Help with build

Options
Venoxi - Lost City
Venoxi - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Blademaster
Hi, i'am thinking about making a Bm that uses both axes and fists. After checking the guides i think 6 stregh 4 dex every 2 lvls is the way to go, but will the lack of vit points be bad? I will use it to pve and pvp so not sure about pvp. Thanks in advanceb:cute
Post edited by Venoxi - Lost City on

Comments

• Dhboy - Dreamweaver
    Dhboy - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    you will be squishy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death smiles at us all.
    All a man can do is smile back.
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Put some points into vit for starting out. In the lower levels your equipments suck and you won't get much benefits from refines, and using shards above G6 is out of question as it's waste of money.

Reset your vit to 3 or 5 the same time you branch into two paths (assuming you aren't thinking about STARTING with fists and axes). By then refines get more beneficial and you'll have less of difference with BMs who have lots of vit.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    do not add vit

all BM's are hella squishy till level 29 and itaa not till 60+ where the class even begins to get good

and by that time you can afford decent (average and+2) refines and shards

at 90+ where HP is really needed just 3 socket or better tt 90 green and invest in decent refines on armor

at 60 get bracers of blood moon...im still facepalming myself for waiting till 75 they are just amazing for fisters those + AOS and ya...its easy mode from there on

no reason to add vit you'll need to restat as soon as you hit midgame imob:surrender
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, 3 str and 2 dex per level (6 str, 4 dex every 2 levels) is the only way to use both axes and fists/claws for your level unless you get lots of +str/dex equipment. You can try it from level 1 if you want but you'll hate it until you reach level 29 and get diamon sutra (trust me, I've learned from experienceb:sad). After 29 you'll still be squishy but things will be easier than it used to. If you do decide to go 3 str, 2 dex then I'd recommend starting with fists until you hit the 50s so you can save on MP pots and build chi faster for that delicious diamond sutra.

Oh, and make sure golden bell is maxed and that you at least have a couple levels in both marrows.

If you can, then definitely get the bracers of blood moon. They're a bit pricy for level 60 (about 8 mil, give or take) but they're worth it if what I've heard is right (still need 17 silver orders for my BMb:cry).
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Rough_blade - Heavens Tear
    Rough_blade - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    well i just think of 1 thing about those axes and fist ppl u see owning around arch and in pking places they dont start with axe and fist build they do all the way build and whne reach some high lvl around 8x9x they start reseting and getting the build they neeed for the dual axe/fist. that just what i think
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lack of vit will of course be bad. Your HP will be hella low without the refines and shards to back it up. But it really can't be helped if you really want to go axe-fist all the way.

Currently at 84, I'm at 5k HP unbuffed, and this is with +2 mold/TT gear 3+ socketed with g6/7 citrines, and everything else with vit modifiers.

Obviously not great refines/gear, but it just goes to show that without the financial backing, it's gonna be tough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deviling - Harshlands
    Deviling - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I used the 3 : 1 : 1 build. But now i restated to 3 : 2 build to use fists. I restated my VIT from 48 to 5 and i lost like about 630 HP.

Well but it doesn't matter so much since you can put in some Average Citring Shards into your equipment. Also note that you will have good amount of dodge and nice Chi recharging rate (due to 1.43 atk/sec). That will allow you to use Diamond Sutra (lvl 29 HP regen skill) more often (as soon as it comes out of cooldown) and if you wish you can get Second Wind on your Genie. With that you will not have any problem about your HP. Grinding will be fun and piece of cake.

I haven't tried PvP. But i bet you will switch to Axe/Hammer weapoon to stun your enemy and use your fist to dish out damage.

I must also tell you that VIT helped me till lvl 29. I relied totally on my HP and Pots till i got Diamond Sutra. It's your choice :D
  • hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hi iam 8x axe bm i my stats right now is 30 vit, 244 strength and 155 dex i want to do pvp and pk so should i add more in vit or not...if so what build should i go?
  • Fatboykbb - Heavens Tear
    Fatboykbb - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    well i just think of 1 thing about those axes and fist ppl u see owning around arch and in pking places they dont start with axe and fist build they do all the way build and whne reach some high lvl around 8x9x they start reseting and getting the build they neeed for the dual axe/fist. that just what i think

most people on Harsh lands go with the axe build up untill 90-100 and then restat to a fist bm.
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I started using fists in my early 40s and never looked back. Axe single target damage is beyond terrible. I would recommend that anyone who can afford mold armor and +2 refines with flawless citrines (in their 70s for Gamma, and beyond)go Axe/Fist from the start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Only on PvP servers does it make any sense to put points into vit and later restat. Health on PvE only matters for spike damage, other than that it is purely how much damage is dealt - how much health is healed. Having more vit doesn't change that. Life Powders and health pots until you reach lvl 29 and get Sutra, after that it just doesn't matter. I had fist in 1X range, swapped to FB weapon, then back to fist again in 2X. Main thing is crafting some fist/claws and try for double phys attk, or a rare -int add. Those are what are needed to actually make them more useful than the quest items.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Reaperlocke - Lost City
    Reaperlocke - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    3str,1dex,1vit every level until vit is 30-50, then add that extra point to dex