About ToP

darkerhumor2010
darkerhumor2010 Posts: 10 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
I prefered Second Wind to ToP because is instant but I'm thinking about changing. Basicly what I wanna know is: does it break your charm when the hp is increased? I mean if you are at 51% HP and you cast ToP, and the amount of HP you now have is below 50% of the new max, the "incresed bit" is filled with HP points or is it a gap that need to be filled and will tick your charm?
Post edited by darkerhumor2010 on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I prefered Second Wind to ToP because is instant but I'm thinking about changing. Basicly what I wanna know is: does it break your charm when the hp is increased? I mean if you are at 51% HP and you cast ToP, and the amount of HP you now have is below 50% of the new max, the "incresed bit" is filled with HP points or is it a gap that need to be filled and will tick your charm?

I'd say your charm will tick. I've heard so, but I don't use charms so not 100% sure.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • LingBanamu - Lost City
    LingBanamu - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Consider this, you have 510/1000 Hp, 51%, you use ToP and it increases your hp, for simplicity's sake, by 50% so now you have 510/1500 Hp, 34%. Your charm ticks at 50%, so it stands to reason that it would tick after the use.

So in short, the answer is yes.

-Ling

Edit: what I was getting at is your charm ticks based on percentage. What ToP does is it increases your max HP, which in effect will make your current HP a lower percent. If this percent drops below 50%, your charm will tick.
    I've moved to LC, perhaps permanently. Goodbye Sanctuary, I know that nobody there knows me. :D
  • Canadagirlx - Dreamweaver
    Canadagirlx - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just put it this way if you don't want your charm to tick and you're a squishy don't get ToP it'll tick every time you use it. b:pleased
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ToP's best use comes in Rebirth and TW. Those times when your charm might be ticking away and you still die. If your Charm is still on Cool Down & you're getting your butt handed to you, you pop ToP to make it to your next Charm Tick alive. It'll heal alot more then Second Wind, but will tick your charm most likely if your charm is ready.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I can confirm that tree of protection can cause your charm to tick.

However, if you have a LOT of hitpoints, the size of its heal is better than the size of the second wind heal (nothing like it used to be though)
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes it will tick your charm. But it's very nice healing option. MUCH better than second tree. It heal me much more that second tree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]