Video of 2/21/10 TW EQ vs Cala

Chezedude - Dreamweaver
Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Tideswell (East)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8SGa8LZsdg

the video was recorded and edited by me.

credit to Mage_Fizban for music choices and everyone in Equinox and Calamity. b:victory
youtube.com/chezedude
Post edited by Chezedude - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Nice vid Cheze! b:victory
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It'd be nice if other factions who have videos up of their TWs to post them here, too. That said...

Everyone thinks Equinox has, like, levels and strategy and sh*t for our TWs. This couldn't be further from the truth.

We just send out Mr. Cheze to solo half their faction.
  • Xkat - Dreamweaver
    Xkat - Dreamweaver Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Chezepoo <3 I miss you guys! And nice video specially that one part where some archer got owned by you and goonie b:chuckle

Keep winning those TW's and keep owning people! =p
    My words of advice, lower down your expectations so that you wont set yourself up for disappointments. Expect low, aim high.

xkat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xkat - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Cheze is still a noob <3=). Nice video thob:laugh

Rottencheze ftw, keep ****.b:dirty

P.s. From Amarah =D
    My words of advice, lower down your expectations so that you wont set yourself up for disappointments. Expect low, aim high.

xkat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    And I see at 8:14...

Mizuoni:I got ninja'd

b:chuckle

<3 the first song
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I wanan win lottery and +12 all gear so i can be a "good" player too.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Xkat - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010

Jonas! When you do make sure to share some of the wealth my way so I can +12 all my gear so I can be good as well ;D

xkat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Cheze is still a noob <3=). Nice video thob:laugh

Rottencheze ftw, keep ****.b:dirty

P.s. From Amarah =D

That's "Mistuh Rottencheze" to you, ma'am.
    Heartstone wrote:

But Heartie's a good Assassin!
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    And I see at 8:14...

Mizuoni:I got ninja'd

b:chuckle

<3 the first song

ya i had level 100 sins chasing me all day b:shocked
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2010

b:surrender Same here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010

You need to +12 all Your gear to be good? well I'm fine with all my non +12s
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver
    BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You need to +12 all Your gear to be good? well I'm fine with all my non +12s
    He was being sarcastic...if you get what he meant.
    I am a Demon Axe/Fist BM and proud of it. b:victory

Played for 4 months between 09.21.09-01.18.10

Then quit playing a game that I had grown to hate every day. b:bye
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Dibs on Mr. Chezie's gear after he solos Harpy Wraith, gets bored with PWI, and quits.
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Interesting though ordinary TW vid, however that 1 split second had me crying O.O

You basically did a crit on everyone and even someone for 9,9k b:surrender

zrsrreqs.jpg
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
    edited March 2010
    Interesting though ordinary TW vid, however that 1 split second had me crying O.O

You basically did a crit on everyone and even someone for 9,9k b:surrender

zrsrreqs.jpg

lol now that you mention it, I just realized how many crits I did in there o.O including the crystal b:laugh
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    nice vid Cheze b:victory

But you know, gameplay like that can be dedicated to a number of Calamity members that have no idea what's the secondary effect of a Seal/sleep or that a Sage Barrage has a 33% dmg decrease to the caster ...
    I must admit I had a good laugh and at the same time I asked myself "Is there any skilled wizard left in Calamity?" ...

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    Centaura - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2010

I would Chase you miz but you'd see me and one shot me so uhhh ill chase someone who wont do that >D:, Nice vid Cheze you made me want to be a archer for like 9 mins but then i wouldnt be able to run around in stealth and make people wet themselves b:surrenderb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

-Proud Member of Vanquish
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    "Is there any skilled wizard left in Calamity?" ...
    I bet they got plenty of skilled wizards, those barrages can be sealed by clerics, venos or BMs too, stunned by them or archer, sleep by clerics but not to mention how hard is to tab between 80 targets.

Since you're mentioning skilled wizards, from the ones I knew well enough Wayne quit, Destini and CHILI left, I couldn't see Jedeye in the whole vid so I guess he didn't make the call and Almy is retired methinks?...

Now if you're wondering about the one that cried for cube buffs, cared only for his own stuff and logged in just to do dailies and demand a TW spot or fill. I think he went to other faction and then retired from the game or something like that.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    nice vid Cheze b:victory

But you know, gameplay like that can be dedicated to a number of Calamity members that have no idea what's the secondary effect of a Seal/sleep or that a Sage Barrage has a 33% dmg decrease to the caster ...
    I must admit I had a good laugh and at the same time I asked myself "Is there any skilled wizard left in Calamity?" ...

I remember last weekend we set up a zhen. 5 DBs and 3 BoAs at our gate. People kept on running through it though not stopping at all....most died though....

b:surrenderif i saw 5 DBs and 3 BoAs blocking my way i would turn around asap or at least fly over....
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    How do you setup BoA's at a gate o.o
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
    edited March 2010
    I remember last weekend we set up a zhen. 5 DBs and 3 BoAs at our gate. People kept on running through it though not stopping at all....most died though....

b:surrenderif i saw 5 DBs and 3 BoAs blocking my way i would turn around asap or at least fly over....

most people probably have people turned off and can't see it from a distance.
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    yeah ussually people and animations, or to the lowest point of animations, so only lead you got on a DB is a disco dance pose before you jump in and die b:cry
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • BelleFemme - Harshlands
    BelleFemme - Harshlands Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Lol I like how there were mages and archers trying to take out the barrage instead of the catas... and still failing to take out both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    I bet they got plenty of skilled wizards, those barrages can be sealed by clerics, venos or BMs too, stunned by them or archer, sleep by clerics but not to mention how hard is to tab between 80 targets.
    yup, right, and everyone was trying to do just that.
    Since you're mentioning skilled wizards, from the ones I knew well enough Wayne quit, Destini and CHILI left, I couldn't see Jedeye in the whole vid so I guess he didn't make the call and Almy is retired methinks?...
    I can name a few others, that were still in Calamity a while back, like Ozumaki and SurferGirl...but no one else comes to mind right now... I might have forgotten a few names.. And you mentioned Wayne? man, do you even remember what Wayne was saying to everyone who had interrupt skills before PvP TWs?....yeah....
    Now if you're wondering about the one that cried for cube buffs, cared only for his own stuff and logged in just to do dailies and demand a TW spot or fill. I think he went to other faction and then retired from the game or something like that.
    Now, if you really want to be a bish no one can stop you. But just FYI, I never demanded a TW spot or a fill. Before quitting the game (leaving Calamity) I was the third wizard in lvl after Jedeye out of a insane number of 8 wizards spread on 20 lvls Calamity had back then and very probably the best equipped out of all of them.

And last time I checked you're not my mother so I have a slight feeling I don't need to answer to you about my ingame time. I was in Calamity for close to 8 months and I payed my dues in all (but a few I missed) TW during that time.

I left Calamity for many reasons but probably the most important was the fact that I just couldn't find any joy in playing that game. Tried to change a few things with the hope that something will happen ... but it just didn't worked out. I know you have some bromance with Lightaine and my takings on him weren't nice, but dude, that happened many months ago. Get over it and get over yourself.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Oh baby did I hurt your feelings? actually, if you read my reply, I never mentioned your name because honestly I was thinking another self centered, self obsessed, egotistical wizard that must've been in Calamity but I totally forgot his name!!!!111one... come to think about it and since you mention him, Lightaine was a Wizard or a Cleric? b:surrender I humbly apologize for judging the wrong douc..eh class.

I('d like to think) have a very respectful relationship with Light as I have with all of Calamity members, but we don't care about each other that (or at all) much to call it bromance. actually, when I was trying out Raging Tide, I was a member of Empire, not Infamy.

In my opinion, you give Cheze too much credit for Equinox victory, yes, he hits hard, yes he can 1 shot any DD that gets near his range. So can Fizban, Pedestrian, Dragoonz (when I was playing) in Equinox, they probably have some more like them by now. Should Calamity devote a whole squad or 2 just to hunt this cannons? check the difference on the damage he does to a player and the one he does to the crystal and towers (roughly 800 damage of almost 5 mill for a tower, 12m for a crystal). Crystal recovers around 1.1k HP per second btw so it is, because of the "good wizards" you mention that spent several minutes of the TW chasing him down that Catapults are able to hit on such buildings for 100k damage every 3 seconds.

