Seriously, why?

BeingHope - Harshlands
BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Hey guys!

A fair amount of you guys know me, but for those who don't I'm Hope. The reason why I'm making this is because I've been in the forums for a pretty good length of time and seen a ton of stuff. I'd like to know what is with the hate to players who post so much?

At first posting in the forums was so fun because of the interaction with players of different servers, and learning new things (and giving information to new players too). But when I hit about 400 posts, I started to get trolled and flamed all the time by others.

Over time in the forums, I've seen so much ridiculous behavior with people. There are so many people who just hop onto an alternative character and post stupid stuff about people, which most of the time isn't true. If I can remember from what I learned at school, wasn't pride and dignity one of the greatest standards in history?

Then the hate with players like me. I'm sure others are affected by this but a majority of players who have a ton of posts get a ton of hate from other players. I myself get affected by flamers and trolls nearly everyday for even posting a single post that contributes to a thread. I have been labeled a troll, and called other awful names just for having what, 2000+ posts?

I'm pretty sure a lot of the main contributers to the forums don't post for post count, because I myself don't and a few of my friends don't either. So whats with the hate? What did we ever do you guys?

I wish I had stepped up earlier to this, but I am seriously getting sick of seeing all this behavior in the forums. Sorry for making such a long post x)

*smiles*
Hope

P.S. I request that if you are a troller and flamer and about to troll/flame this thread, don't. But please do contribute by explaining why you troll/flame the forums?

P.P.S. Oh before I forget, I don't mean all trolls in general. There are some nice trolls out there, but the majority does it to make someone feel awful and bad about themselves.

P.P.P.S. To the GM/Mods', if I posted this in the wrong part of the forums, sorry! I was kind of debating with the General Discussion and the Off-Topic Discussion.
[SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
Post edited by BeingHope - Harshlands on

Comments

• Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well sometimes people who wouldnt normally troll will do so if something someone posted elicited that strong a response. i've done it plenty of times.

in most other cases, they do it because they have low self esteem irl and/or are attention whores.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have no idea why people seem to flame those with higher post counts (I've never really noticed it). Just smile and chuckle at their stupidity.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary
    VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The reason is simple. So called "trolls" (tho i prefere that they should be called ppl who post just because they can, not because its needed) just doing this from boredom. MagicHamsta with he's imagination that he's a hamster (severe brain trauma? or just something to make game more interesting?), Saitada with the ability to give every1 cupcakes and plenty more. Tho when you think about it those posts mostly are funny, giving thread more life, activity. There is no point to cry about it, u can just ignore it, laugh at it, troll back. Sometimes it could be that ugly truth.

If u look back lets say 6-8 months, there was so many ppl who needed help. Lots of threads were made because newbies wanted some help. Now, all threads are about complaining, thats because there are just a small number of newbies coming to PWI.
    I repeat myself that lots of nonsense posts are made just of boredom.
    Basically i would not log in to post in such threads (tho made an exception). You can find a lot of these kind threads. b:bye
    My in-game name is:
    V i l k a s P i l k a s
    where l is L b:victory

Sorry for my bad english b:surrender
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The troll side of me wants to troll this thread.

The friend side of me wants to agree with you.

The post-count-loving side of me wants to say "+1 Post".

And the kid in me loves the frosted side!

b:chuckle

^ That's pretty much the reason I post. To entertain, help, lighten-up, and/or just overall bring a bit of humor into an otherwise SRS BSNS forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands
    Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    TROLLING.jpg
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty my lav for the Sig ^_^
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    People no longer need as much help as before.

The arrogance of people has increased tenfold since anniversary packs and most of those who made hundreds of million of in-game money now feel special and are drunk on their own ego (I've noticed this a hell of alot).

Also, alot of long time members of the forum are getting annoyed at newer posters with less ingame experience than them who post wrong information and then argue about their point, when proved wrong they threaten with GMs b:surrender (I've seen this way to much recently).
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Has it ocurred to you this forums aren't exactly the friendliest of places? The higher your post count the better the chances you'll run into some of the worst characters. I've seen plenty of people with no more than a few posts to their name get plenty of flames and hate.

Edit; Already you can find examples of trolling on this thread. I see someone there, who hasn't been here as long as i have, just lying through his teeth.
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ya i think alot of ppl on here are just generally unfriendly ppl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Estuary - Heavens Tear
    Estuary - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Maybe it has nothing to do with your higher post count. It could be there are people who read all your posts as time goes on more and more, they tend to not like you more. The more you talk, the more they know, the more they dislike. Possibly. Maybe they find the excessive posts annoying and they want to flame your every thread out of pure annoyance.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cryb:cry QQ MOAR QQ b:cryb:cry
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    tl;dr hope b:bye
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Tsukiiro - Harshlands
    Tsukiiro - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    TROLLING.jpg
    b:pleased

^This. Just cuz the image is funny b:chuckle

Not a troller though. In reality i think they are people with nothing better to do, who just need to get some sort of attention... I just ignore them

I actually miss the old forums. They were much more interesting b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The troll side of me wants to troll this thread.

The friend side of me wants to agree with you.

The post-count-loving side of me wants to say "+1 Post".

And the kid in me loves the frosted side!

b:chuckle

^ That's pretty much the reason I post. To entertain, help, lighten-up, and/or just overall bring a bit of humor into an otherwise SRS BSNS forum.
    same something like that.

On a serious note tho, because of the many introductions to 'easier and faster' lvling, the forums have lost at least half their use now. One whole year ago it was diff. Reading the forums was a necessity if you wanted to be the faster lvler (aka grinding....)

times have changed....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    same something like that.

On a serious note tho, because of the many introductions to 'easier and faster' lvling, the forums have lost at least half their use now. One whole year ago it was diff. Reading the forums was a necessity if you wanted to be the faster lvler (aka grinding....)

times have changed....

*sigh* Yeah...they have, haven't they? If it's gotten to the point where I've set on a journey to become a Mod to clean up these forums...well...there's your evidence, right there.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    A fair amount of you guys know me, but for those who don't I'm Hope. The reason why I'm making this is because I've been in the forums for a pretty good length of time and seen a ton of stuff. I'd like to know what is with the hate to players who post so much?

2,400 posts is hardly "posting a lot". Try again when you have 5,000+, or 10,000+.
    Over time in the forums, I've seen so much ridiculous behavior with people. There are so many people who just hop onto an alternative character and post stupid stuff about people, which most of the time isn't true. If I can remember from what I learned at school, wasn't pride and dignity one of the greatest standards in history?

School history classes also tend to teach people that most things that happened in the past kinda sucked. And you know, there's a point in all of that. It sucked.
    Then the hate with players like me. I'm sure others are affected by this but a majority of players who have a ton of posts get a ton of hate from other players. I myself get affected by flamers and trolls nearly everyday for even posting a single post that contributes to a thread. I have been labeled a troll, and called other awful names just for having what, 2000+ posts?

It's some weird logic that goes something like "Lots of posts -> Lots of time to spend on the forums -> No life/troll/bored/insertadjective". And for the record, this happens on all forums.
    I'm pretty sure a lot of the main contributers to the forums don't post for post count, because I myself don't and a few of my friends don't either. So whats with the hate? What did we ever do you guys?

The thing is, you don't need a high count to have contributed a lot. Most people will, by some weird logic, decide that high post count means lots of short, spam-esque posts. Where they get that logic, don't ask me. Oh, and then the same people also tend to go "lol tl;dr" at posts. Not saying that others did not, as, f.e. a post that has lots of text without proper paragraphs is really annoying to read.
    P.S. I request that if you are a troller and flamer and about to troll/flame this thread, don't. But please do contribute by explaining why you troll/flame the forums?

Unfortunately, just by saying this, you'll get trolled to no end. Because annoying people is what trolls like doing. So I'd say it's time to abandon ship already.
    P.P.S. Oh before I forget, I don't mean all trolls in general. There are some nice trolls out there, but the majority does it to make someone feel awful and bad about themselves.

It depends on the individual. Personally, I don't troll here. Where I do, it's mostly because people keep repeating the same question and answering it over and over again gets tiring. And yes, this happens on a single forum with a big fat sticky that pretty much says "Read this first, it will answer most of your questions", and then the same people supposedly fail to find their answers in said topic.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Personally, I just find that people are blunt jerks. For example, a few months ago, I had made a topic titled "Gratitude and Respect." Mostly positive replies, execpt for one person who tried to argue against it, whether or not intentional, the trolling was obvious, as he changed views so many times that he didn't seem to realise that his posts were actually proving my point further, instead of providing a valid argument. What I'm saying is, If someone doesn't like it for any reason at all, they'll try to troll it. It's one of the unwritten laws of the forums. There are very few threads that would actually get trolled for any reason here... and oftentimes, some bring it upon themselves, such as those posting things that could be potential flame-bait, such as "anni packs suck" or "so and so are overpowered." Sometimes, you just gotta learn to deal with the cards you're dealt.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ecina - Sanctuary
    Ecina - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I chose the troll option, it's the only one that spoke to me.

Edit: ...high post count means lots of short, spam-esque posts.

Lmao
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    MagicHamsta with he's imagination that he's a hamster (severe brain trauma? or just something to make game more interesting?), Saitada with the ability to give every1 cupcakes and plenty more.

DX
    me find that mean!......those cupcakes be mine. (T.T)
    b:sad
    and just ignore me ebil plans.
    d(^.^)
    2,400 posts is hardly "posting a lot". Try again when you have 5,000+, or 10,000+.

o.o'
    me can has retry?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    o.o'
    me can has retry?
    b:puzzled

No, you can has gratis chezeburger!b:victory
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Louisanasmit - Sanctuary
    Louisanasmit - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LOL.. You're right!