Bothersome Psy buffs

Ashzur - Sanctuary
Ashzur - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Psychic
After taking a bit of time to become accustomed to the psychic class I've found a few problems that I'd like to address, these are just thoughts by the way. I'd just like to point that out, just in case someone senses QQ.

The Duration of the Voodoo Buffs. The time alloted (15 min) seems a bit of a bothersome and unneeded cut-off for the purpose of what it delivers. Now I understand short buffs that have things like 90 second timespan or less, other classes have these kinds of super short duration things as well, and its definitely an interesting mechanic to use on the spot in battle.

The problem is the Voodoo buffs are not that, they aren't quick battle buffs that offer a new element to a battlefield, they are a longstanding buff similar to that of a Cleric's long lasting buff.

Now therein lies my confusion, because if these buffs last for more than a single battle(Which they do, even most bosses if not all do not take 15 minutes to end) then why make an annoyingly short cut-off time? I mean it's not really *that* bad, but it still strikes me as kind of nonsense. Even other classes now that I think about it have these kinds of skills, i.e. the Barbarian buff that adds poison damage to attacks is only like 10 or 15 minutes. Why not just make a base for these kinds of buffs at 30 minutes? Seems reasonable, and its not like anyone is getting an unfair advantage from it.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated, thank's for hearing me out even though someone might have already brought this up.
Post edited by Ashzur - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    No use complaining, i'm happy its not a minute long though, that was very annoying.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Ashzur - Sanctuary
    Ashzur - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well, I'm not so much as complaining as I am asking what kind of dynamic it strives to create.
  • Doujin - Sanctuary
    Doujin - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I wish it was a little shorter period actually... In Bh I like to put Black Voodoo, but in front of a boss it's really bothersome, I would prefer not to have any buffs to not pull aggro, hence to have BV go away.. Or maybe to add a sort that cancel BV-WV x)

Attacking once in a while isnt enough, if we make a critik then we pull aggro again...

10 min would be good, just like Soul buffs, we cast them all at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yllarius - Heavens Tear
    Yllarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree that there definately needs to be a cancel. Simply right-clicking on the buff icon or something would suffice.

I should be able to drop BV when I pull aggro. Not have to completely switch to WV.

If I switch to WV I lose the abiltity to kill the mob, placing myself in the hands of my party members, which are not always capable of saving me.

If I leave BV I die FASTER. But at least I get a chance to kill the mob.

Lately, if I pull aggro. I stop trying to drop it and just blast it as fast as possible. If I could just drop BV Then it'd save me a chunk of damage without completely killing my damage output.
  • Slashreaver - Heavens Tear
    Slashreaver - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    they used to be short. but to many people did not like that so it was changed to a longer buff.
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This the longer duration is much nicer than it previously was... So annoying... had to rebuff all the time...
  • Doujin - Sanctuary
    Doujin - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yes I totally agree, to buff it every minutes makes the skill so useless, but now it can hinder us from participating with all our might. A Debuff/cancelling would be so useful x)

*we players are never happy with what we have* xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i agree that a mean to cancel BV and WV could be nice, but short time buff no thx lol
  • Reico_M - Dreamweaver
    Reico_M - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This buff used to last 1 minute. It was annoying as hell, because it would run out and have to be recast constantly. Now if you turn on black voodoo in a run, you will be screwed because you will start drawing aggro all over the place, and have to nerf yourself with white voodoo, and become fairly useless.

With it lasting 15 minutes, the best thing you can do during any sort of dungeon crawl is to forget you have your voodoo skills entirely. Don't turn either on when you get in, unless there is an emergency, and either something needs to die really fast (mob attacking your cleric) or there is something attacking you, and you need to stay alive.

Sure, it can be a problem having it last 15 minutes, but it is much better than having it not last long enough. I couldn't count the number of times white voodoo ran out on me, leaving me to die a horrible death, or black voodoo would shut off, nearly halving my damage while I was trying to kill something.
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree that there definately needs to be a cancel. Simply right-clicking on the buff icon or something would suffice.

I should be able to drop BV when I pull aggro. Not have to completely switch to WV.

If I switch to WV I lose the abiltity to kill the mob, placing myself in the hands of my party members, which are not always capable of saving me.

If I leave BV I die FASTER. But at least I get a chance to kill the mob.

Lately, if I pull aggro. I stop trying to drop it and just blast it as fast as possible. If I could just drop BV Then it'd save me a chunk of damage without completely killing my damage output.
    At 6x, killing mobs with WV on shouldn't be that hard. That's what we have DoTs for. Yeah it will take a bit longer, but I was still able to solo mobs in bh51 with WV rather easily. With Torrent and Sand Trap at a reasonable level, killing with WV becomes rather simple. Not as time efficient as BV is but it works.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    just use teh opposite voodoo to cancel it out...
    b:surrender
    taking too much aggro?
    pow white voodoo = more defense and less aggro getting.
    not doing enough?
    pow black voodoo moar damage.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Probrably to add a bit of strategy to the class?

We either have extreme power or def buff while having an extreme nerf on the opposite, which i find kind of interesting. I like to think of it as our nerf, making it kind of a risk to use either of the voodoos.
    It's a matter of knowing when to flux them. b:surrender

(don't be fooled by the bm avatar i'm rerolling as a psy atm)