Zhenning Spots

Escorian - Dreamweaver
Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Alot of Players might think Zhenning is a bad idea a waste of time etc etc but i am still posting here to find out an answer

what are all the good zhen spots we used to use? and the lvls i am lvl 78 on my other char and am wondering where i should be. (do not say Gamma or i will stab you b:angry)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
Post edited by Escorian - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The only zhenning spots I was aware of:

Pirates by Sanctuary

Pirates on Nightscream
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    anywhere where there's a bunch of melee-only mobs grouped up in large number and around your level

also, zhenning + hyper exp stones = MASSIVE exp
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Alot of Players might think Zhenning is a bad idea a waste of time etc etc but i am still posting here to find out an answer

what are all the good zhen spots we used to use? and the lvls i am lvl 78 on my other char and am wondering where i should be. (do not say Gamma or i will stab you b:angry)

Hmm.....Doing your BH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The Rockenwolves in Land of Burning heart. Good for 7x peeps ^^
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    And indeed the orelith, demonic rogueknights etc. all in that region, and cougarets nearby.

The blade thingies near dream are (in) famous for it.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Spiders, Decaying things near 1K are good for 8X.

Shieldbearers are good, but fairly slow moving for higher 8X and lowish 9X.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Oz - Lost City
    Oz - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I remember the days when there wasnt any BH, marriage quest and stuff, we zhenned like idiots to get some lvls b:laugh

Here the best spots i remember:
    - lv60+: Pirates east of Sanctuary (spot in little bamboo forest)
    - lv70+: Pirates on Nightscream Island (the north island near fb79, west of the village there
    - lv80+: Spiders west of Camp of Intrepid (zhen spot at some rocks there)
    - lv90+: "Green dudes" (dunno mob name, they are, well... green) west of fb99 in hell

Alternative to zhenning at 80-90: fish in the lake north of Intrepid. Awesome exp in full party, bring water res gear...

Sure there are other spots too, but these are the best ones due to a lot of mobs in a small area, just my experience...

Happy zhenning! b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Spiders, Decaying things near 1K are good for 8X.

edit* someone posted the info already xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Spiders, Decaying things near Ancient Wall are good for 8X.

Edited your post for correction purposes.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • ClericNico - Dreamweaver
    ClericNico - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I remember the days when there wasnt any BH, marriage quest and stuff, we zhenned like idiots to get some lvls b:laugh

Here the best spots i remember:
    - lv60+: Pirates east of Sanctuary (spot in little bamboo forest)
    - lv70+: Pirates on Nightscream Island (the north island near fb79, west of the village there
    - lv80+: Spiders west of Camp of Intrepid (zhen spot at some rocks there)
    - lv90+: "Green dudes" (dunno mob name, they are, well... green) west of fb99 in hell

Alternative to zhenning at 80-90: fish in the lake north of Intrepid. Awesome exp in full party, bring water res gear...

Sure there are other spots too, but these are the best ones due to a lot of mobs in a small area, just my experience...

Happy zhenning! b:victory

Also Seaspray Bladewolves near Dreamweaver for late 60s/early 70s. And yes, i miss those days. I love zhen. If anyone's starting zhen squads on DW, lemme know :)
    Sometimes, when I'm bored, I blow myself up. b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ClericNico: 7x Cleric, Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 7x Barbarian, Tormented Executor (Hate2Love Alt Faction)
    Durzo_Blint: 6x Blademaster, Tormented

The cleric formerly known as the veno known as Sheeeba. b:chuckle
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Garnet Terrors = Green dudes

For 89-97 there is also another Lv: 106 minion in Heaven in the northwest corner. Hopefully someone can post a name like I did for you Oz because that was so long ago when I was a noob Lv: 95 back in June 2009 that it escapes my memory.

RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Also since no one pks hardly anymore, you could do Bats by alter of disbelief or by Dreaming Cloud. You could also grind foxwings or vipions during the 50-60 lvl. For lvl 80's you can grind Butterflies by DWP or by Sanc or you can grind Bloodbirds north of city of the Lost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So........what is zhenning? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've never had a chance to do it, but what about zhening mobs for public quests? I've heard you get good exp from the quest rewards.

For AoE Grinding alone or with squad members similar to your class

Usually, the mobs that you should aoe grind alone depends on what class you are. Like you'll never find a barb to enjoy aggro'ing a bunch of wood damage dealing butterflies above lake of woe where its the best place to zhen if you are an archer or cleric pre level 80 b:laugh.

For wizards, the water mobs (dragonmaids something) south of the nameless isle is good. Since they are underwater water (like air mobs), they give more experience than land ones.

For bms and barb, those rhino looking mobs north of Dreamwaver port is good.

Venos, they can pretty much auto level on anything from what I've seen. Don't even have to zhen. I've seen venos put their pet on defense near a spot where a mob would spawn, and the pet will just auto attack. You'll just have to check its hp once in a while.

For Traditional Zhen Parties

Consisting of a BB'ing cleric, AoErs, tank and person on a mount gathering mobs - Try mobs in the desert west of Dreaming Strong Hold. They are high levels, but will give you more experience to balance out the experience reduction for being in a squad. If those mobs are too much for your party, try the melee mobs right north of Camp of Intrepid (looks like sumo wrestlers). There are plenty of them and are easy to gather by a barb or bm on a mount to lure to the BB and AoEs. Those mobs don't have aoes or skills that would cancel the BB/Barrage/DB. And you can also combine it with the one-many army quests for rep points for those mobs.
  • Khaldon - Sanctuary
    Khaldon - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    why all ppl call is Zhenning ?
    it should be aoe squad whatever...
    for me ill prefect Zhenning + hyper more than gamma and u will see later no1 will go to gamma :P only who have Exhaustion Time after using the Hyper :P
  • Blackatz - Sanctuary
    Blackatz - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Oh wow. Zhen spots.

Love it. That's the classic way to gain mass exp right there.

I look forward to go if anyone wants to. Hit me up in game on Sanc, if you're still into the whole zhenning thing :p
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I actually saw a zhen squad on Nightscream just a little while ago. It seemed to consist of a cleric, an archer, a wizard and 3 pullers (barb, BM and assassin.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • ClericNico - Dreamweaver
    ClericNico - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hmm...never tried a squad with 3 pullers. usually ours were 3 dds, 1 cleric, and 2 pullers. sometimes we went 2, 2, and 2 if we couldn't find a 3rd dd.
    Sometimes, when I'm bored, I blow myself up. b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ClericNico: 7x Cleric, Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 7x Barbarian, Tormented Executor (Hate2Love Alt Faction)
    Durzo_Blint: 6x Blademaster, Tormented

The cleric formerly known as the veno known as Sheeeba. b:chuckle