Knockback...does it ever miss?

Cookie_Doe - Heavens Tear
Cookie_Doe - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Archer
Okay so i started my archer and im now lvl 16. I have the problem that i think most archers have below level 19....having mobs get too close and then shooting and shooting and shooting..-sigh-. So I know that some shots miss....does knockback every miss or is it possible for it to miss?

please say no please say no please say no b:shocked
Post edited by Cookie_Doe - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Etaerc - Lost City
    Etaerc - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Knockback as the same chance to miss as any other attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It can miss just like any other shot/skill can. However, as far as I know, knockback won't ever actually fail assuming it hits the target.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it fails on certain instance mobs.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Cavalieri - Sanctuary
    Cavalieri - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It can miss like other shots; if it misses it doesnt knock the enemy back.
    If it hits it always knocks back, except for certain instance mobs that are immune to knockback as well as bosses that cant be knocked back.
    If you've been bad, Lord I bet you have
    And you've not been hit by flying lead
    You'd better close your eyes and bow your head
    And wait for the ricochet.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It can miss like other shots; if it misses it doesnt knock the enemy back.
    If it hits it always knocks back, except for certain instance mobs that are immune to knockback as well as bosses that cant be knocked back.

Additionally, there are some mobs that simply do not move at all. They stay rooted, and you cannot move them. Most have a large range (larger than yours), and so you have no choice but to get attacked as you attack it. These mobs tend to be annoying.

Those with shorter ranges (shorter than yours) will attempt to attack, fail, and then reset to full HP. These mobs tend to be even more annoying.
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    there are also some mobs outside of instance mobs that cannot be knocked back..... i dont have an example off hand but i do remember not being able to knock back certain mobs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Knockback arrow misses. You notice it more than any other attack because it missing usually involves you getting hurt. b:beatup

I think anything immune to stun is immune to knockback. I don't have 100% concrete proof on this, but I can't think of any mob which you can knocback but not stun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Veronica_ - Heavens Tear
    Veronica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes , knockback misses b:sad the hit % chance is the same as others b:angry

Some instance mods you can't knockback throught........

Just make sure to have winged shell as back up if mod hits hard or at latter lvls wingspan , it has a knock back but aoe b:cute
  • Nanico - Raging Tide
    Nanico - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Knockback as the same chance to miss as any other attack.

i'm sorry to say this but in my opinion it seems to miss ALOT more than any other move is use
  • Elven_archer - Dreamweaver
    Elven_archer - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    idk mijn nearly never miss (migth be coz im fuking ing noobish archer that always spend mony regeting qear i sould for once stay at sweet archer) wel it misses 1 twice but always on 3e and 20e or so hehe wel coz of high lvl(56 and yes this icon < sucks its not updated)

wel gl any archers
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Knockback arrow misses. You notice it more than any other attack because it missing usually involves you getting hurt. b:beatup

I think anything immune to stun is immune to knockback. I don't have 100% concrete proof on this, but I can't think of any mob which you can knocback but not stun.

Glacix dragoons in FC b:chuckle
  • El_Tigre - Raging Tide
    El_Tigre - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It can miss. To compensate the miss i added Earthquake to my genie skills.
    Earthquake is a knockback skill.
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    should i lvl my knockback? its lvl 2 b:chuckle
  • Klizzahrd - Lost City
    Klizzahrd - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    yes, it misses. so sorry to tell ya b:cry
  • Klizzahrd - Lost City
    Klizzahrd - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2010

LOL mine is at 3. I want the mana cost low so I can spam it haha
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010

I think mine is at that level, as well.

To be honest, I'd rather save my spirit for better things. >.> It's not like increasing the level increases the distance you knock a monster back, so... I should have just left it at level one. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think mine is at that level, as well.

To be honest, I'd rather save my spirit for better things. >.> It's not like increasing the level increases the distance you knock a monster back, so... I should have just left it at level one. XD

I believe the general consensus is something along the lines of lvl 1 Knockback until you have all the other Demon/Sage skills and got nothing else to do.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Definitely misses, so be prepared with winged shell or wingspan or a pot(?!) if and when it does! Always good to have a backup plan :D

(NB: Skill names might be slightly off seeing as my archer is not my main... 8D)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com