Hypothetically.

Burnout - Harshlands
Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Dawnglory (EU)
I thought about putting this in the cash shopper's thread, but it seemed inappropriate since that thread is to glorify cash shopping as much as possible, and here I'm actually trying to be prudent.

Ok, "hypothetically", suppose that I somehow found some buried treasure inside my couch, and was able to sell it for $200. I now have on my hands a little fortune, and I want to go on a giant shopping spree.....inside PWI.

I have 2 choices. I can use up my resources to refine my current phy. def necklace, Sky Demon's pearl, all the way up to +10. This gives it a total of 924 physical defense.

The other option is to buy 80% of the mats needed for a springrush amulet, farm lunar glade for the last 20%, then sell my Sky demon's pearl, and use that money to refine the springrush amulet to +6, then use my leftover funds to refine to +7. This gives me an amulet with +646 p. def and decrease physical harm +2%, which works out to roughly a total of about 700-720 p. def.

Obviously the sky demon's route gives me a net +224 physical defense over the springrush immediately, but it then becomes impossible to refine it any further. The springrush amulet gives less p. def, but potential for future improvement, IF I somehow find more buried treasure. But it is uncertain whether I'd ever be able to raise the 150+G needed to bring the springrush to +9. (At +9 the springrush roughly equals out to sky demon's +10).

Then again, who knows? Maybe I'll suddenly collect some life insurance from my grandma and then I'd have no problems refining the springrush. But that's also uncertain.

So which route would you choose? Which seems like the best option?

Keep in mind, all of this is "Hypothetical", so I'm not actually planning to get a springrush amulet or anything.

Edit: I totally should have made this a poll, but since my name doesn't start with Pai I wasn't qualified to do it. So I'll just check out the responses for a full 24 hours before posting my conclusion. (Hypothetically, remember).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
Post edited by Burnout - Harshlands on

Comments

• Nurfed - Harshlands
    Nurfed - Harshlands Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Whats your current pdef self buffed? And uhhh.. what belt are you currently wearing?
  • Uziel - Harshlands
    Uziel - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hypothetically speaking you could always change the chances of you collecting some life insurance from your grandma and not worry. :)
    Former BM Masakari
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hypothetically speaking you could always change the chances of you collecting some life insurance from your grandma and not worry. :)

QFT

****ing lol
  • ELQuAdRoo - Harshlands
    ELQuAdRoo - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I thought about putting this in the cash shopper's thread, but it seemed inappropriate since that thread is to glorify cash shopping as much as possible, and here I'm actually trying to be prudent.

Ok, "hypothetically", suppose that I somehow found some buried treasure inside my couch, and was able to sell it for $200. I now have on my hands a little fortune, and I want to go on a giant shopping spree.....inside PWI.

I have 2 choices. I can use up my resources to refine my current phy. def necklace, Sky Demon's pearl, all the way up to +10. This gives it a total of 924 physical defense.

The other option is to buy 80% of the mats needed for a springrush amulet, farm lunar glade for the last 20%, then sell my Sky demon's pearl, and use that money to refine the springrush amulet to +6, then use my leftover funds to refine to +7. This gives me an amulet with +646 p. def and decrease physical harm +2%, which works out to roughly a total of about 700-720 p. def.

Obviously the sky demon's route gives me a net +224 physical defense over the springrush immediately, but it then becomes impossible to refine it any further. The springrush amulet gives less p. def, but potential for future improvement, IF I somehow find more buried treasure. But it is uncertain whether I'd ever be able to raise the 150+G needed to bring the springrush to +9. (At +9 the springrush roughly equals out to sky demon's +10).

Then again, who knows? Maybe I'll suddenly collect some life insurance from my grandma and then I'd have no problems refining the springrush. But that's also uncertain.

Keep in mind, all of this is "Hypothetical", so I'm not actually planning to get a springrush amulet or anything.

Edit: I totally should have made this a poll, but since my name doesn't start with Pai I wasn't qualified to do it. So I'll just check out the responses for a full 24 hours before posting my conclusion. (Hypothetically, remember).

Cool story bro.
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Cool story bro.
    Cool story, bro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hypothetically you should take your 200 dollars and instead of buying pixels, spend it on 100 1 dollar hookers, 50 bucks of weed, lots of lube, and 3 buffalo chicken pizzas.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Cool story, bro.

Cool story, bro
  • Venue - Lost City
    Venue - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i want your couchb:dirty
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hypothetically you should take your 200 dollars and instead of buying pixels, spend it on 100 1 dollar hookers, 50 bucks of weed, lots of lube, and 3 buffalo chicken pizzas.

Can i has 200 dollars ploxb:beg
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:surrender Why spend $200 when you can buy so many other things? Like it'd be understandable to get 10-100 gold but 200 gold in one go... x)

But I would have to say for your choices, go the first way if you want to take the safer choice but the second way is also nice because there are possible chances of improving it in the future as you said.

Personally I'd do the first option and spend the rest of the money on fashion b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Taboo - Harshlands
    Taboo - Harshlands Posts: 1,420 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    first one is better, but the 2nd one might be better. the 2nd one is good too, but the 1st is good too. i would say if you want the best option go with either the 1st or 2nd one. cause with the 1st, its good......and then look at the 2nd, its good too. oh well, just my suggestion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EpicDPS - Harshlands
    EpicDPS - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    buy a nix or herc and re-roll
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    first one is better, but the 2nd one might be better. the 2nd one is good too, but the 1st is good too. i would say if you want the best option go with either the 1st or 2nd one. cause with the 1st, its good......and then look at the 2nd, its good too. oh well, just my suggestion.

Reading this was kind of like licking a tootsie roll pop over and over again, only to find out after that there's actually no tootsie roll center and you've actually just wasted 30 seconds of your life licking some balls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Taboo - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    30 seconds? man, i guess youre not paid by the hour, thats some super fast licking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If i had 200% the first thing i would want to do is elephant unicorn.
  • Mr_DorkBlade - Harshlands
    Mr_DorkBlade - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If i had 200% the first thing i would want to do is elephant unicorn.

nice SS i love the ~~>Dark Fail<~~ part
    how are you btw? have u talked to hussle lately? b:bye
  • Mr_DorkBlade - Harshlands
    Mr_DorkBlade - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010

get the lunar.. in the long run it could prove more promising.
  • Eragon - Harshlands
    Eragon - Harshlands Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited February 2010

These posts are all full of win.
    Wonhalt
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    h. 10 chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Taboo - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    And no I won't reveal my info unless you pay me :p Will probably take me 2 months or more...but I'll end up with an endgame necklace

Your behind in the times, ive already farmed my 30 cogs, and have 1 of my warsoul mats. Yes, isnt it unbelievable to think some people actually farm sht in this game?

By the way tho Burnout, go for it, i like hearing about people actually playing the game, and not just buying everything they have. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Who said anything about farming? b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Taboo - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Who said anything about farming? b:mischievous

In that case, fack you. lol

and here i thought i had a fellow broke **** that has to farm stuff, zzzzz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stayne - Harshlands
    Stayne - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:surrender Why spend $200 when you can buy so many other things? Like it'd be understandable to get 10-100 gold but 200 gold in one go... x)

But I would have to say for your choices, go the first way if you want to take the safer choice but the second way is also nice because there are possible chances of improving it in the future as you said.

Personally I'd do the first option and spend the rest of the money on fashion b:laugh

These new forums hate pink.
  • Taboo - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    These new forums hate pink.

Is pink supposed to be symbolism? if so, i would agree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stayne - Harshlands
    Stayne - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Is pink supposed to be symbolism? if so, i would agree.

No comment for fear of my life.
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    these new forums are to organized b:surrender
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Other than the girl over <--- there with the boobies, the new forum is starting to grow on me x]

(dont kill me- I take it back D:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Taboo - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Dont worry saveless, i got this sht covered.
    the new forum is starting to grow on me x]

Im starting to grow in you too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Dont worry saveless, i got this sht covered.

Im starting to grow in you too.

I'm actually a dude b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Taboo - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    I'm actually a dude b:kiss

Yeah, i know. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]