TW is not a PK fest, it's a siege. 1 catapult can deal 1 million damage to a tower or crystal every 30 seconds, 2 can take down a tower in over 1 minute, "defending" team job is to kill enemy catapult holder and whoever is keeping it alive to avoid tower or crystal damage. "attacker" team job is to avoid harm on the catapult holder by either killing DDers or by being healing enough or killing enough to be considered a "priority target"... just as a random point, without a catapult, you'd need about 125 cheezedudes hitting a crystal for 3 straight hours so cheezefaction wins the TW.

If anything, the biggest mistake people that died to Cheeze kept making over and over was doing single attacks on him and not being sufficiently spread out from fixed targets: barbs, catapults, towers, crystals and feeding him free kills on Barrage. Worrying too much about 1 endgame player isn't healthy tactically, as there's a point in the video where 2-3 Calamity members actually jump into Cheeze, who's clearly waiting on their catapult squads to push in, trying to score a kill and efficiently getting killed instead. The endgame archer job in TW is in my opinion exactly what's being displayed on this video. Barrage on sieges over strong fixed targets, single target attacking on defenses and to run away.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    aw , man, I'm getting lectured on TW by someone stating the obvious.
    Well, I must admit, you're right on one thing: Dmg that Cheze does on Crystal/Towers is non-factor and yes, defending DDs should focus on Catas when those are in base. But you're missing one key element here: Those DDs being alive to be able to DD.
    What Cheze did ( and other high lvl archers in EQ) is common sense: Set barrage on Tower/Crystal and wait for DDs to come in range. Barbs+Catas were good enough positioned to force Calamity DDs to enter in Barrage range if they wanted to hit the EQ Cata barbs. When you have 2-3 barrages up , and as wizard you're trying to hit a barb while you're in a BoA range and have prolly some other ranged class hitting you on top of that, there isn't much you can do but byte de dust pretty fast.
    No lvl 100 archer should be allowed to have barrage inside the base for more than 1 tick, no matter if his/her name is Chezedude, Quizenbort, Kasumi or whatever, you know better, you're an archer I'm sure you know that class better than I do.
    If you remember Kasumi had a PS with her barrage up in EQ base ... damn... was like all hell broke loose. Wizard AOE is a self centered "kill me now i'm here" **** that everyone can avoid or just kill the stupid **** that dared to raise it. BoA is something hitting you hard from more than 30m away rapind all clerics/wizards/venos/some BMs in its way, I don't think I need to emphasise how important is NOT to have something like that hitting you when you're defending against 4 catas inside your base.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Apparently the obvious isn't so for mr smartpants. check the video again after reading this, and I will try to explain... very... slowwwwly...

-Cheeze uses wings of grace (immune to all movement debuffs for 15 seconds) prior to the cast of barrage.
    -He follows up by either absolute domain or stunning blast, one makes you immune to all stuff, other is anti stune 20-30 seconds of barrage. on which he's taking less damage, at some point he's immune, at other he stuns everything around him.
    -His apoth as well as awakening (instantly recharge the 3 sparks lvl 100 archer skill) ensures barrage on demand everytime it's brought down. He pretty much has enough skills and apothecary to produce 5 sparks every minute, that means no down time in barrage.
    - The apoth he uses that does not means to create chi, he uses it for immunity or decrease damage, as you can read the red spam over his head when he's not dying as he's attacked by 2 BMs, 1 wizard at least and 1 assassin.
    -Barrage has a 12 meter radius, most wizard skills have 30 meter radius (unless your description of a "pro wiz" is to run to an archer's face and DB), all spellcasters have no excuse to be hugging a friendly or foe catapult barb or any melee for any instance given that even Ironheart and lending hand have a 28 and 20 meter radius each, still outside BoA.

