PK @ Orchid

Kamiller - Dreamweaver
Kamiller - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Tideswell (East)
Ok all you pkers....and even ones who just duel, I'm preparing myself to start frequenting pk mode for the extra fun and company and wanted to know the unwritten rules of Orchid Temple. Like hopefully, no one ganks anyone and also if someone drops something, maybe its respectfully returned? I just dont want a safety lock with a long time period and don't want waste all my coin on getting res scrolls. So please fill me in so I know what to expect. Thanks all and looking forward to the replies b:cute
Post edited by Kamiller - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i am not on dreamweaver but i am pretty sure its same in every server.
    if u drop something,dont expect it back.
    no1 likes to use safety lock or waste alot of money on dolls or probably every1 would be red.
    u dont have to use lock for long time,u can put 30min and relog every time its disabled if u are out of safe zone.
    only rule would be not to camp same player,killing him over and over.he could take ss and report u which would result with ban cuz hes not able to do his quests.
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    umm

don't interrupt 1v1, they get mad lol..

some people would actually take your stuff if you drop it, so i wouldn't trust anyone

nobody ganks..well they do sometimes, but some ppl will rpk you just because they haven't seen you there before. actually they'll rpk if you look weak lol. if you look strong then they wont b:cute dont' get mad if you die cause they'll prob just kill you again.

other that that, probably nothing else

have fun though b:victory
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    2 things

1 ganking happens dont like it dont pk
    2 if you dont wanna spend money on gs or safety lock its your own fault if you drop something dont go crying about it if it happens and expect it back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    umm

don't interrupt 1v1, they get mad lol..

some people would actually take your stuff if you drop it, so i wouldn't trust anyone

nobody ganks..well they do sometimes, but some ppl will rpk you just because they haven't seen you there before. actually they'll rpk if you look weak lol. if you look strong then they wont b:cute dont' get mad if you die cause they'll prob just kill you again.

other that that, probably nothing else

have fun though b:victory

so make sure to put on your mean face before you go to OT
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    so make sure to put on your mean face before you go to OT

or be like you and 1 shot chezedude? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Kamiller - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for the replies so far. Lol, not that I would like to be ganked, I'm not gonna cry about it. I know once I'm white named I'm free game. Just wondered if there were any unwritten rules between fellow pkers. Guess I was thinking more of respect for one another. I guess I will then have to rely on my safety lock and the "medics." I'm fresh meat so I suppose I will expect to be a target for a while b:chuckle BTW not saying I will kill a bunch of people but if ever anyone I pked dies and happens to drop an item, rest assured, I respect you and the hard work you put into this game and all that you worked for so know that I will always give you back anything you dropped b:heart
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    some people return things, some dont...
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Beware of blue named noobs hovering around you if you're pink/red named lol?
  • Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver
    Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Majority of people will return your stuff.. but like others said dont expect it.
    Ganking can occur from time to time.. but mostly its at a minimum .
    New people are challenged more and most of the time randomly. After you play there for a while that will die off and most will ask for 1v1.

Respect 1v1.. so keep chat open.

Most importanly.. dont QQ and dont PM people and QQ. PK is supposed to be Fun!!!
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've been there since my 70s and people still pick on meb:sad

Maybe I should spent 1,000 bucks on this game to be more badass b:laugh
  • Destini - Dreamweaver
    Destini - Dreamweaver Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Don't PK pkers that are in a duel or finishing one. That's just cheap.

(This has happened to a friend of mine and he was piiiiissed. I swear I have never heard a chain of swear words from him on Vent since that night)

It's okay to give someone a STFU kill. What is an STFU kill? Generally a one-shot, to a QQer or trash talker that got killed by you before and they're probably still bitter and called you a whoor after. Kill, then say "STFU!"

(Sometimes it works, lol)

There is the chance of res killing. Don't wanna be res killed, holy path away or res in town.

And the most important rule ever...

You ready...

