lets say an average endgame weapon refine is +8

★★Sinrabansho +8 = M.Attack 1273-1487
    ★★Doom of Flowers +8 = M.Attack 1560-1826

The Nirvana M.Sword beats TT100 +8 at +3

★★Doom of Flowers +3 = M.Attack 1281-1547

At +12 the difference is huge...

★★Sinrabansho +12 = M.Attack 1861-2075
    ★★Doom of Flowers +12 = M.Attack 2246-2512

I'd rather upgrade, but if you want those stats over a HUGE difference in M.Attack, go for it :)

..it's 2 grades higher for a reason.

It's a bit pointless and just too costly making the TT100 for the upgrade to Nirvana, unless you've already done so?

I guess if you've already created the TT100 then that might be your only realistic option, but for anyone who hasn't yet created TT99/100, that path isn't worth considering. Even if you get Soul of Relics and an event orange mat for cheap, you're still better off buying a CV or farming 99 gold
    Since the crystal cost was upped to 230 to do this, you're potentially saving 30-40m worth of raptures, or like, 8% of the way to farming the next quenched piece.

But, to your point, the actual weapon stats mean little when comparing the p/matk and its refine bonus of the donor weapon to the upgraded weapon.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Recast: You change the look and name of the weapon, but keep the original stats, you get the higher refining matk/patk.

Quench: You lose all attribute of the orginal piece and it then gains 3 new random stats.

Reforge: Basically just rerolling your 3 random stats... or in the case of armor, the one variable min-max stat.
    ok but what about refines and shards, at what point do you get rid of them?
    i saw in this thread that after reforge you keep refines and shards so if you crafted 2 sockets pants you gonna end up with only 2 in the end, what about recast and quench from TT99 gold for example?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    ok but what about refines and shards, at what point do you get rid of them?
    i saw in this thread that after reforge you keep refines and shards so if you crafted 2 sockets pants you gonna end up with only 2 in the end, what about recast and quench from TT99 gold for example?

In the reforge dialog box, it does give you the option to not keep sockets (not quite sure if it's just armor or just weapon or both, but I'll find out), though we haven't tested this out... meaning all the armors came out either 3 socket and when rerolled did not change, or in the case of a pair of 4 socket pants, did not want to chance losing them. With the weapon and 1 reforge, it came out with 1 socket, so we're still not sure if you have a chance at additional sockets during this stage.

During recast, you have a chance to roll 2-4 sockets on armor and 1-2 sockets on weapons. During reforge, the recast sockets may change and has a chance to roll 2-4 sockets and 1-2 sockets on weapons. At this point, from how it's been directly explained to me, is you have the option to lock the sockets. If you select yes, then obviously you get to keep them without Chienkun stones, but if you select no, we're still not sure if they are locked in as has been somewhat stated by GMs.

We haven't manufactured enough items yet to know the answer to this. Perhaps someone else does. Hope that kinda helps :S
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    so there is a way to reforge for 4 sockets (dont keep sockets option) then reforge for stats with keep sockets option if i understant this right. oh well thats sounds good.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Has anyone tested the tt99 set bonuses working when the armor is remade to nirvana
    example
    TT99 LA wrist+pants (2 pieces so -.05 interval) [also applicable for HA]
    now change the pants to nirvana final form(☆☆Shadow Ashura Greaves) that has -.05 interval too
    has anyone tested that the TT99 LA bonus stays and you get the -.1 on wrist -.05 set bonus and -.05 nirvana pant bonus together?
    edited February 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    so there is a way to reforge for 4 sockets (dont keep sockets option) then reforge for stats with keep sockets option if i understant this right. oh well thats sounds good.

Apparently there is a Y/N dialog box for it, but no idea if it really works, as the system has been reworked slightly for PWI. We're not sure if the changes lock after quench as has been stated. So there is a bit of contradictory statements from the GM and what the process actually states. As far as I know, no piece of Nirvana gear has changed sockets during the reforge process.

Has anyone tested the tt99 set bonuses working when the armor is remade to nirvana
    example
    TT99 LA wrist+pants (2 pieces so -.05 interval) [also applicable for HA]
    now change the pants to nirvana final form(☆☆Shadow Ashura Greaves) that has -.05 interval too
    has anyone tested that the TT99 LA bonus stays and you get the -.1 on wrist -.05 set bonus and -.05 nirvana pant bonus together?

Unless there is a bug/glitch, you wouldn't get the HH99 2 piece set bonus if you don't have 2 pieces of HH99 gear. Converting HH99 to Nirvana would make that piece a Nirvana piece with the possibility of Nirvana set bonuses.
  • Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
    Dark_kuma - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's a bit pointless and just too costly making the TT100 for the upgrade to Nirvana, unless you've already done so?

I guess if you've already created the TT100 then that might be your only realistic option, but for anyone who hasn't yet created TT99/100, that path isn't worth considering. Even if you get Soul of Relics and an event orange mat for cheap, you're still better off buying a CV or farming 99 gold
    Since the crystal cost was upped to 230 to do this, you're potentially saving 30-40m worth of raptures, or like, 8% of the way to farming the next quenched piece.

But, to your point, the actual weapon stats mean little when comparing the p/matk and its refine bonus of the donor weapon to the upgraded weapon.

No I was just posting that to make a point to all those that already have TT100s knowing that this expansion with G15 weapons was coming out but rushing to it and refining it loads... as in those people who are trying to make up reasons to justify why it's not worth upgrading from a pre-existing TT100.

Yes it is stupid to go for a TT100 right now considering it's only 20 more shards, on sanctuary only 20m, and really not worth it. But for those who have them, avoiding the upgrade will eventually come back and bite you in the butt as at some point more and more people will have these weapons... and you wont.

Also I forgot to add this...

considering I said that...

★★Sinrabansho +12 = M.Attack 1861-2075

well you only have to get Nirvana to +10 to beat it...

★★Doom of Flowers +10 = M.Attack 1820-2086

And to decept, they just work like crafting normal gear, the random stats are literally random within the 1s it is capable of getting, but it has 1 set stat. If you're after crit, like I would be as I prefer crit over channeling, then upgrading would be a good idea... The definate stat is 3% crit or 4% crit everytime, but where the other stat is random there's a chance of getting added 1% or 2% crit stats. Obviously for a crit maniac the ideal magic sword would be 4% crit, 2% crit and 2% crit ....ouchies!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    And to decept, they just work like crafting normal gear, the random stats are literally random within the 1s it is capable of getting, but it has 1 set stat. If you're after crit, like I would be as I prefer crit over channeling, then upgrading would be a good idea... The definate stat is 3% crit or 4% crit everytime, but where the other stat is random there's a chance of getting added 1% or 2% crit stats. Obviously for a crit maniac the ideal magic sword would be 4% crit, 2% crit and 2% crit ....ouchies!
    yar i had my sinra since the 1st anniv. so not much choice i have here. =/ The TT100 skips the first reforge and goes straight to the 2nd process. Do you remember if the TT100 lost its refine and shards?? I think it was said somewhere but cant locate the info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yar i had my sinra since the 1st anniv. so not much choice i have here. =/ The TT100 skips the first reforge and goes straight to the 2nd process. Do you remember if the TT100 lost its refine and shards?? I think it was said somewhere but cant locate the info.

Not sure for weapons, but a faction mate of mine had refined their gear and it lost it's refines and shards.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

I think it probably does, but unsure it might not. It's an entirely different upgrade to the normal TT99 upgrade. But the TT99s dont keep theirs, only from 1st recast to 2nd recast and then rerolling stats does it keep the refine/shards. Sadly the GM's I'm pretty sure intentionally missed out major details on the refine/shards being kept - but I guess I can't blame them, it's how they make money from this game, get people to **** up because of not giving the exact details so in some way making it sound like they are kept because of collecting the right mats inside the instance. I think it would be safer to either wait until someone with not so high shards/refine has tried it or wait for refine transfer (which the system for it, like the faction icons, has been in the game for a VERY long time, but they never bother activating/adding the materials needed in the cash shop)

Reasons like this is why I'm currently on (another game that they censor on the forums - lol?) rather than pw, I only pop on to say hi these days and maybe do my marriage quest if me and iah are really that bored.
    edited February 2010
    Not sure for weapons, but a faction mate of mine had refined their gear and it lost it's refines and shards.
    I think it probably does, but unsure it might not. It's an entirely different upgrade to the normal TT99 upgrade. But the TT99s dont keep theirs, only from 1st recast to 2nd recast and then rerolling stats does it keep the refine/shards. Sadly the GM's I'm pretty sure intentionally missed out major details on the refine/shards being kept - but I guess I can't blame them, it's how they make money from this game, get people to **** up because of not giving the exact details so in some way making it sound like they are kept because of collecting the right mats inside the instance. I think it would be safer to either wait until someone with not so high shards/refine has tried it or wait for refine transfer (which the system for it, like the faction icons, has been in the game for a VERY long time, but they never bother activating/adding the materials needed in the cash shop)

Reasons like this is why I'm currently on (another game that they censor on the forums - lol?) rather than pw, I only pop on to say hi these days and maybe do my marriage quest if me and iah are really that bored.
    Well we all know Wizzeled tested out his lunarglade weapon (+12...) and lost shards and refinement.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=612191
    It states in the prior info that only TT100 does skip this first process. (hence the insane amount of stones needed) I guess what i wanted to know was "Are we SURE?" b:chuckle the new admin is almost non existent on the forums..... i dont see much questions answered from them ><.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited February 2010

Of course, because the only time refines and shards are kept are at the reforge process, not the recast or quench. So just skipping the recast and going directly to the quench, you would still lose refines/sockets/shards.
    edited February 2010
    Of course, because the only time refines and shards are kept are at the reforge process, not the recast or quench. So just skipping the recast and going directly to the quench, you would still lose refines/sockets/shards.
    i remember xarfox or someone saying that "once they are nirvana weapons" they wont loose their shards or refines. So i guess even if this skips the first process its still non-nirvana weapon to nirvana weapon so .....i guess ill bet on it that it all disappears -.-
  • Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    i remember xarfox or someone saying that "once they are nirvana weapons" they wont loose their shards or refines. So i guess even if this skips the first process its still non-nirvana weapon to nirvana weapon so .....i guess ill bet on it that it all disappears -.-

Bingo!

...now if only they said that instead of saying you can keep refines from gathering the right materials needed. Very missleading...

Well we all know Wizzeled tested out his lunarglade weapon (+12...) and lost shards and refinement.
    It states in the prior info that only TT100 does skip this first process. (hence the insane amount of stones needed) I guess what i wanted to know was "Are we SURE?" b:chuckle the new admin is almost non existent on the forums..... i dont see much questions answered from them ><.

They never answer questions directly, especially these ones. They wont miss an opportunity to make money, hence why they never explain new content. I think they want people to assume thats the bonus of using a TT100, but then be greatly dissappointed when they find out the only advantage is 20 shards. Ever since the packs they've been right douchebags with answering questions, explaining updates, and **** us over by throwing random **** into the cash shop. So your answer is they won't give you an answer, if they do it will either be "we don't know" (which they most probably do) or an answer that completely avoids the direct question.
    edited February 2010

There have been numerous statements and changes since the original preview. The original preview said you could keep them all, however, the more recent statements have only vaguely said you can keep the refines/shards at the reforge option, not any other option. It's taken a lot of effort to squeeze correct info out of the GMs, who know less about the process than the actual players, to be honest.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2010

It skips the first process (recast) but it doesn't skip the second (quench). Only the third (reforge) keeps the bells and whistles.

So in other words, yes you would lose everything you invested in the Sinra.
    b:dirty
    edited February 2010
    It skips the first process (recast) but it doesn't skip the second (quench). Only the third (reforge) keeps the bells and whistles.

So in other words, yes you would lose everything you invested in the Sinra.
    i cheaped out and only +4'ed it b:avoid (few on server back then lol)

I guess maybe a little wait is at hand then. If these stones came out already in those last packs, assuming there may be more :d 230 stone runs are unreal....
  • urbandetox
    urbandetox Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I translated directly from PWChina.

Wand/Glaive pool A is -6% or -10% channeling.

Magic Sword pool A is 3% or 4% critical.

Pataka pool A is +289 or +400 pdef.

The picture has no critical because it was TT100->Wand.

Like I said above:

Wow, nice job! What stats are in the A pool and B pool for dual axes? Can you do the same for the dual axes? b:thanks
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    urbandetox wrote: »
    Wow, nice job! What stats are in the A pool and B pool for dual axes? Can you do the same for the dual axes? b:thanks

Thanks. Here you go. =)

Dual Axes:

Pool A (any of the following):
    Sacrificial Strike, Adv. Sacrificial Strike, 3% or 4% crit.

Pool B (any 2 of the following):
    1% crit
    2% crit
    310 MP
    350 HP
    18-19 str/dex/vit/mag
    Attack lvl +1
    Attack lvl +2
    Attack lvl +3
    Defense lvl +2
    Accuracy +30%
    Attack range +1
    Max Pdmg +106
    Max Pdmg +130
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Could some post the possible add-ons of fists/claws b:dirty Sorry to be a bother b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • Miseri - Dreamweaver
    Miseri - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hey sorry to hi jack this thread but Ive been away WTF , NIRVANA class, O.o im about to QQ cus I have no idea what were talking about, just how tough is this new stuff ?? can someone maybe link me to any new refrence material i should be reading on this ^_^ if you do thanks i have just gotten back after six months and NOTHING makes a lick of sense any more.
  • Hari - Heavens Tear
    Hari - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Could some post the possible add-ons of fists/claws b:dirty Sorry to be a bother b:surrender
    the advanced thing just has a higher possibility to take effect.

Fist
    fixed Additional attributes:Berserker / Advanced Berserker / crit+3% / crit+4% (one of them)
    Possible additional attributes:crit +1%~2%, MP+310, HP +350, STR +18 ~ 19, DEX +18 ~ 19, VIT +18~19,MAG +18 ~ 19 ~ 19, Attack lvl +1~2, Defense lvl + 1~2, Physical Damage Reduction 2%, phy attack +100/+130,attack lvl+3

claw
    fixed Additional attributes:Revenge / Advanced Revenge / crit+3% / crit+4%
    Possible additional attributes:crit +1%~2%, MP+310, HP +350, STR +18 ~ 19, DEX +18 ~ 19, VIT +18~19,MAG +18 ~ 19 ~ 19, Attack lvl +1~2, Defense lvl + 1~2, Physical Damage Reduction 2%, phy attack +100/+130,attack lvl+3

Polearms
    fixed Additional attributes:Darken / Advanced Darken / Determination / Advanced Determination

Bow/xbow
    fixed Additional attributes:Soul Shatter / Advanced Soul shatter / Stun / Advanced Stun

Pole axe/hammer
    fixed Additional attributes:Pierce / Advanced Pierce /requirement-20%/-30%

Dual axes/hammers
    fixed Additional attributes:Sacrificial Strike / Advanced Sacrificial Strike / crit+3% / crit+4%
    Possible additional attributes: crit +1%~2%, MP+310, HP +350, STR +18 ~ 19, DEX +18 ~ 19, VIT +18~19,MAG +18 ~ 19 ~ 19, Attack lvl +1~2, Defense lvl + 1~2, Physical Damage Reduction 2%, phy attack +100/+130,attack lvl+3

Blade
    fixed Additional attributes:Revenge / Advanced Revenge / crit+3% / crit+4%
    Possible additional attributes: crit +1%~2%, MP+310, HP +350, STR +18 ~ 19, DEX +18 ~ 19, VIT +18~19,MAG +18 ~ 19 ~ 19, Attack lvl +1~2, Defense lvl + 1~2, Physical Damage Reduction 2%, phy attack +100/+130,attack lvl+3

Magic weapon
    fixed Additional attributes(pataka): pdf +289 / +400
    fixed Additional attributes(sword/magic orb): crit +3% / +4%
    fixed Additional attributes(wand/glaive): chan -6% / -10%
    Possible additional attributes:crit +1%~2%, MP+310, HP +350, STR +18 ~ 19, DEX +18 ~ 19, VIT +18~19,MAG +18 ~ 19 ~ 19, Attack lvl +1~2, Defense lvl + 1~2, Physical Damage Reduction 2%, magic attack +100/+130,channeling -3%

Dagger
    fixed Additional attributes:Sacrificial Strike / Advanced Sacrificial Strike( b:shocked ) / crit+3% / crit+4%

Korren answered this a long time ago b:thanks.
    HT clerics at their finest:

hari: can you do mdef debuffs? makes the fight go faster
    naughty_x: waste, I do more damage without them
    hari: ...you do more damage in 2 seconds than reducing mdef by 35% for 4 casters does in 20 seconds?
    naughty_x: is waste, i do more damage

hari: 3-3 BH goes a lot faster with a sin
    naughty_x: no, only a difference of like 3 minutes
    hari: ...we've been in here a lot longer than 3 minutes already
    naughty_x: your opinion
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    That can't be right... are you telling me fists and claws can't get -interval? He must have missed something b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • Hari - Heavens Tear
    Hari - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    pwdb says the following for lunar nirvana fists:

Maximum Physical Attack +106
    Maximum Physical Attack +130
    Interval Between Hits -0.05 seconds
    HP: +350
    MP +310
    Strength +18~19
    Dexterity +18~19
    Magic +18~19
    Vitality +18~19
    Critical Hit Rate +1%
    Critical Hit Rate +2%
    Critical Hit Rate +3%
    Critical Hit Rate +4%
    Accuracy +30%
    Berserk: Has a chance to make the wielder go berserk, increasing
    physical attack and attack rate along with damage taken.
    Additional Skill
    Atk. Level +???
    Atk. Level +???
    Atk. Level +???
    Def. Level +???

compared to korren's

Berserker
    Advanced Berserker
    crit +1%
    crit +2%
    crit +3%
    crit +4%
    MP+310
    HP +350
    STR +18 ~ 19
    DEX +18 ~ 19
    VIT +18~19
    MAG +18 ~ 19
    Physical Damage Reduction 2%
    phy attack +100
    phy attack +130
    Attack lvl +1~2
    attack lvl+3
    Defense lvl + 1~2

Korren's has -2% phys damage instead of -0.05 atk/sec. Who knows which is right...
    HT clerics at their finest:

hari: can you do mdef debuffs? makes the fight go faster
    naughty_x: waste, I do more damage without them
    hari: ...you do more damage in 2 seconds than reducing mdef by 35% for 4 casters does in 20 seconds?
    naughty_x: is waste, i do more damage

hari: 3-3 BH goes a lot faster with a sin
    naughty_x: no, only a difference of like 3 minutes
    hari: ...we've been in here a lot longer than 3 minutes already
    naughty_x: your opinion