Venomancer Kiting Tactics

2»

Comments

• Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I don't really care what they've contributed elsewhere. On the thread I posted I asked why venomancer pets did not activated skills in the same manner as players. Period. I did not ask for advice on how to attack a fleeing mob on a melee character. So yes, his response is pretty worthless.
    1. I wasn't replying to you, I was replying to someone else who misunderstood how skills and attack range work on a fleeing target. I thought that was pretty clear considering I quoted the person before I gave my reply. If there's a rule which prohibits answering questions or clarifying misunderstandings presented by follow-up posters to a thread, I was unaware of it.

2. From your first post, it's apparent you already knew how the skills work.
    As a melee when i que a melee attack I either need to get ahead of a moving player or wait for the player to stop moving in order to execute said melee skill.
    The only piece of the puzzle which you were missing was that veno pet skill trigger distance is set shorter than veno pet skill's range. That essentially forces the pet to do exactly what you're doing - run close enough to the moving player that they'll still be in range of the skill when it finishes firing. Someone else provided you that piece of the puzzle, and I confirmed it.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    As for the noob lvl 40 barbs post, good job on not reading what I said aswell lol.

That "noob lvl 40 barb" was giving you one of the best responses you had actually had on the entire thread. He also wasn't even speaking to you in the first instance.

Get over yourself, you ignorant little BM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    Sandaili - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm going to make this short because I am tired. I don't see why venomancers are able to send their pets to attack a player while they are fleeing from the fight. No other class can attack while moving so why should a venomancer be any different (excluding genie skills). I'm sure that someone will read this and turn it into a QQ thread but I am seriously asking why it is the way it is.

As a melee when i que a melee attack I either need to get ahead of a moving player or wait for the player to stop moving in order to execute said melee skill.

For venomancer pets melee skills are activated when they are in range, not when you stop moving. It would only make sense to me that a melee pet would be set up in the same manner as a melee class.

Now go ahead and call this a QQ thread. I think I have valid point and I'd like some feedback. >.>

Okay, one - do you have to FEED your weapon? Do you have to "keep it alive" by healing it during fighting? No. So stop complaining. They're a different class. Seriously, think about it. Archers can fling arrows at you, let's think about that one too. You can shoot an arrow and run.....and when you send in a pet and you run, if you run far enough away, it disappears. Or, because you're not there to heal it, it dies. There are drawbacks to everything in this game. And who cares that someone already answered it; this is a message board and ppl can reply til it's closed.
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Okay, one - do you have to FEED your weapon? Do you have to "keep it alive" by healing it during fighting? No. So stop complaining. They're a different class. Seriously, think about it. Archers can fling arrows at you, let's think about that one too. You can shoot an arrow and run.....and when you send in a pet and you run, if you run far enough away, it disappears. Or, because you're not there to heal it, it dies. There are drawbacks to everything in this game. And who cares that someone already answered it; this is a message board and ppl can reply til it's closed.

^^ I agree with this girl right here, and to add to that, well... pets are just mob that have been hypnotised into our controll, same princapes aplie. if you go attack a mob whith a ranged attack or a poison etc... is it gonna stop just cuz you run that little bit out of close range? no.

yknow what? if your complaining you cant pk venos because there pet can hit you out of range heres a thought... most clases (the BM in perticular) have some pretty decent speed skills, just jump the porr girl before she gets a chance to run far enough to help her pet with a few scarab blasts, chances are she goes down in a few hits (unless shes a heavy/light armor class in which case i dunno) I do sinceary appologise if im raging b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Maybe if a veno pet kills someone they should lose XP.. after all that player was killed by a "mob".

As it is, if a veno pet makes a kill the veno actually gets the kill credit. Because of that it makes logical sense for a veno pet to obey basic pvp restrictions like 75% pvp damage reduction and air-to-ground damage reduction. However, it is well-known that veno pets are sloppily coded which is why they seem to break lots of "rules" and even get stuck.

Keep in mind a 'free' game doesn't have to be well balanced or bug-free to be a financial success. PWE makes more money from battle packs, anni packs, and clothes than balance or fixing bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ^^pets are just mob that have been hypnotised into our controll

b:shocked But i thought my pets liked me...
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    BloodFire - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What does someone lvl have to do with anything.
    Why even bring it up.
    Now you are acting arrogant and ignorant.

"As for the level thing...I don't read names so rather than say "that barb" I tried to be more specific."

What a lame excuse for ill manners. That doesn't excuse calling Solandri a noob. If you wanted to be more specific you could have just said the name.I know Solandri has other accounts, a veno in particular , and is very respectable.

To be on topic.

A Pet is set up like a mob as I am sure you have read. And we venos do have a range it's just larger. If we move back to far our pet will disappear.
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

b:chuckle oh they do they do, but...
    yknow I thought I had a witty and hilariouse comeback but... i dont b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2010

no they just like the way you jiggle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • AineGoddess - Lost City
    AineGoddess - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I lol'db:chuckle
    Venomancer kiting Tactics:

Kiteflyingdog.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Can I just question the root of this complaint?

Because when I start a skill on something, it doesn't matter if they then run out of range - the skill still hits.

I'm not seeing pets as being special in that. Once the channel starts, you're gonna get hit.

Is this different for pure-melee skills?
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Can I just question the root of this complaint?

Because when I start a skill on something, it doesn't matter if they then run out of range - the skill still hits.

I'm not seeing pets as being special in that. Once the channel starts, you're gonna get hit.

Is this different for pure-melee skills?

umm when you start channeling if you run outta range of that spell no it will not hit and infact cancels the channeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    umm when you start channeling if you run outta range of that spell no it will not hit and infact cancels the channeling.

That's not what I'm seeing. I've seen scarabs fly almost twice the distance I'm allowed to start casting them at. Perhaps the 'cancel' range is just very large for that skill?
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    That's not what I'm seeing. I've seen scarabs fly almost twice the distance I'm allowed to start casting them at. Perhaps the 'cancel' range is just very large for that skill?

actually shes got a point, if you start casting something a moment before the thing starts to walk the other way the skill still hits :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nifsara - Lost City
    Nifsara - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I got it, "really" make a veno and see why for yourself. Do not hate the player hate the game, !Player! Question resolved. Now that was short. b:laugh
    I'm going to make this short because I am tired. I don't see why venomancers are able to send their pets to attack a player while they are fleeing from the fight. No other class can attack while moving so why should a venomancer be any different (excluding genie skills). I'm sure that someone will read this and turn it into a QQ thread but I am seriously asking why it is the way it is.

For venomancer pets melee skills are activated when they are in range, not when you stop moving. It would only make sense to me that a melee pet would be set up in the same manner as a melee class.

Now go ahead and call this a QQ thread. I think I have valid point and I'd like some feedback. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:pleased
  • Nifsara - Lost City
    Nifsara - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    See high levels no skills. Ruining even a class like venos. You never attack the enemy first that is what your pet is for. After they attack you watch to see if others attack them so you can pull them back and resummon them before the enemy get to you. Duh and you call yourself a veno! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:pleased
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    See high levels no skills. Ruining even a class like venos. You never attack the enemy first that is what your pet is for. After they attack you watch to see if others attack them so you can pull them back and resummon them before the enemy get to you. Duh and you call yourself a veno! b:shocked

Um, what the fluff does that have to do with what I posted?
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    with the proper skills a BM cannot be stunned therefore you can just run out of range which will cause the pet to reset.... now if you're dealing with a high level demon veno you have no chance of outrun so fly after a long jog... lol
  • Istilah - Sanctuary
    Istilah - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    No other class can attack while moving so why should a venomancer be any different (excluding genie skills).

So... every class can do this thing (if you include genie skills) and you are objecting that venomancers can do so using pets?

b:chuckle