AFK=A free kill. Don't go afk outside of safe zone. Some people like afk fresh blood...b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Of course I want to make you giggle, but this is serious. b:chuckle

Other Characters:

Ivy_>Psychic>Level 92>Sage>Active
    Serenata>Venomancer>Level 44>Inactive until further notice
    Avocet>Cleric>Level 25>same as above
    Descorian>Blademaster>Level 5> The love child of Destini and Escorian...but I hardly play her...b:surrender

PS: Caffeine Detox sucks!
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Don't PK pkers that are in a duel or finishing one. That's just cheap.

(This has happened to a friend of mine and he was piiiiissed. I swear I have never heard a chain of swear words from him on Vent since that night)

It's okay to give someone a STFU kill. What is an STFU kill? Generally a one-shot, to a QQer or trash talker that got killed by you before and they're probably still bitter and called you a whoor after. Kill, then say "STFU!"

(Sometimes it works, lol)

There is the chance of res killing. Don't wanna be res killed, holy path away or res in town.

And the most important rule ever...

You ready...

AFK=A free kill. Don't go afk outside of safe zone. Some people like afk fresh blood...b:pleased

Lol I remember when Demy kept saying I ganked him, then I killed him twice in 1v1 and one of those was a oneshot. He kept coming back and saying I'm a noob and can't pk... so I put him to sleep and one shot him again, now I kill him sight.b:cute
  • Xkat - Dreamweaver
    Xkat - Dreamweaver Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Another option that might interest you is to bind your valuable items, it is a one time purchase and would save you the worries of losing your items, wasting coins on scrolls and not having to have such a long wait for safety lock. This option works best for a lot of people... with their end game gear that is.

Anyhow, as most people have previously mentioned, when in PK mode you are pretty much on your own, expect to be PK'd by the regulars there "just because" you are new there and they want the kill count.

Do not PK faction members unless both parties consented. This is one rule that should always be followed.

And as far as dropped items goes, it is totally based on the person who had picked it up. They can keep it if they'd like, give it back or even possibly re-sell it to the owner at a lower going price in the market ( I don't think this happens too often though )

That's that, happy PK'ing. b:pleased
    My words of advice, lower down your expectations so that you wont set yourself up for disappointments. Expect low, aim high.

xkat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flooow
    flooow Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    omg kat i miss u =[.

Umm.Expect random attks from random ppl @__@ so dont go afk =/

safety lock safety lock or GS GS GS. If u drop something ur items u can blame anybody but urself ;).
  • Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    Yorkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Speaking of which... why Orchid Temple as location?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A small tribute to elven mathematician from a human physicist. b:pleased

Yorkin - The Retired Wizard
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Speaking of which... why Orchid Temple as location?

cause there is a lot of noobs in PK.

We should get a better spot.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Probably because there's a lady you can punch for chi. We'll need a spot with a chi post if we move =o.

And hai Kamiller b:bye, I will pk you because you are new. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Kamiller - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    LOL!! Looking forward to joining you all over there b:victory Yeah, lol, I remember when I was a noob doing quests at that ghost lady. I saw someone come swoop in and start wacking her and I was like....WTF o.O
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LOL!! Looking forward to joining you all over there b:victory Yeah, lol, I remember when I was a noob doing quests at that ghost lady. I saw someone come swoop in and start wacking her and I was like....WTF o.O

Hag was asking for it. Sent my **** on a billion fetch quests for a crappy amulet.
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I oftentimes find myself tempted to go into PK mode now and again. If you don't like having SL on too long, set it to something along the lines of... an hour at most, then relog when it gets close to time running out.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bellois - Dreamweaver
    Bellois - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok, the secrets out, I have gone into pk mode ONCE about 4 days ago with some fail a$$ armor and so I hid in the SP b:surrender So my point is this...It was my first time ever and I set my safety lock to an hour and thank *** the 3 days passed because I was pulling my hair out. My internet sucks and disconnects at random, need I say more? And lmao about the hag thing fire b:chuckle

Edit: Oops didnt realiz it was my alt toons icon but it's kami btw.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Probably because there's a lady you can punch for chi. We'll need a spot with a chi post if we move =o.

And hai Kamiller b:bye, I will pk you because you are new. b:cute

I can name many places for higher levels that have chi posts....
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hag was asking for it. Sent my **** on a billion fetch quests for a crappy amulet.

^This. I ran all over the world for that b*tch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk