Must Haves?

shinesam
shinesam Posts: 12 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Venomancer
Ok lemme get straight to the point. I have a Crystalline Magmite and a Tauroc maxed out loyality, both same leveled. Since i cant find 20 hay, i can only have two. But i am thinking of getting a Darkbreed Wolfkin as a pet. Which current pet should i revert back to an egg? I love them both, im confused.

Oh about must haves, um why is a Petite Sawfly so important? It looks lame.
Is it a volcanic or crystalline magmite that is better?
Should i really keep my Highland Tortoise egg?
What about the stingray?
And what about Bloodthirsty adawolves?????
Post edited by shinesam on

Comments

• Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    you really need an airpet for later quests / grinding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The sawfly has a very high attack power, despite it's lame appearance.

I think I remember the Tauroc Angler having better stats than the magmite at the same level, I'm not sure, and I'm too lazy to check.
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    shinesam wrote: »
    Ok lemme get straight to the point. I have a Crystalline Magmite and a Tauroc maxed out loyality, both same leveled. Since i cant find 20 hay, i can only have two. But i am thinking of getting a Darkbreed Wolfkin as a pet. Which current pet should i revert back to an egg? I love them both, im confused.

Oh about must haves, um why is a Petite Sawfly so important? It looks lame.
    Is it a volcanic or crystalline magmite that is better?
    Should i really keep my Highland Tortoise egg?
    What about the stingray?
    And what about Bloodthirsty adawolves?????

Petite sawfly has one of the best attacks, and it is an air pet which, as said before, is most useful at later stages. Level one up now and it won't be so painful later :).

The difference between the magmites is based on stats and skills. The Crystalline has slightly better stats then the Volcanic, whereas the Volcanic has better skills that the Crystalline.

The Darkbreed Wolfkins may seem really powerful - this is only because of their elite status - once tamed, they are fairly lame pets.

I wouldn't bother keeping a water pet, quests in water are few and far between - when I get a water quest, I tame something close to that level and use it, then get rid of it.

Not sure what you mean by Stingray.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a Bloodthirsty Adalwolf.

Hay comes slowly as a drop, but can be bought or farmed depending on your preference.
  • shinesam
    shinesam Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    By stingray i meant the flying one at lv30, i heard it uses gas?? Lmao
    Oh and i dont have a darkbreed wolfkin its actually a Blackhive Wolfkin. I couldnt wait so i took away my tauroc angler for the wolfkin.
    Should i get a GoldenWing Emporer or keep with the petite sawfly? I saw one near archosaur but it was higher lvl then me
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    shinesam wrote: »
    By stingray i meant the flying one at lv30, i heard it uses gas?? Lmao

The stingray is a flying mount, you don't need to feed it anything and it doesn't fight for you. You just ride it through the air instead of running or teleporting.
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    Aenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Must have pets as far as I can tell at this level of the game... Are..
    Phys. Def. Tank Land: Crystalline Magmite lvl 17 near Timberfield
    Mag. Def. Tank Land: Oddfeet Pup lvl 4? near Lost City, the rare Froggy lvl 9, or Antelope Pup lvl 30 near Silver Pool.
    DD Land: Vericose Scorpion lvl 2 near Lost City
    Phys. Def. / Mag. Def. Air: Windwalking Piggy lvl 20
    DD Air: Petite Sawfly lvl 8 near Plume

With those 5 pets you should have no problem. I'd suggest an extra Golem or Scorpion though if you need to switch out instead of raising and curing back to max. People probably disagree with me.... But that's what I've found thru personal experience and research so far.
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Not sure about the higher levels, but I've had no problems with just using my Sawfly and Crystalline Magmite. Easy to keep them at my level, and so far have been able to handle the mobs I've come across.
  • ElaqKat - Sanctuary
    ElaqKat - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I currently have four wolfkin breeds that I love! I have the sharptooth wolfling (which I started with, now lvl 31) Darkbreed wolfkin, not the greatest, but love the look! bloodthirsty, and a white eyed wolfkin. I am aspiring to fill my pet bag with wolves of different breeds. I think I would go with a higher level wolfkin than a darkbreed, though
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you dislike the Petite Sawfy i would recomnend a Cloud Skatefish (lvl 22 if i recall correctly) as a decently stated, much more pleasing to the eye, air pet. There is not much difference in between the Volcanic and Crystalline magmites although a Glacial Walker (lvl 21) should prove better than either because of much higher mag res.

Don't keep the tortoise, there really isn't much need for water pets and you'll be better off taming one around your level whenever you do need one. Water pets are notoriously difficult to level. The adalwolf has decent stats but it isn't usually considered a pet you might want to take into higher levels. I do actually recommend the darkbreed, decent damage and better defense than the sharptooth. It will make a terrific grinder and a good backup even at higher levels.

@Elaqkat; I myself use a pet with wolflike stats (Tabby Plumdrop) and do recommend them, but keeping a petbag full of wolves is far from practical and may not help you in the long run. I would strongly recommend you only keep the one you like the best and to include a good tanker in your roster.
  • ElaqKat - Sanctuary
    ElaqKat - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2010

@Elaqkat; I myself use a pet with wolflike stats (Tabby Plumdrop) and do recommend them, but keeping a petbag full of wolves is far from practical and may not help you in the long run. I would strongly recommend you only keep the one you like the best and to include a good tanker in your roster.

Thanks for the advice, I haven't been playing that long and am yet to see the outcome of my decisions