To CoD or not To CoD,thats the question.

Norvian - Lost City
Norvian - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Assassin
b:chuckle well its a question its been running out the forums alot here and there we all know Chill of the Deep (CoD) skill.

Reduces your attack speed 100%. Increases your Attack Lvl 30 at lvl 10

b:shocked 100% speed reduction at lvl 10!!!! Attack lvl +30 sweetb:dirty, i know ppl who like to in-between normal attack will hate it, but ok lets face it assassin where never meant to normal attack, if you have this skill on at maxed ull have the lowest dps rate possible in game, but it doesnt affect ur skill which they depend of Channel and cast speed not if attack speed, so why using normal attack when u can use that low mana cost skill called Twin strike instead, almost instant attack. really low cool down, that our inbetween strike.b:pleased CHOKING RIGHT? yeah i know thats not big knews, for some ppl...

So i belive correct me if im wrong plz...
doing some math.. lets say mob has 3k life, lets say u do 1k dmg with normal attack and u do 1 attack per sec, mob its dead in 3 strikes or 3 sec, lets say it hit u once doing 390 dmg. ok now lets say u did a crit in ur fist shot
that means did 2000k then then 1 sec later mob dead, it didnt had chance to respond.GOOD

in the other hand same mob but, with CoD on, lvl 2 to round numbers.

and lets say u feel like not sleeping or stun, teleing or something coz u feeling confident and u go straight up to it you start with lovely Slipstream Strike (lvl 9 at least which u should if u had CoD skill but even then lets say u have it at lvl 1) , you will end up doing 1773.5 dmg but with CoD on at lvl 2 , you will end up doing 18% more dmg, so u do 2093 dmg(with crit mob its instant dead), then twin strike at lvl 1 thats 1030.2 dmg mob is dead and mob couldnt fight back and even it did well...lets say it did 390 dmg well u are no gonna die oh and u ragained 2% tanks to blood paint..

now the way i often fight a mob its Shadow Jump,Tackling Slash as opening, or better, Shadow Teleport when u have it, well.

but since this hipotetical mob its not a biggy, u coud just Shadow Jump, Rib Strike, Twin Strike which im sure will be enough and will work just like Slipstream Strike, Twin Strike example. let do math

ok so you just tele and did did Rib Strike u do 2989.9 ~ 2990 without CoD... now with CoD thats 3528... mob is dead.. and even if for some reason it didnt the 27.5% Reduced attack speed will mean u could just Twin Strike mob is dead and no damge taken.

Just i rough example of how i believe this skill works plz help clear this out..

So CoD on = spam skills for DPH. best results in PvP.
Post edited by Norvian - Lost City on

Comments

• Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you're doing fine...

I used renewal powders and they kept me full HP and mana with proper skill useage. Without the use of CoD mainly because i want to invest into other skills first.

Level what skills in the priority you want. I plan to get CoD solely for PvP as that'll be skill spamming unlike what i do at mobs... then again i have completely stopped fighting mobs in general now (level 77 atm) so meh, instances have no use for CoD unless you skill spam there tooo. If you want to kill mobs using CoD go ahead, no need to let others tell you have to play your class as long as you're not doing something that hurts people other than yourself (outside of PvP >_>) You'll just burn A LOT more mana
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Norvian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    you're doing fine...

I used renewal powders and they kept me full HP and mana with proper skill useage. Without the use of CoD mainly because i want to invest into other skills first.

Level what skills in the priority you want. I plan to get CoD solely for PvP as that'll be skill spamming unlike what i do at mobs... then again i have completely stopped fighting mobs in general now (level 77 atm) so meh, instances have no use for CoD unless you skill spam there tooo. If you want to kill mobs using CoD go ahead, no need to let others tell you have to play your class as long as you're not doing something that hurts people other than yourself (outside of PvP >_>) You'll just burn A LOT more mana

yes its right its mana insted of HP wich decreases the chances for assassin to die. ive notice we sins get good amout of MP pool per lvl, b:pleased bet is coz of this i mean my INT its just 5, while my VIT its 5 too with gears its 17 right now and i have almost same amout of MP and HP.b:shocked and no, i dont CoD on instances.

oh and My CoD its lvl 2 right now.. and i wont be lvling till higher lvls. yes my priority has been and always be other skills, CoD its a good skill but to a must to max right away.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Why is CoD so hard to understand? You don't even need calculations for this. For everyday grinding, you are better off using normal attack's DPS w/o CoD since CoD reduces your DPS and constant skill spamming will cost a lot of MP. When you PvP, unless you have lots of -int gears, you'll be spamming skills for spike damages, which is when you want CoD since it increase skill damages without slowing channel/casting.

It can also be removed at will by just relog.
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    CoD only for pvp
    pve, just spark, bloodpaint and swing away.
    or at higher levels, you could grind aoe with CoD on.. b:chuckle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7jLMTXfHk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Norvian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    CoD only for pvp
    pve, just spark, bloodpaint and swing away.
    or at higher levels, you could grind aoe with CoD on.. b:chuckle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7jLMTXfHk

b:thanks yes ive seen the video
  • Norvian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Why is CoD so hard to understand? You don't even need calculations for this. For everyday grinding, you are better off using normal attack's DPS w/o CoD since CoD reduces your DPS and constant skill spamming will cost a lot of MP. When you PvP, unless you have lots of -int gears, you'll be spamming skills for spike damages, which is when you want CoD since it increase skill damages without slowing channel/casting.

It can also be removed at will by just relog.

yes i dont use it while grinding, just when i want to end with a quest fast, and i rader spend money on MP than HP. and the mob thing its just and example
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    For skill spamming in PvP, yes.

For killing mobs/bosses in PvE, no.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lynore - Sanctuary
    Lynore - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This skill sucks, it slows me down a LOT at lvl 1, i won't waste spirit and money for such useless skills, at lvl 10 you attack probably 1 time per 3 seconds. WTF?
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    what about CoD + potion what remove the negative effects? b:chuckle

(same like archer 59 skill+immunity dmg potion combo)
  • Sorjaixp - Harshlands
    Sorjaixp - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This skill sucks, it slows me down a LOT at lvl 1, i won't waste spirit and money for such useless skills, at lvl 10 you attack probably 1 time per 3 seconds. WTF?

maybe yu aren't reading this but i think we've mentioned that this skill is mainly for pvp use to deal the max output amoutn of damage in the shortest time considering that you will crit. and who the hell uses normal attack wtih this skill anyways
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:shocked Isn't it obvious to spam skill when activate CoD. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    b:shocked Isn't it obvious to spam skill when activate CoD. b:shocked

if u use apoc. potion then u can keep ur speed +30att lv, i think, but not tested.

something sure, for archer work the immune dmg+59 immune movement bloackage skill combo and u are immortal for + 7sec
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    if u use apoc. potion then u can keep ur speed +30att lv, i think, but not tested.

something sure, in archer cause work the immune dmg+59 immune movement bloackage skill combo and u are immortal for + 7sec

Doesn't work like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010

something sure, for archer work the immune dmg+59 immune movement bloackage skill combo and u are immortal for + 7sec

Chill lowers attack rate by 100%. Apothecary pills increase attack rate by 25%.

T3H MATHZ R FUNZ LOLZ.
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    Swaze - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Does not work like that. Although the a/r reduction is a pain, it in itself is not a debuff...more like a side effect. It is encompassed with the 30 attk lvl gain. It's the same concept as barb blood bath. They cant increase their acc.and hit an apoc pot to get their hp back
    1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Chill lowers attack rate by 100%. Apothecary pills increase attack rate by 25%.

T3H MATHZ R FUNZ LOLZ.

yea, mainly because i talked about rid on negative effects potion and not about 25% attack speed (or somewhere i ever talked about 25% attack speed???)
    Does not work like that. Although the a/r reduction is a pain, it in itself is not a debuff...more like a side effect. It is encompassed with the 30 attk lvl gain. It's the same concept as barb blood bath. They cant increase their acc.and hit an apoc pot to get their hp back

i see, so similiar than bm sutra too :/

i dont tryed this is why i asked, else maybe too op if u can purify the negative part of the skill XD

i think only this 3 thing not purifiable (exclude barb tiger form attack reduction but that different a bit): sutra,cod,barb acc buff (i talk about 4melee class).

(whatever maze step+immune damage pill must work XD )
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    CoD is one icon so you can't purify it or prevent it with movement debuff immunity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    CoD is one icon so you can't purify it or prevent it with movement debuff immunity.

...i dont got how comeing to cod the movement immunity.... (ok i got the answer to 1st part)
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited February 2010

U do have the option to not use it,kid.U have to learn it to unlock Rising Dragon Strike,which according to ecatomb.net info,deals quite a bit of dmg and gives alot of chi.

U aren't gonna normal swing with this atk when you're using it,you're gonna spam your skill since atk spd doesnt affect how fast ur skills are
  • Blackmail - Raging Tide
    Blackmail - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LOL @ the guy who said CoD is useless. Obviously, he's never been to TW.

IF the kind people of the forum haven't said it enough, allow me to get my moment of fame... CoD is used for PVP, and there's a reason why. Other than the fact that you'll use many of your skills for the debuff it gives, you'll also be trying to hit your opponent harder than they can hit you in the given amount of time. That being said, you dont have time to chip away at someone's Armor defense (barbs, bm's). You need to hit as hard as possible the first time, and gtfo if the assault doesn't work.

Especially for barbs, you want your stun attack to hit as hard as possible, you want your 100% accuracy chi regain skill to hit as hard as possible, and you want to let your sleep skill hit as hard as possible. All of this WILL be done WITHOUT the use of a normal attack.

The added bonus is that any squichy who comes by will get served up nicely.

And you say CoD has no use? Please explain.