a good Assassin who lands the first hit will usually beat a Psychic.

As for Veno's...

If they're a HA Veno, they lost. Veno's HP isn't like a Barb's, so the lack of magic defense kinda makes it hard for them to win unless they got the drop on you... Against a HA veno I can 99% of the time drop them before their pet even becomes a factor. Except for the Nix I don't see coming in a PK...

If they're a LA Veno, I've still had no problems here. The last time I fought a LA Veno she was like 4 levels below me and I 2-shot her. She ranted at me about all the things that might have happened if I didn't kill her so fast, but... So yeah, I can't imagine a LA Veno beating my Psy in a straight fight unless she's notably higher level than me. Now, if she puts a Nix on me when I'm off-guard, then I'm a dead fish.

Robe Veno's will actually have good mdef, so its a little harder. Still though, I usually take them out rather quickly. Robe Veno's with strong pets are one of the few opponents who make me want to use Tide Spirit, just to speed up the assault before I get pet-pwned.

For duels, I don't recall ever losing to a Veno, but I also never dueled any Veno with a Nix, so I'll have to get back to you on that.

As for PK's, it's gonna depend on who attacked who. A Nix is a nightmare when you don't see it coming, a lesson I've learned the hard way. But, if I'm the one dishing out a surprise attack, that Veno is gonna drop. I keep mentioning Nix because that's the only pet that really scares me...
  • seitse
    seitse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    my psy is lvl 84 atm and i dont think, that a nix is a problem...well you get away and survive, but never really attacked back lol, cause they were like 90+ venos . you just have to be fast enough to get your psychic will on, and run..
    psy vs. barb: i really had problems today actually. without the turtle skill, no problems, with that, no way. he was only one lvl higher and i really was like wtf? I sure didnt use the DoT skills and useing soulburn is kinda new for me, have it first lvl 2. Ill max it someday and will see, if it really works that great
    psy vs. sin is doable, but you just have to know, when does he stun...you cant beat a clever sin lol. but if you have your psy will on, while stunning, its ok, and youre able to beat him. mostly i just think, i dont have enough sparksb:chuckle if you could do once earth vector, 2 sparks and then psy will (if he still is alive), it would be so awesome, allthoug its doable at lvl 89 i guess...
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    oh great...is necro again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Necro number two, comin' at'cha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
This discussion has been closed.