so... what I was trying to point out with my first reply, then with my second reply and now this time (just pointing out how even the obvious must be repeated) is:
    -The skills to stun, seal, sleep, etc that you and I know exist and will hardly work on a prepared archer, and judging by the Resists! showed up on the video, people is using them.
    -Once a Sage enters BoA with 33% reduced damage, you can hardly to try kill him, specially when he's being ironhearted and has about 3 different skills and 2 more genie skills made to reduce or make you immune to damage. He is however limited by either a mobile barb running around his 12 meter radius (a desirable thing) or the fixed 12 meter radius of a tower or crystal. If you really want to kill it, the obvious, which you so efficiently failed to prove is to kill the target that's giving him ironhearts first, then go for a kill, not a stun. as your chances to land one are of less than 20 seconds out of every minute. This remminds me to tell the fellow barbs, if you see a rain animation on you. Stop, press escape, get the barrage caster on your window and say "this dude has barrage on me, move the hell away from me and take him down" dont just run back to your clerics and get all your squad murdered.
    -However, pointing out that the archer is limited on barrage range, and that he hardly ever drop a tower on his own. The smartest move you can achieve as a DDer, is to always stay away from your barb and buildings, and take down clerics and barbs that are the real danger to a tower. Unless cheezedude is carrying a catapult while he's casting barrage in a 30 meter range from the crystal or tower and judging by the survival rate he showed at some points on that video might not be a bad idea b:laugh, he means no real danger to your building or crystal, and other than deaths and charm ticks of players that are poorly positioned he means no real danger to the status of the TW. When and if PWI changes TW to a PK count match, then you kill him quick! b:shocked

Hope that was more obvious. b:bye
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    yeah ussually people and animations, or to the lowest point of animations, so only lead you got on a DB is a disco dance pose before you jump in and die b:cry

you wanna disco dance with no pants on b:cute
    and the BoA was set up on some barb who stood at the gate for like 1 minute before leaving. :O

Oh and andres our aoes arent 30 meters, they are 12 >.<
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Hope that was more obvious. b:bye

Impressive how in a wall of text you manage to say ...nothing. Nothing useful anyway.

And really, you need to learn some stuff about wizards and their AoE, and also about the seal/sleep, and I hope mixing the range with radius was just a typo. Even in that case, what you say doesn't make a point.
    I wasn't saying anything about killing him while he's in BoA, that's just stupid to try in the first place, but obviously something ppl attacking him in that state couldn't figure it out( see wizard at the end). I was talking about disruption, not letting him or any other lvl 100 archer put the barrage up inside your base. Every genie has holy path, wizards have blink, BMs have sprint to gain speed and movement advantage oven an archer. Yes, he's a skilled archer, but he can be handled by a skilled wizard. This is why I asked where are those wizards in Calamity, cause I haven't seen any in that vid. I just saw ppl die under barrage or in 1v1.
    He has skills and very good gear to become a problem in TW And from your advice and slow explanation I should settle for something like " nobody can handle him?" . You just can't ignore him and pretend he doesn't exist and hope that way he'll just be ... teleported ousite of TW.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Miz: http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/Range
    Range and Radius are synonyms, just so you know. Either way, I never limit Wizards to just DB, and since I did mention the 30 meter range OF MOST THEIR SPELLS, I was more likely pointing the irony of using a 12 meter range skill instead of those nice cute ranged AoE spells that have a 30 meter radius (meaning you can cast them 30 meters in any direction from where you're standing).

Ursa: read above, and do you understand what Immune to all movement debuffs and Immune to everything means. Dont you? How do you sleep over that status? Because I do, I have tried to stun, seal, sleep, paralize a target under wings of grace, under the 79 skill, under the anti-stun apothecary... you cannot knock barrage out of a target under immunity to movement debuff status unless you kill the target. Don't forget before doing this archer I played a BM to lvl 92, a cleric to level 90 in the same server

Get better arguments if you really want to dismiss my "useless" comments. I never implied that it was wise to ignore such player, but it's equally dumb to do the exact opposite and devote a whole squad into hunting this player instead of the barbarian that's taking down the crystal or tower, the cleric healing the barb, or the cleric healing the archer while he's taking 33% damage less from sage BoA effect. I believe its wiser to move away from the harm potential AoE spots will cause and focus on those targets first. I fail to observe where I overcomplicated that... perhaps I should use colors and cute pictures next time? b:sad
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity