Sage / demon skills are unbalanced (again thread lol)

Options
Yulk - Heavens Tear
Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
I figured to make a new one... lots of Sage skills have better skills than demon, and and lots demon skills, including spark is better. I believe that every single skill and spark included must be balanced.

And yes, sage / demon is balanced... But the skills have to be balanced

Thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
Post edited by Yulk - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    *looks around* ...what happened to the old thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    me eated it
    ._.
    tasted bad
    DX
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ...if it was closed/LD'd...it was probably done for a reason...so keep it civil in this thread, people.

*cracks knuckles*

b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Didn't we already go through this and tear it apart class by class...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    stupid thread is stupid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, accidents happen with the Delete key, the Backspace and the Insert one, so many ways to delete stuff
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    *looks around* ...what happened to the old thread?

I think it was deleted, dunno lol
    ...if it was closed/LD'd...it was probably done for a reason...so keep it civil in this thread, people.

*cracks knuckles*

b:scorn

Yeah, best to, its about balancing all skills 1 by 1 for each and every class. Also about tideborn update for sage / demon skills. They have to balance them out
    Didn't we already go through this and tear it apart class by class...?

Possibly, but the devs really do need to fix the skills. So all skills are balanced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sage/demon is balanced. Each path has its own advantages and disadvantages. I don't see a need for changing what doesn't need fixing.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sage/demon is balanced. Each path has its own advantages and disadvantages. I don't see a need for changing what doesn't need fixing.

I mean the skills, a lot of people say sage archers suck b:surrender . And hearing that archers that went sage quitting their sage archers. I agree with you that its balanced, but some skills shouldn't mean to be better than the other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Actually, sage and demon are often pretty balanced, but the skills should still be changed. For example, sage HF is 2000 fire damage. How on earth that is useful?
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sage/Demon skills dont make you... If you can play your class well sage/demon wont change that. Also, if your 89+ you should've taken the time to research it to see which skills fit you more, its not like you get to 89 too fast to hop on the forums once to look at the sage/demon skills or etacomb.net....

Also, Spark is balanced....Sage gives more defense for a little, Demon gives increased spell casting/melee hits.

The only thing I think should be change is Demon's technique, the one that makes your target lose 50 Chi. So useless compared to gaining 50 chi....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Dunno since most players already know that you go demon to pvp and sage for TW/pve.

They're not balanced in terms of pk of course, demon is superior in pvp for 4/6 classes but majority of PWI players DON'T PVP anyway so its not an issues for them and the pve benefits with sage is just as important for them as killing other players.

If all servers where open pvp servers i guess it would be an urgent need for some sort of balance between sage/demon. But most players are on pve servers and dont care, they wanna do their pve stuff and enjoys the extra chi, defensive skills and hardly noticeable extra base dmg. They picked sage for that reason and it should not be messed with lol

I do think it should be an option to change culti. Lets say you went sage as a barb than realized that you dont wanna be a devoted pro tank/cata puller all the time and wanna start pvp. Kinda sucks having 37% less crit and Armageddon that does 10% less dmg.

Or if you went demon as barb but hate pvp and just wanna tank World Bosses all day and help guild in pve and have 30k hp in tiger.

No one would lever up a new char just to get the culti they want than you rather play a different game or try another class. Dont think anyone would mind getting the lvl 11 skills all over again if it meant that you could compete in pvp on equal terms.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    OFcourse sage has different skils as demon.

1 skill gains a massive bonus in sage and is useless in demon, while the other skil gains a massive bonus in demon and is useles in sage

They are DIFFERENT.
    But the amount of difference in total balances them out, while sage wiz exels in ulti's, demon wiz exels in single target skils
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris