New Website Design-Poll edition

Altros - Sanctuary
Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Ok, if any mod wants this thread gone, pls just merge it with the official thread (poll included) since the official thread seemed to be lacking an actual poll.

Ok, so you got 7 options: Love it so much, leave it like this forever; Love it; Like it; Indifferent; Dislike it; Hate it; Hate it so much that it makes me want to go postal.

Pick the one that applies to you, and lets see what the public thinks.

EDIT: For those who do not know what the term postal means, it means to go on a shooting rampage due to either high stress or pure rage.

EDIT#2: Thnx for leaving thread up guysb:thanks. Also, advanced option has a few issues, and by that i mean it doesn't work (for me at least).
"No matter how dark the world is,
light shall exist somewhere,
even if only a small sliver,
a light found among darkness,
shines all the brighter." -unknown
Post edited by Altros - Sanctuary on

Comments

• FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I agree, add a poll. The new color scheme hurts.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Having a poll thread here is fine :)
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Okay had a chat with Frankie, this thread will stay open. Only this one though for the poll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zexion - Raging Tide
    Zexion - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I miss the old one b:sad
    If you would please, allow me to interject with an interjection into your conversation which requires, an interjecting. For if I'm to understand correctly and correctly understand the present situation, which I may or may not understand correctly, then it seems that you all don't make sense at all.
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the old one was what i would call "Perfect" for a forum. Eay to navigate, looked well planed out. This one looks like it was built by a generic website maker. White was a horible choice too. Please change it back

b:surrenderi mean no offence but thats what i thinkb:surrender
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I voted for going postal because I need to mail a letterb:angry
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    no more sneak peeking the forum at work

Can't see the colors... too bright

yuck

b:spit

What did they do? pull out the template of every free webforum on the net and added a background picture?
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Kiyori - Raging Tide
    Kiyori - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Leaving this thread open is a very fair reaction. Thank you. :)
  • MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver
    MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ew, super dislike... makes my screen bright and makes PWI feel like we're in happy land >.>
  • Furfuf - Lost City
    Furfuf - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This brightness literally makes my eyes hurt. Its also just too bland. Like you just ate a hand full of dry oats. Im not a horse i dont want dry oats! b:angry
    b:angryb:angryb:angryb:laughI feel better taking out my BEAR aggression. Lame joke i know but suck it.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Obviously im going postal b:surrender.
    Having a poll thread here is fine :)
    Okay had a chat with Frankie, this thread will stay open. Only this one though for the poll.

Thanks guys b:thanks.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • KittyYuri - Dreamweaver
    KittyYuri - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This...burns. Literally burns. I loved the old site layout, I thought it was, well, perfect. It was easy to read and not an eyesore - it looked very well done.

This, this is an eyesore and looks like something a student in high school would make up for an assignment in their web design class - and not a particularly enthusiastic student at that.

We can has old layout back now, please? Please?! b:beg
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    GAHHHHHH Go back to the old one b:angryb:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerdunk - Dreamweaver
    Kerdunk - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Looks like an amateur job. Some stock phpBB style sheet you can get off Google.

Not everybody likes the Tideborn, at least put a representative of each class or something. I wouldn't even consider TB finished.. so why push it so much?

Lastly, I'd like to point out that (while possibly impossible for most of you) if these boards are used just as much as with the old layout... the devs and powers that be won't see any reason to bring them back. It's not like they aren't used to constant ******** and moaning on the boards, no matter what they look like. I hope this poll actually serves its purpose in bringing back the old layout though :)

It's pretty obvious which direction this poll is going.
  • Rheth - Sanctuary
    Rheth - Sanctuary Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Color scheme >_< what where they thinking. *Blinded*
  • Dhboy - Dreamweaver
    Dhboy - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Abosolutely disgusting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death smiles at us all.
    All a man can do is smile back.
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    *wonders if the webdesigners have the slightest idea of what a MMORPG is and who plays them*

Here's an idea:
    if you want to sell something, do some market research
    find out what people want and what it's worth to the majority of your prospective clients so you can maximize the return on your investment. You guys sell code, it has a fixed production cost, so the more clones of this code you distribute the better.
    I thought you were just testing the water, but this forum change makes me think you really don't have a clue.

How many fail bussiness executives does it take to bring down a succesful bussines venture?

Some people need to get fired, very very soon... seriously

ok... end of flame
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'll admit it jumped at me at first but it isn't so bad, hope it helps brighten the darker mood we usually have in this forums.
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You know after a while it's not so badb:pleasedim starting to adjust and so are my eyes ^_^ but it would still be nice for a re-designb:victory
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Uglyuglyugly, oh god. It's like some sort of HTML horror.

Please go back to the old one, the colours were subdued and it looked quite nice.

This is geocities territories, I half expected scrolling text at the top.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Alyssum - Raging Tide
    Alyssum - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:sad it makes my eyes bleed and my head throb. b:surrender

I think they should have an option for us to choose from different layouts/backgrounds on the bottom or top of the page. b:thanksb:victory
  • mightymoose
    mightymoose Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I voted postal. I normally don't vote on these things, but felt I had to in this case. My eyes are going numb.b:sadb:shockedb:cry

On top of that, on another computer the forums don't scroll down so I can't read anything.

Pls give us the old forums back.b:beg
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's so bad, I actually decided to speak up. +1 Postal
  • Jolin - Dreamweaver
    Jolin - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    me 2 voted for the worst option, rly liked the old 1 b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I can't...see...one thing I enjoyed about the PWI forums is that I could read them just before I slept and/or woke up and the color scheme was less grating on my eyes than facebook or other sites...Now it's hard for me to even look at the forums when I'm AWAKE, let alone my usual addiction to them.

I like how they didn't even make new buttons for the Quick Reply/Multi-Quote/Quote/Reply buttons, so now it looks even more unprofressional. Not only did they slap on this atrocious layout, it's only half done. Really, PWI? Did you get THAT many complaints about the old layout...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Jtook - Heavens Tear
    Jtook - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Though i come here often to catch up on the gossip, i rarely post. The thing that attracted me to the forums was the excellent, easy on the eyes, design of the content, unfortunately, It is now physically unpleasant to to read and ill be spending less time here.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i dont mind it tht much but imo it needs to be a darker color cus this one can rlly hurt your eyes or just give us bck the old look tht one was actually perfect & fit the game but other wise im gonna deal with it im kind of use to this color any way so doesnt bother me all tht much but yea it rlly looks unproffesional
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Q_Q
    why did me original thread get merged and teh poll obliterated.
    b:sad
    so mean to hamster threads
    T.T'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    *puts some food out for hamsta * it ok it ok

P.S. you rock
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Ulquira - Lost City
    Ulquira - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    PWIs OLD setup was probably the best mmorpg forum + mainpage id seen. When i first saw it i was genuinly impressed, and thus chose to play. This forum and main page is a disgrace.

+1 to postal b:angry