New to the game

ob1ivion
ob1ivion Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I just started playing the game this week and I have to say it is outstanding all around. I just reached level 20 and it seems like there are no quests that I can do. The only quests I can get are one that requires a big team and one where all the enemies seem to be +7 levels to me. Sometimes I play with a friend but alot of the time I run solo. What can I do besides suicide missions?
Post edited by ob1ivion on

Comments

• AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you've hit lvl 20 must've done your FB19? AKA Call to Duty quest. Use Find Quest feature if struggling, else you might have to grind mobs your lvl to lvl up and unlock more quests.
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    _Garra_ - Harshlands Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Try clicking Find quests after u press "Q" if u have no quests to do ur doing to have to grind.... join a faction , they will most likely help u with the fb's u have
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes, plenty of people are willing to offer help with Call-to-duty quests (also called FBs for strange historical reasons), though it's much much more fun with lower level people and with friends.

If you really-o-truly-o are out of quests, then go find the guard offering you one-man-army quests (at 20 that should be the guard at the gates of arch) and do those for a while until yuo hit 21 and get some new quests.

Also, die less often :)
  • JacobBlack - Raging Tide
    JacobBlack - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i must admit i am a hell noob. had to look up what fb meant in another post. i wouldnt even know where to go to get a dungeon quest. i guess i'll just join a faction. seems to be the prevailing opinion.
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    _Garra_ - Harshlands Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    FB's come on their own. .. ull see them as Call to Duty : " watever " and ull get tabs (or scroll looking things) ull normally get them from the elder's of somewhere mostly Archosor ....

Doing a FB with a squad tho if one of ur members has tabs then make him/her leader .. reason is cuz wen she tabs the pillar the whole squad will benefit from the FB.

hope this helps
    edited February 2010
    i still dont get it. there is a lot to know in this game but i'm sure it will come with time. i guess i'll just grind it out until i get some new quests or try and find a faction.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i still dont get it. there is a lot to know in this game but i'm sure it will come with time. i guess i'll just grind it out until i get some new quests or try and find a faction.

as stated above. Click "Q" and click the button "Find Quest"

I find it very hard to believe you have no quests listed there.
    edited February 2010
    as stated above. Click "Q" and click the button "Find Quest"

I find it very hard to believe you have no quests listed there.

i DO have a few there just none i can do on my own. either enemies are too high for me to fight or i need a team.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i DO have a few there just none i can do on my own. either enemies are too high for me to fight or i need a team.

Well, as tideborn you don't actually have an FB19, you've got an FB-lite to kill some squid guy.
    And then you've got the mold quests which send you to the NEXT FB along (that is, it will send you to FB29 now) - and yeah, you need to persuade some other group to let you tag along.

Those should be the only quests not suited for your level.
  • Secuoia - Heavens Tear
    Secuoia - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Playing an assasin you will die a lot at lower levels, after lvl 35 things become easier as u get bloodsuck. just use a lot of pots

Also, tideborns dont have this call to duty quests, they have a quest to kill a boss (ocean tusker) which gives u a good wpn and weapon token quests which allows u to get an even better wpn if you are lucky

You can always rerroll another class if you dont like this one
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Life powder makes life for assassins much easier at early levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Mentaz - Sanctuary
    Mentaz - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There are two quests in Arch available at level 20 - the one with Chang's pack (no fighting involved) and the Boatman's quest (which has you fighting the lvl 21 Dryad's around Arch - should be doable, if a little tough).

But Tideborn do come up a bit short on XP (compared to other races) on their race-specific quests (levels 1-19). Other classes are (I find) usually lvl 21 before they get to Arch.

Once you do hit level 21 you'll start the (loooong) chain of cultivation quests for your lvl 29 cult (yes, it'll take you that long to finish them!), most of which can be done solo. Along with assorted other quests along the way, you really won't have a problem running short of quests again for quite awhile.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There's also the one from the West district apothecary to go meet General Summer. No fighting needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Laurrella - Dreamweaver
    Laurrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You should be able to pickup a group easy enough for the squid thing in the prison by asking in the Tideborn city.

For the weapon quest to kill Quingzi, which I recommend doing for the chance of getting a much better dagger, go to that area and there is a safe place inside the zone and just ask for a group. You can't really help much killing but you should be able to find a kind group that will bring you along since a lot of people do bounty hunter missions there.

Then like the others have said you will start getting a lot of quests in Arch. Use the Q-Quest key often so that you can pickup all the quests in an area at one time since a lot of them are killing the same things or they will probably be in the same general area so you can knock out multiple quests with less back and forth travel to the city.

Finding a guild faction that is wanting new lower level members is very useful too as it gives you a place to ask questions and get quest help easier.
    Laurrixa - 64 Sin
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    best thing for u is to get in a guild if u havent already most will be more thenhappy to expalin alot of stuff to u, and also most of this game is gonna be u gettin higher lvl bosses that need a team effort
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]